[Mafia] Someone is Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
    Before Exalt explains his rationale, I'll offer a simpler, 2 part explanation:

Part 1- Town has only 1 weapon against the mafia, and we need to fire it as much as possible to win. Mafia wins by inaction- the longer a game goes on, the more likely it is that scum wins, simply because they WILL kill every night, meaning they advance their wincon regardless of day phases. Let's assume 2 mafia members. Absolute optimal play from town is lynch scum D1, someone is nightkilled N1, and lynch scum D2. To play optimally, we should lynch D1, right?

Part 2- when you declare no intention to lynch someone D1, the stakes are inherently lowered. Why would beast be threatened by your vote if you aren't going to keep it on him? We don't have to lynch anyone today, but if we say we aren't then there's no pressure, and no information gained. I have full intention of gaining information today, so let's start with a Vote Beast.
    @LF my vote should be on beast as well

Comment

lynching a teammate.
      Side note: This is really setting off my ptsd

1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
      Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post

Side note: This is really setting off my ptsd
        LOOOOOOOL
        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10
        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post

the_paul This is what set it off. Did you read the thread? No way you pulled scum again, did you?
          Let me put it like this and try to keep a shred of nuance in this game, although that ship has basically sailed. I'm picking up what you're putting down, but it doesn't necessarily mean Willby is scum. All it means is that we know what Willby isn't.
          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

@LF my vote should be on beast as well
            Apologies, your bolded text kinda blended with your post. Fixed the vote count
            1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
            Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post

Let me put it like this and try to keep a shred of nuance in this game, although that ship has basically sailed. I'm picking up what you're putting down, but it doesn't necessarily mean Willby is scum. All it means is that we know what Willby isn't.
              Are you? Does that mean you're VT as well? If so, can you elaborate a little? That way we can trust eachother.

Sure, we know what Willby is not. And he is clearly avoiding being up front about his role. That means he is either scum or a town power role. The only way to flush out which is to press him. Pressure leads to answers. Based on actions and attitude, I'd be willing to place a heavy handed prop bet that Willby is scum, and definitely not a town role at all. I'm willing to hear him out, but he has made it clear he won't talk without pressure.

So...let's pressure him.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Are you? Does that mean you're VT as well? If so, can you elaborate a little? That way we can trust eachother.
                Either paul is appeasing you, or he's the other scum. But you keep asking him to do something... what is it you want? He's already voting me

Comment

I'm trying to figure out a way to phrase this without giving the entire thing away day 1. I think that you and I are the same, in that we don't have the same ability, but the same obligation.

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

I'm trying to figure out a way to phrase this without giving the entire thing away day 1. I think that you and I are the same, in that we don't have the same ability, but the same obligation.
                    OK - cool. I read you loud and clear. Sounds like we have a common interest, and Willby has no idea what we are talking about. So I'm thinking that your generic D1 "vote Willby" probably shouldn't change this time.

Oh, and if the rest of you idiots decided to be useful for once and vote Willby, that would be great too.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Either paul is appeasing you, or he's the other scum. But you keep asking him to do something... what is it you want? He's already voting me
                      Or, you're scum and flailing from being nailed Day 1. Is Jacklyn your scum buddy? Was it really that easy? Jacklyn coming at me for being "quiet" the morning after the game starts just seems awfully coached, since she hasn't played in decades and unless she's shamelessly hawking these mafia games but not playing, she has no idea how I play now. Someone bookmark this post for posterity.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Oh, and if the rest of you idiots decided to be useful for once and vote Willby, that would be great too.
                        Voth, heavyweight persuader, the one who never gets tunnel vision

Comment

Voth, heavyweight persuader, the one who never gets tunnel vision
                          What's your role, Willby?

The "army of vanilla townies" who know what I'm saying might be coming, bro. Paul seems to get it. You made the tactical error of trying to press me on it immediately, not knowing that you might be stepping in dog shit.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

To be clear, I do understand 1. What Voth is saying, and 2. Why he's doing what he's doing. My concern is that Willby has a productive town role that is going to be outed as a result of this, but I get it. I don't love it, but I feel 99.9% sure I know Voth's alignment, so I'm going to stay onboard at this point. It is shitty that Willby is getting punished and pressured for making a post, when we're going to have people making 2 posts a day until the end of the game, but thats life on TW Forums mafia

Comment

To be clear, I do understand 1. What Voth is saying, and 2. Why he's doing what he's doing. My concern is that Willby has a productive town role that is going to be outed as a result of this, but I get it. I don't love it, but I feel 99.9% sure I know Voth's alignment, so I'm going to stay onboard at this point. It is shitty that Willby is getting punished and pressured for making a post, when we're going to have people making 2 posts a day until the end of the game, but thats life on TW Forums mafia
                              The more we handle him with kid gloves, the longer he has to think of a bullshit fake-claim. I'm pretty positive he's scum based on conduct alone.

Repeatedly asking for his role is more proving the point rather than expecting a legitimate answer. He just won't do it because he knows he's fucked. Time to die, Willturd.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

The more we handle him with kid gloves, the longer he has to think of a bullshit fake-claim. I'm pretty positive he's scum based on conduct alone.

Repeatedly asking for his role is more proving the point rather than expecting a legitimate answer. He just won't do it because he knows he's fucked. Time to die, Willturd.
                                Quit appealing to paul and talk to literally anyone else in the game. At the moment you need 2 more people.

To be honest your obsession makes me feel like there isnt a sufficient roleclaim. But if you get to 4 I'll throw you a bone.

And freespirit usually goes with WontBy, but willturd has a uniquely Voth feel to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X