ATTN: Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN: Ontario

As most of you know, French is taught in Ontario schools all over. I'm doing a debate tomorrow arguing that it SHOULDN'T be taught in Ontario, if anyone has any good arguments please post here. I also need a comeback to the argument: 'French will seperate from Canada if we don't learn French anymore, because they are afraid of losing their culture and language. If they seperate we will lose our hugest province, a load of money, and an abundance of natural resources.' I need a comeback to that. Help Send out, help him with his debate! :headbang:

Btw This Is Important Please Help

Comment

I think a bigger argument you will have to counter is that it's easier to find job in many sectors if you're bilingual. I don't think the Quebecois care if kids in Toronto can conjugate the verb "avoir", but if they do, I don't think that will be what makes them want to seperate.

Comment

Thanks Troll, I have a perfect counter to that.

(You can't become bilingual and speak fluent French in 5 years of learning it, its impossible.)

Oh and Troll, more please! B)
        Last edited by Send; 11-07-2004, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Ah, but that's not the point. They don't give you two years of biology and expect you to be able to be an expert either, do they? You see, the thing is you have to first understand the point of education. It really doesn't matter, for example, if a student never grows up to be able to climb the rope in gym or tell the difference between Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. The point is to provide a foundation so that they can do more later on. You won't be bilingual after a couple of years of French at school, but you'll have a good foothold to eventually becoming bilingual.

Comment

How am I gonna counter that

Can you give me more ideas from the 'against' perspective? Thanks btw.

Comment

I studied French and never complained about it.

Important thing is Toronto Maple Leafs rape Senators every year and yes I am talking to you Volcs and all these other Ottawa girls who wine about their team. Come to Toronto, you'll get whooped in the arena and outside of it.

(good point Troll, just changed it now :grin: )
              Last edited by Tyson; 11-07-2004, 04:47 PM.
              Blood Love Overcomes Our Depressions

PROPERTY OF DICE AS OF FEB, 17 2007

WIN LOSE OR TIE UNITED FORCE TILL I DIE

THE BOYS OF SUMMER
              LIVE FOR GRAPEVINE
              SHED BLOOD FOR GRAPEVINE
              I DIE FOR GRAPEVINE

WWW.SIZZERB.COM

Comment

I guess somebody here didn't take enough geography.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson
                  I studied French and never complained about it. I think the real reason they want to seperate is because our Toronto Maple Leafs rape their Senators every year and yes I am talking to you Volcs and all these other Ottawa girls who wine about their team. Come to Toronto, you'll get whooped in the arena and outside of it.
                  Isn't the Senators in Ontario in Ottawa?

Comment

I was made to do French at school; we did 2 hours a week (when I started my GCSEs it went down to 1 hour). Nobody took it seriously, everyone just pissed about because 1) nobody likes French people and 2) they taught us totally useless things that wouldn't help us if we did ever go to France. I can't speak any French phrases (apart from "do you speak English?"). I think they should have helped us to be able to SPEAK French instead of focusing on how to write and spell it, and how to get the syntax and grammar right.

I wasted so much time doing a subject that I didn't enjoy and couldn't care less about.

Comment

Well French is a language spoken all over the world, the only reason I could think of not to teach French is because you spend time learning a language you might not use, while you could use the time to actually learn your own language better because it saddens me to see how some people barely manage to type correct sentences in their own native language.
                      Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

:diepig:

:lame:

:sorry:

You should indeed be sorry, not that much spaces in your reply please -Rodge
                        Last edited by Rodge_Rabbit; 11-07-2004, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Hot send, you got 420 posts.
                          You know what time it is.
                          Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

Alot of people in our school system have no use for french and hate learning it, there's no doubt about that. You could argue that french should be removed from the public schools but remains in specific french emersion school's because then people who wish to learn the language still have the option to do so. Most of the time the only reason someone learns any given language is because their parents want them to so if that were the case the parents could place their kid in the proper school where they would be able to learn it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson
                              I studied French and never complained about it.

Important thing is Toronto Maple Leafs rape Senators every year and yes I am talking to you Volcs and all these other Ottawa girls who wine about their team. Come to Toronto, you'll get whooped in the arena and outside of it.

(good point Troll, just changed it now :grin: )
                              ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?!
                              Well.. you just proved you are.

You have no fucking clue what the fuck you're talking about, and if you ever decide to come to Ottawa I'd love to show you around and then kick you in the fucking head.

LEAFS SUCK! They have VERY LITTLE talent, and it all lies in Belfour. If the leafs had a bad goalie like Lalime they wouldn't have even made it to the playoffs.

You obviously don't know hockey if you support a team like that for any other reason than living there.

The sens had:
                              Great Offense
                              Great Defense
                              Terrible Goalie

Leafs had:
                              Average Offense
                              Average Defense
                              Great Goalie.

The sens as of now have everything they had before and have gotten rid of the bad goalie.. next season, the leafs are going to get shitkicked.

Fuck you Tyson, I hope you and the leafs catch sars.
                              Last edited by Volcs; 11-07-2004, 11:56 PM.
                              Kthx> Does JB Inc pay his child support with pub bux?

Undisputed Pre-Menstral Super-Bitch Internet Kickboxing Champion 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X