Terri Schiavo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scoop
    Her parents wanted to take care of her. They should have that right. and she was not brain dead. when her parents walked in she even smiled.
    Bullshit, gimme a link to a video. After video taping her for 4 hours or some mess, all they got out of her was her moving her head side to side. She's been in that state for 15 fucking years, the parents need to move on, she's not going to get better. You're just throwing money away by keeping her body alive- yes I say body because she was brain dead. I don't know for how many years, but her "spirit" if you believe in it, left house already.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer
      The husband isn't acting shady. He's stood by his wife, in a vegetative state for 15 years. Eventually, the hospital bills add up, and he needed money. So, he tried pulling her off the feeding tube, but the parents interjected, and the whole thing got blown out of proportion.

BTW, South Park did such an awesome parody on this.
      I'm pretty sure he divorced her, then used the lawsuit money she received (which was supposed to pay her hospital bills and such) and used it for his attorney. From what I read, he called off nursing care a few years back even though she was showing signs of recooperation.

The guy stands to make some dough on this one. I don't think it was blown too far out of proportion. Either way, I think keeping her around for 15 years in the state she was in was slightly cruel.
      Last edited by Reclusion; 03-31-2005, 10:02 PM.
      Reclusion
      "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

Originally posted by Evasive
        She can't feel pain or hunger douche
        How do you know?
        "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
          Bullshit, gimme a link to a video. After video taping her for 4 hours or some mess, all they got out of her was her moving her head side to side. She's been in that state for 15 fucking years, the parents need to move on, she's not going to get better. You're just throwing money away by keeping her body alive- yes I say body because she was brain dead. I don't know for how many years, but her "spirit" if you believe in it, left house already.
          Amen, sister
          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Terri Schiavo was the world's most expensive vegetable, besting radishes by $2,000 per pound!

edit:changed IS to WAS because the bitsh is dead B)
            Last edited by hogo; 03-31-2005, 10:07 PM.

Comment

love you too, fit.
              My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                You're just throwing money away by keeping her body alive-
                IT'S THEIR MONEY TO THROW AWAY! lol ppl.
                btw, brain dead is completely dead, the usual kind.
                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Edify
                  IT'S THEIR MONEY TO THROW AWAY! lol ppl.
                  btw, brain dead is completely dead, the usual kind.
                  And the husband ran out of money, hence this trial. Also I think brain dead counts also if enough of the major parts have shut down, aka this scenario.

Comment

Lol how many things people get wrong. Read my post please - people talking about the husband being married and just wanting her money and such. I agree with the court's decision that the spouse determines matters like this. That is how the law goes. Really the only reason there is controversy is because the parents made a big deal out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyKing
                      How do you know?
                      Because you need a cortex for that.

Comment

Michael Schiavo never divorced Terri. He spent a pretty lengthly time (8 years) attempting to heal her, before giving up for the obvious reason that it's pretty hard to continue living meaningfully, or even live in the first place, when you don't have a cerebral cortex. I haven't heard of any ways to recuperate when you don't have most of your brain, too, unless it involves divine intervention on an unprecedented scale. At least Jesus still had his brain, whereas Terri was missing most of hers so it'd be debatable which ressurection would require greater intervention to achieve.

I can't really comment on what the significance of his new woman is, but I don't think its really relevant to the issue of Terri's life.
                        - k2

Comment

Anyone see the newest South Park that was regarding this situation?

I know its a comedy, but they put a good point, when the angels were in the crowd.

Male Protester> Hey, who are they to play God and decide to remove Kenny's feeding tube?
                          Angel> Aren't you playing God by putting the tube in there, in the first place?
                          DELETED

Comment

sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                              omfg.
                              "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyKing
                                omfg.

Actually, that's the exact same thing I said, right before I began roffling madly.

Comment

Working...
                                X