[Mafia] Someone is Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mafia] Someone is Watching

Too lazy to type up my own rules, so I'm stealing Willby's from last game....

Hello and welcome to TW Mafia: Someone is Watching

Mafia is a game of social deduction that has been played on the Trench Wars forums for many years. New or old, this game is accessible to all, provided an average skill at deduction and just the right amount of mistrust between friends. The game pits an informed minority (the mafia) against an uninformed majority (the town) for control over the game. We alternate between day and night phases. Each day phase, everyone gets together and chooses someone to be removed from the game (aka lynched). At night, the mafia secretly chooses someone to remove (nightkill). There are many other roles and mechanics involved, but that's all you need to know to get started.

The setting of the game will be further explained in the opening post.

Disclaimer(s):
    The roles I have chosen might be tweaked slightly and/or X-Shot (limited usage ability).
    I've also been known to create some of the roles myself...

Rules:
    1) Actions occur in this order: Target modifiers (Busdriver, hider, commuter, nexus) -> Strongman -> Action modifiers (roleblock, protection) -> Killing roles -> Miscellaneous (treestump, recruitment) -> Investigative roles
    Target Modifiers, however, can be roleblocked.
    2) All votes must be BOLDED. Unvotes are not necessary but are allowed
    3) You may not abstain from voting, except for the first day, as necessary.
    4) There are NO double lynches. In the event of a vote tie, neither part will be lynched and we will proceed to night phase
    5) Please keep conversation limited to game-related topics. It's really cool to see a game go into hundreds of pages, but it's a bit of a turn-off for new players and those who can only spare a few minutes for reading.
    6) Phases will last however long I see fit. I expect votes every day and night-actions at night. Please don't keep everyone else waiting. Ideally, day phases will last under 48 hours, and night phases approximately 24 hours. It is your responsibility to make sure the game goes quickly though.
    7) Never re-post any part of any pm sent to you by me. Paraphrasing is okay but I am the final judge of what is acceptable. I will mod-kill you instantly if you do so. Don't be a tool and we'll be cool.
    8) You may not EDIT your posts. Multi-posting to correct what was said is fine.
    9) Do NOT Lurk. I need you to post at least once per phase (more than a one-liner, please). If someone does not do even that much than I will look for a substitute. If someone's is seen as lurking more than usual, it is your job as town/mafia to lynch them.
    10) If you're dead, you're dead. Dead people don't talk nor share any information.
    11) If you have any questions, please PM me (in-game or in Forum).
    12) Submit your night actions if you have one. If you don't wish to use yours, please let me know that too so we can move on faster.
    13) I reserve the right to modify the rules slightly for extraneous situations.
    14) I reserve the right to edit/delete posts that don't comply with explicitly stated rules here or via private message.
    15) Don't be shit-heads - to me or to each other.
    16) No private messaging please, unless you are specifically allowed to.

Disclaimer: This is my first attempt at hosting a CLOSED SETUP. This will be the only warning you get, so if you skip the first post its your fault alone. For this game I have included a 1 shot GLOBAL modifier for 1 role only. Make of that what you will
    Last edited by LF; 12-05-2021, 09:06 PM.
    1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
    Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Current Phase: Night 1

Players
    Beast - Vanilla Townie (Lynched Day 1)
    Exalt - Vanilla Townie (Killed Night 1)
    Jacklyn - Mafia Rolecop (Killed Day 3)
    Jessup
    Paul
    Soilderz
    Vehicle - Mafia Roleblocker (Killed Day 2)
    Voth - Vanilla Townie (Killed Night 2)
    Willby
    Last edited by LF; 12-09-2021, 07:59 PM.

Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

All roles have been sent out.

I dont have any cool "flavor" ideas atm. That may change as the game progresses. I can't emphasize enough to pay attention to the title and the first post. That is all.

Enjoy!

Comment

someone is watching, & that someone is me. *eyes emoji*
        pokebong> you never had a bad round b4?

~

1:Steadman> u turned that game and ur a god of subspace

Comment

Originally posted by squirtle17 View Post
          You better watch yourself.

Though it wouldn't be the first time you tried targeting yourself.

All that said sukdik n vote the_pill

Comment

Originally posted by squirtle17 View Post
            You can be the Elf on the Shelf .. lol except you are sitting on top of the wreath .. =D

WillBy just random picking?
            >^________^<!

Comment

welcome
              2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

I leave my curtains cracked open for the pervs. Let's go!!
                TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jacklyn View Post

You can be the Elf on the Shelf .. lol except you are sitting on top of the wreath .. =D

WillBy just random picking?
                  In a way, yes. But also no. Paul has been scum the last two games. It's a virtual certainty at this point. Just like how whoever he votes for must also be scum, as he is bussing them. #science

Comment

So what do you guys make of the "Someone is watching" and the "1-shot GLOBAL modifier for one role". Sounds to me like some kind of third party at least.

Been out for so long I feel I need to brush up on the Mafia Wiki a little bit.
                    https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                    1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                    1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                    1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                    1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                    1:soild>they can say what they like
                    1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                    1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Wouldn't be suprised if soldier is digging for town role info, while help scum buddy Paul, and Jessup out. But VOTE VEHICLE for fucking me over last game.
                      2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Ok so after doing some digging in the Mafia wiki the only roles I feel has some kind of relevance with the "Someone is watching" is some kind of variation of the role(s) Informed, Watcher or Voyeur. Obviously watcher is kind of in the name but Voyeur also fits the bill.

By making any of these roles a little bit extra powerful they could probably be a 3rd party of some sort. Of course we can't figure all this out in Day 1 it's just fun to speculate. LF did confirm the importance of the title a extra time too.
                        https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                        1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                        1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                        1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                        1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                        1:soild>they can say what they like
                        1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                        1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Vote: Soilderz

Speculate on that
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Vote Beast

For voting me and for not knowing how to write in complete sentences. Looking forward to your D1, four-word-long roleclaim post.

Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                            Message has been sent to online moderators
                            2:BLeeN> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>no
                            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                            2:BLeeN> ok then no
                            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

For this game I have included a 1 shot GLOBAL modifier for 1 role only.
                              Isn't there like a cult thing where one person can secretly convert people to their clan without their knowledge? Maybe some kind of trigger that would put those people onto a scumgang? Would that count as a global modifier?
                              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                              Message has been sent to online moderators
                              2:BLeeN> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>no
                              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                              2:BLeeN> ok then no
                              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Working...
                              X