Terri Schiavo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nickname
    Maybe it's because you're american and if it doesn't concern America (I.E. Iraq) then you don't give a shit?
    You crazy canadians and your played out assumptions.

EDIT: Why scoop? So she can go on living in body only for 15 more years? They fed her with that tube for 15 years and no progress was made. She was braindead, and her body barely moved.
    Last edited by Liquid Blue; 03-31-2005, 01:50 PM.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

South Park did a wonderful job of parodying this last night.
      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop
        They should have put that feeding tube back in her
        Why?
        Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Originally posted by scumbag
          you wont have to hear about them anymore, she died.
          unless they put out some stupid bloody commemerence show about how "brave" she was <_< , oooo courage, being a side dish
          Dag, yo.
          "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderMage
            Abigail and I were talking about it the other night, and something with the husband just seems... off. He's coming off with a bad vibe to her and I, because from what Abby has heard on the news, Terri can recover, or COULD have, if her husband hadn't had her off basic care for as long as he has(years). And why he's married to someone else, yet keeping his marriage to Terri just seems wrong(Abby said the husband is 'communally married' or something, her dad is working on the case).
            The husband isn't acting shady. He's stood by his wife, in a vegetative state for 15 years. Eventually, the hospital bills add up, and he needed money. So, he tried pulling her off the feeding tube, but the parents interjected, and the whole thing got blown out of proportion.

BTW, South Park did such an awesome parody on this.
            Originally posted by Tone
            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by T3l Ca7
              Why does that woman has to be on the headline EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Way to ruin my already sucky days <_<

BTW where do you stand on the issue.
              Just wondering, do you ever display any other emotion then "pissed off"?
              Thrashing> "That'll be 25.99, thank you for buying, please come again"
              Thrashing> "LET'S FUCK!"
              Thrashing> Like that, Ott?
              Catgirl> rofl
              Missy> o.O im so leaving this chat

Kim> hal, say fit of rage sucks ballz
              fit of r> here, i'll do it for you
              fit of r> I SUCK BALLS
              Kim> loool
              fit of r> I LOVE BIG HAIRY MAN BALLS

Comment

Needy, emotionally stunted and desperate are her main 3.
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
                  Now that's just mean. I'm guessing this is the lady who's parents want kept alive, but husband wants dead out of mercy. I'd put her out of her misery, I don't know why her parents would want to prolong a life of nothing.
                  the husband also won $300,000 from a settlement suing the wife's doctor. she got $750,000 from that trial even tho she's a veggie. methinks he wanted the money o.o anyway, i read all this stuff in TIME mag.
                  thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

he only has about 30k$ left, because of the hospital bills and the trials

Comment

I think it's disgusting that politicians like DeLay, Jackson, & the Bush Crime Family are using this tragedy as a wedge issue, and using this tragedy as fuel to fire the culture wars. And even scarier is the neoconservative congressional threat of voting to withhold funds from the Judiciary, as a way to exact retribution for not ruling in the favor of the Schiavo family. I mean....WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ABOUT? Principles only have value when you abide by them when they're NOT convenient.

But I guess this story makes an excellent distraction from the WMD story that came out this week, and DeLay's legal trouble... <_< I guess if everyone's talking about Michael Jackson and Terri Schiavo, nobody cares about our leaders' gross negligence, or malfeasance.

On the bright side, I'm grateful that the Judiciary had the integrity to uphold the core principles of the American Government, and utilize the system of checks and balances to curb that careening abuse of power.

Comment

It's kind of irritating how they said she died peacefully. Is it peaceful for any other person to starve to death? I guess it was peaceful for her because she couldn't say I'M FUCKING THIRSTY.
                        "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

To presume the husband is a shady character was my first assumption as well, being a skeptical person. But, knowing everything that's been said and done in this case a little bit better, I've come to the conclusion that saying he wants her money or something would just be wrong. I mean, it's been 15 years now that she's been in here vegetative state and he's been supportive with the money won from the lawsuit against the doctor for malpractice (which is what caused her condition in the first place - the bulimia). The husband at this point has very little to gain. He is Catholic and under Catholic law or whatever he can get his marriage annulled so that's not really a big issue. I don't hold the guy in bad standing for getting a new girlfriend after 15 years since they did have a child. There, really, is no point in dwelling on a very sad situation for the rest of your life when you have other lives at hand (the child's). After consideration of everything, this glass-half-empty person has concluded that the husband actually is carrying out the wishes of his late wife and that is why he has been so persistent.

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyKing
                            It's kind of irritating how they said she died peacefully. Is it peaceful for any other person to starve to death? I guess it was peaceful for her because she couldn't say I'M FUCKING THIRSTY.
                            She can't feel pain or hunger douche

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop
                              They should have put that feeding tube back in her
                              Originally posted by GHB
                              She's dead!
                              </thread>
                              this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
                              (:3=

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                                You crazy canadians and your played out assumptions.

EDIT: Why scoop? So she can go on living in body only for 15 more years? They fed her with that tube for 15 years and no progress was made. She was braindead, and her body barely moved.
                                Her parents wanted to take care of her. They should have that right. and she was not brain dead. when her parents walked in she even smiled.
                                4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                                4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                                4:Geio> DEEZ?
                                4:Geio> LOLOL
                                4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                                4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                                4:spirit> LOL
                                4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                                4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Working...
                                X