Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Conditioning

Sport Conditioning..
    Post what kind of conditioning you have to go threw after playing subspace all summer..

Soccer:
    4 laps
    Jumping Jacks -Jog in place- Strottle hops -Jog in place- Jump in place -bla bla bla Push Ups.. Crunchez..
    then sprints hills all of the good stuff ill get more detailed later..
    and then 4 laps again.

I tell ya what im outta shape haha :eek:
    Last edited by IceStorm; 08-17-2004, 12:28 PM. Reason: School Sports

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
    1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
    1:Freeze> LOL FAR
    ---
    5:waven> freeze
    5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
    5:waven> you state your business with sanji
    5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
    5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
    5:waven> and i will talk to ease
    5:Freeze> LOL
    5:waven> that's how things work around here
    --
    1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Soccer (High School)
    Day 1:
    1 mile under 6 minutes
    1 hr of drills
    1 hr scrimmage
    30 mins 1v1
    10 minutes of relay sprinting

Day 2:
    3 consecutive 400m runs under 70 seconds with 2 mins rest in between
    12 minutes to see how many laps you can do
    1 hr scrimmage
    30 mins 1v1

Well, tomorrow is day 3 and I'm just about to shoot myself.
    this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
    (:3=

Comment

Football (on Southsea Common opposite my house)

Day One
      Buy some football socks

Day Two
      Show off new socks, play for 2 hours and have a few cans of beer

Day Three
      Have a few cans of beer

Day Four
      Play for a few hours, barbeque if nice and have a few cans of beer

Day Five
      etc...
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Pocket pingpong, atleast three sets a day.
        Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

If you consider Debate a sport, then I had to do alot of jaw excersize and cut off my dr. pepper supply cold turkey (it gums your vocials). But I can now blast through something like 37 pages in 8 minutes, so I've actually improved, with no practice $$
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Oh come on you guys, that's not conditioning. Here's an example of a typical soccer practice for us (this was yesterday's practice). It was 6 to 8 am, without any lights because our school is too poor. It didn't get light until 7. I swear, it's like something out of Remember the Titans, doing 330 jumping jacks in the dark.

2 laps around the soccer field, fast jog
            330 jumping jacks with a clap at the top
            100 crunches
            30 pushups
            6 ten second leg lifts
            50 crunches
            25 pushups
            4 ten second leg lifts
            50 bicycles
            20 all the way up situps
            20 pushups
            30 lemon squeezers with a 10 second leg lift
            10 sprint direction change things, followed by a sprint across the field
            10 120 yard sprints in under 21 seconds, alternating with 100 yard jogs in under 30 seconds, back to back (no breaks)
            10-15 sprinting cuts around cones, having to run around half the field following each one
            Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
            1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
            1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
            1:Chao <ER>> at all
            1:Mantra-Slider> chao
            1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
            Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
            Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

I would have given up after about 1,5 lap around the field.
              Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

I play a lot of football on some Saturdays, like every two weeks because everyones away. But that keeps me acceptably fit.

Comment

Originally posted by pandagirl89
                  Oh come on you guys, that's not conditioning. Here's an example of a typical soccer practice for us (this was yesterday's practice). It was 6 to 8 am, without any lights because our school is too poor. It didn't get light until 7. I swear, it's like something out of Remember the Titans, doing 330 jumping jacks in the dark.

2 laps around the soccer field, fast jog
                  330 jumping jacks with a clap at the top
                  100 crunches
                  30 pushups
                  6 ten second leg lifts
                  50 crunches
                  25 pushups
                  4 ten second leg lifts
                  50 bicycles
                  20 all the way up situps
                  20 pushups
                  30 lemon squeezers with a 10 second leg lift
                  10 sprint direction change things, followed by a sprint across the field
                  10 120 yard sprints in under 21 seconds, alternating with 100 yard jogs in under 30 seconds, back to back (no breaks)
                  10-15 sprinting cuts around cones, having to run around half the field following each one
                  Thats not conditioning. holy shit balls, are you fuckin joking me? Either you are bullshitting us all, or your coach is a real fag. Or, you are in a high level of soccer, but than again you wouldnt be at a school with no lights. How old are you? 16? 15? 17? If so, this is highly unlikely...I cannot believe this. This is what we do at hockey practice:

Off ice training: Mile run under 8 * light jog*
                  stretch: everything
                  100m less that 15 sec: 3 times
                  60m less than 10 sec: 5 times
                  mile run under 6 min
                  (If we do not complete it in time, we run a mile, under 7. If we dont complete that, we do it again, etc.)
                  Basketball for about 30 min
                  skipping for 10 min
                  30min break
                  then to On ice
                  20 laps, full speed between blue lines.
                  than we get into practicing...stick handling, checking, puck movement, etc.
                  the price is right, bitch.

Comment

The worst conditioning we have to do on the ultimate frisbee team at Cornell is a little event we call the 200 pride. You run/sprint a 200 on the track, jog a 100, run a 200, jog a 100... repeat. You start at a 40 second pace for the 200, after every 4th 200 you drop a second on the pace. If you miss the pace you're out, you go until you can't make the pace anymore, which basically means you go until you collapse. The goal is to get under 30 second pace, at which point you've already ran nearly 8 miles and now you're running at 4 minute mile pace on your 200's. We only do it once a year though.

The conditioning I hated the most though is when we go on a 4-5 mile run, return and then find out we are running the stadium, touch every step up and down all the way across the entire stadium then back. This is a full sized college stadium, brutal.

Typical conditioning is 5-8 mile run followed by about 60 pushups and situps. This mainly only takes place in the winter though when it's too cold to practice outside and we're preparing for the spring season. For the fall basically 0 conditioning, as the official college season doesn't start until the spring (random tournaments and club play in the fall).
                    Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 08-18-2004, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Sports are for lusers.
                      Gaian Nakie Day

Comment

Originally posted by Hero*
                        Thats not conditioning. holy shit balls, are you fuckin joking me? Either you are bullshitting us all, or your coach is a real fag. Or, you are in a high level of soccer, but than again you wouldnt be at a school with no lights. How old are you? 16? 15? 17? If so, this is highly unlikely...I cannot believe this.
                        It's no joke. I'm 14 and in high school soccer. And yes, my coach is a real fag. He made one of the goalies come back from bandcamp yesterday (yes, band camp lol) which is two hours away and you're not allowed to leave or else you risk a drop in your grade, but anyway he made her come back or else he said she was getting kicked off the team. And she didn't even start as goalie, she sat the bench until the second half of the scrimmage. It wasn't even a game.

EDIT: And then after the practice he was like "Guys this practice was easy. On a scale of one to ten this was about a four. You guys are going to have to toughen up a lot to get in better shape. Practice is going to be even hard from now on." We just stared at him.
                        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                        1:Chao <ER>> at all
                        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

remember in season 1 of the sopranos when the soccer coach banged that soccer player
                          can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by pandagirl89
                            It's no joke. I'm 14 and in high school soccer. And yes, my coach is a real fag. He made one of the goalies come back from bandcamp yesterday (yes, band camp lol) which is two hours away and you're not allowed to leave or else you risk a drop in your grade, but anyway he made her come back or else he said she was getting kicked off the team. And she didn't even start as goalie, she sat the bench until the second half of the scrimmage. It wasn't even a game.

EDIT: And then after the practice he was like "Guys this practice was easy. On a scale of one to ten this was about a four. You guys are going to have to toughen up a lot to get in better shape. Practice is going to be even hard from now on." We just stared at him.
                            LOL, yes, he is a fag than. also, LMFAO to illyaz
                            the price is right, bitch.

Comment

jogging a few times a week (varying from around 5 km up to 15-20)
                              badminton once a week
                              tennis once a week
                              squash once a week
                              ping-pong once a week
                              rollerblading maybe once or twice

in the winter I do other stuff of course.
                              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                              5: Da1andonly> =((
                              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Working...
                              X