No announcement yet.

[Mafia]The Chopping Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Vote Count: Beast - 4 (the_paul, Vehicle, Jessup, LF)
    OrangeAndBlack5 - 2 (Beast, Exalt)
    The_Paul - 1 (Markmrw)

No vote: Squirtle17, OrangeAndBlack5

Phase Change: Sunday 11/21/2021, 9am CST (about 15 hours from this post)

Comment

• Originally posted by Markmrw View Post

Unless you are some kind of Mafia evil genius
      nah that'd just be being a dick

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
        Also, LFs first post was saying 'Voth is a 1 shot mafia bus driver' and then he flips 1 shot mafia busdriver.

Why would I ever NOT investigate someone THIS accurate in such a ridiculously unlikely to be coincidence way? Who the fuck would know a 1 shot mafia bus driver exists in this game without being told somehow?

It's just too weird a coincidence to ignore... unless you come from these forums and have special needs.
        he didn't say 1-shot p sure

and like while on the surface that's sketchy or whatever, would you ever start a game by calling your mafia buddy their exact role?

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post
          Current Vote Count:
          Beast - 3 (Vehicle, Jessup, LF)
          OrangeAndBlack5 - 2 (Beast, Exalt)
          The_Paul - 1 (Markmrw)

No vote: the_paul, Squirtle17, OrangeAndBlack5

Phase change is scheduled for 5 hours, but given the tightness of the race and that we're missing a third of the votes, I'm considering extending this round until tomorrow morning, ~9am CST (20 hours from now). That will push us mostly through the weekend and hopefully give time for our missing voters. It is a busy time of year, I don't want to punish anyone of affect the results of the game by enforcing strict timing on the game.

I'll do another vote count and keep the status updated around 6pm CST (5 hours).
          goated

Comment

• also did anybody else not read beast saying he has a one-shot kill as him saying that on accident

I definitely thought he was gonna come back and be all like "oops I meant one-shot ability" and instead he doubled down

I think the concerns of a potential Jester are valid but I've played with a lot of different types of Jester so I don't know how scared of that I should be

Comment

• anyways I'm pretty sure Exalt is indeed a tracker here

and while that in and of itself isn't clearing

and given Voth flipped one-shot bus driver it seems reasonable to assume that every role INCLUDING the mafia roles is one-shot

ergo

why tf would scum have a one-shot tracker

so he's also probably just town unless willby really hates the mafia

Comment

• that all being said

Originally posted by Jessup View Post

With a 1 shot kill you said? Cops don't kill people unless they have an extra kill power. (except in usa irl )

Do you have 1 shot investigative (COP) that you depleted on LF AND a shot kill too?? You clearly said that,,, This is why if you are town do NOT lie unless you have a way of not confusing town. I'm not really questionoing your investigative role so much as the 1 shot kill you claimed as an extra power.

I don't know for the life of me why you would claim that sigh unless you wanted to scare mafia from taking you out which at this point being depleted of your cop role makes VERY little sense to me.

If Beast flips town LF and exalt are not off the hook either from my standpoint but hopefully we will have more info coming to us with the apparent 1 shots so far in this game.
                I think this is going after somebody who is acting indignant by calling it scummy while suggesting they're 3P specifically as you know they aren't mafia to cover your own ass when they aren't red

and then also trying to piggyback that onto Exalt (who I think is town) and LF (who I think is town)

which is just a bad look regardless of what beast is here

unless I missed it you (Jessup) also didn't comment on LF's bus driver bit, like, at all, which seems relevant for somebody who is attempting to put suspicion on him even after another player claimed a greencheck on him

also I think that the odds that at least one person bussed voth is pretty high, he didn't exactly seem too popular with everyone here

Comment

• I'm thinking Vehicle and Jessup are my top two suspects as of now, which Paul being a random gut read that has zero reasoning to it besides pure suspicion.

Vote: Jessup

Truth be told, I don't even have a read on OB5. My vote on him was never meant to be permanent. Beast is a really bad wagon and OB is the only one who called it out. That gives some Townie points imo.
                  RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by orangeandblack5 View Post
                    also did anybody else not read beast saying he has a one-shot kill as him saying that on accident

I definitely thought he was gonna come back and be all like "oops I meant one-shot ability" and instead he doubled down

I think the concerns of a potential Jester are valid but I've played with a lot of different types of Jester so I don't know how scared of that I should be
                    People here know damn well Beast would make this mistake and then double down. It's not out of character in the slightest. Certain people are just using it to their advantage. The biggest offenders seem to be Jessup and Vehicle, both of whom know Beast well enough to think maybe it was a typo or something.

Beast would also be the type to think it's somehow advantageous to not just claim 1 shot cop at the start and add random nonsense to it thinking others might believe it. Trying to understand the depth of Beasts vast intelligence is a futile effort. Just know the answer is 42.
                    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• holy shit I just realized I forgot to vote Jessup

vote Jessup

Comment

Truth be told, I don't even have a read on OB5. My vote on him was never meant to be permanent. Beast is a really bad wagon and OB is the only one who called it out. That gives some Townie points imo.
                        not much of a surprise when I've been pretty damn AWOL

still, should have more time from here on out in theory

Comment

People here know damn well Beast would make this mistake and then double down. It's not out of character in the slightest. Certain people are just using it to their advantage. The biggest offenders seem to be Jessup and Vehicle, both of whom know Beast well enough to think maybe it was a typo or something.

Beast would also be the type to think it's somehow advantageous to not just claim 1 shot cop at the start and add random nonsense to it thinking others might believe it. Trying to understand the depth of Beasts vast intelligence is a futile effort. Just know the answer is 42.
                          yeah noted - that makes pushing him specifically under the idea he isn't mafia (but is instead a neutral) even worse

Comment

• don't have long but talk me through vehicle?

can re-read the whole game tomorrow and gather wider thoughts but although I feel my grasp on the game is decent for how long I've actually been in it (ie, not much) I can't say I remember much of what he's done off the top of my head

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                              What I'm seeing here is Exalt claiming tracker who tracked @lf who Beast also investigated. Exalt says LF didn't go anywhere. Beast says LF is innocent.

The two of them confirming each other does not necessarily make them or LF town but for now I'm inclined to believe them. The reason I'm taking their word for now is because our dead townsmen was a member of the neighborhood watch, which would imply that there are multiple people with investigative roles, likely one-shot to balance them.

squirtle17, I'm not sure I believe your roleclaim. What compelled you to do it? How do you justify having the title of "HOA President" in an HOA-themed game yet apparently you have no power? (PS: Roleclaiming during the night phase is bad form. It's usually pretty frowned upon to make posts like that during the night phase (where town is supposed to be "asleep") but maybe I'm just an old man?)

The one and only reason I'm not voting for squirtle this phase is because he did vote for Voth along with Jessup and myself.

the_paul, thank you for pointing out how getting a scum kill on D1 gives town a massive lead and then saying "I kind of hope Beast is bluffing" about his role claim. You were also rather active during Day 1 while you were camping on LF, pinging AFK's to come vote for someone. I see right through you.

Vote the_paul

I have other prospects, but the baby just woke up.

Hello,

I actually disclosed the information about myself an hour before the night phase, so not as sketchy as you think. I probably should have done it sooner but I've never played this game in a forum set up so my timing is off.

I believe each ability is one shot as mine is as well and I'm choosing not to reveal it at this time.

I feel as though the following are scummy: Exalt, Beast, & Markmorrow.

My vote will follow the majority and be for Exalt, if I missed the deadline the outcome will still be the same.

pokebong> you never had a bad round b4?

~

1:Steadman> u turned that game and ur a god of subspace

Comment

• Oh.. the majority is voting beast. I'll keep my vote to Exalt cuz why not, outcome will be the same.
                                pokebong> you never had a bad round b4?

~

1:Steadman> u turned that game and ur a god of subspace

Comment

Working...
                                X