Latest G.W. Bush speech 11/30/05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
    I am sure they would make an excuse to go into Iraq..
    nm
    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Cops
      As a Canadian citizen who is legal age to vote I will tell you that our political parties suck, liberals are corrupt but atleast they're better than conservatives and ndp will waste a shit load of money, well more than we need to spend.
      I completely disagree. Conservative politicians are white men in suits who make no apologies for who they are and what they are about. They admit they are far to the right and don't give a shit about blue collar people.

Liberal politicians, on the other hand, come out talking about how they care so much for the poor down-trodden working man. Yet they are upper-crust rich assholes too. The Kennedy’s are the perfect examples. Living the high life in exclusive parts of Massachusetts that you and I couldn’t even begin to afford. Joe Kennedy raised his sons to become presidents for God’s sake. Yet people seem to think that JFK spent his life helping poor black people in the slums.

So no, I see the liberals as the hypocrites, not the conservatives.

Comment

Graduated from Case Wester Reserve University in Cleveland, OH (undergrad), Masters Degree's from West Chester State University and recently the University of Pennsylvania.

It's not an assumption, it's general chatter on a forum that is an avenue of discussion regardless of the fact that you may be for or against a topic.

The public speaking is not the issue. The importance of this speech relates to the usage of words that his "Speech Writers" use for him on a revolving basis that is fact! Such words as 9/11, Bin Laden, WMD, Evil Doer's. ...cut me a friggin break Eph...

As I mentioned prior to this addition to the thread, this was solely a new topic to create chatter. Perhaps we should discuss Tinkie Winkie from Tellatubbies.
        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
          And I call bullshit on crap about buying a degree at that level. Influence might help in getting a person in, but no one gets a free ride all the way through a Masters in an Ivy league school.
          Don't be so quick to call buillshit on it. It's easier to pay your way into an Ivy league school than a city one even. Reason being is that after you're in, if you are failing your classes you are given courtesy grades (whether you bought your way in or not). For example, if you had a F in a class they would magically give you a C or B so that the school's annual overall GPA isn't affected. Sad but true.

Now I don't personally know the man so I don't assume he is stupid or brilliant. I do know though that he was not qualified to be president seeing how his only political experience was governor of Texas. Before that he failed at the family business (oil), twice. In fact, he only ran for governor because his daddy's friend told him to and told him how. Told him to invest some of his daddy's money into the Ranger stadium so that he had something to stand on as an accomplishment when he ran. Because of this I do assume the man is unqualified.
          Last edited by Kontrolz; 12-01-2005, 03:27 PM.
          (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Donald Trump graduated from an Ivy League school, his Under Grad degree is from U of P.

The Donald had a higher GPA than Bush did at Yale! hmmm...yet The Donald has gone into chapter 11 more times than one can count on two hands and has screwed over more companies and families than one can imagine with no negative feedback on his pockets.

So being that Donald is such a smart guy, maybe we should have that menace run the country. He would be an Ivy League graduate with a high GPA, has a masters from Wharton Business School, a TV show, three or four ex-wives and a deferment from the military!

OMG...I think we have a presidential canidate!

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
              Donald Trump graduated from an Ivy League school, his Under Grad degree is from U of P.

The Donald had a higher GPA than Bush did at Yale! hmmm...yet The Donald has gone into chapter 11 more times than one can count on two hands and has screwed over more companies and families than one can imagine with no negative feedback on his pockets.

So being that Donald is such a smart guy, maybe we should have that menace run the country. He would be an Ivy League graduate with a high GPA, has a masters from Wharton Business School, a TV show, three or four ex-wives and a deferment from the military!

OMG...I think we have a presidential canidate!
              His daddy was rich too. Starting to see a pattern emerge? If you are in an Ivy league school you are one of three categories, very smart (I doubt bush is that, ivy league smart), smart and your parents are rich (again, the smart part is doubtful when talking about Bush), or your parents are rich (Bush and Trump).
              (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Have any of you guys gotten a Master degree from an Ivy League school? If not, then I question how any of you could be questioning his intelligence.
                And I call bullshit on crap about buying a degree at that level. Influence might help in getting a person in, but no one gets a free ride all the way through a Masters in an Ivy league school.

Fact is, Bush is one of the best educated and one of the highest degreed presidents this country has had. However his public speaking skills are about as bad as they can be, but that says nothing about a person's intelligence. As far as history goes, George Washington never spoke publicly for more than ten minutes because his false teeth required him to keep his jaws clenched. Lincoln's first inaugural address was about as unimpressive and boring as you can get.

But the power of speech, both what is said and how it is spoken, is of critical importance in today's media driven politics. And no question that Bush sucks at public speaking.

But you guys are making a huge assumption about the man's intelligence. I work with, and have hired, people who have monster IQ's and are many times more intelligent than myself (and you guys too). But know what? Some of these people are complete social misfits, then can't stand in front of anyone and construct more than two coherent sentences.

It would serve many of you well if you stopped making the huge assumption that a person’s intelligence is related to a person’s public speaking ability. It isn’t.

Now if you simply don’t him, just say it. But making assumptions and being critical of his intelligence is only demonstrating either that you have a bias view if him or that you aren’t checking the facts.

I agree that Bush isn't as stupid as most think he is. In fact I would almost suggest that his 'stupidity' is really just an act to look more like an average American from Texas instead of part of the 'institution', 3-generation politician, East coast family that he is. Still there's a lot about his whole 'Ivy league' credentials which are suspect.

I remember reading from multiple reliable news sources that said that he only got Cs at Yale. Now I have friends who did go to Yale, and let me tell you... everyone gets at least a B. That's just how the Ivy League works. No one gets bad marks as they want to keep their reputation high. Secondly, he did get a MBA at Harvard. But yet again, how does Harvard accept students? Even today their business school has no official policy that they will tell anyone (I know this as one of my good friends is applying there and he's researched this extensively). All we know is that his father was the ambassador to the UN and ran the CIA. I think he had more than enough connections to get him in that school, and yet again it's a place where once you get in... you pass no question about it.

Finally, I would say that as far a Bush being the most highly educated, you're just wrong. I can easily spout off a list who were more educated. William Taft was a law professor at Yale. Gerald Ford had a law degree from Yale, Roosevelt went to law at Columbia. Meanwhile Bill Clinton was a Rhodes scholar, had a law degree at Yale and lectures in Arkansas before going to public office. Even Jimmy Carter majored in nuclear physics in university (argubly harder than getting a humanities degree at Yale). I'd argue that recieving a law degree is a lot harder than recieving a business degree, but I digress...
                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kontrolz
                  His daddy was rich too. Starting to see a pattern emerge? If you are in an Ivy league school you are one of three categories, very smart (I doubt bush is that, ivy league smart), smart and your parents are rich (again, the smart part is doubtful when talking about Bush), or your parents are rich (Bush and Trump).
                  Or your over 40 and your company pays your tuition for evening Grad School classes.

Comment

I completely disagree. Conservative politicians are white men in suits who make no apologies for who they are and what they are about. They admit they are far to the right and don't give a shit about blue collar people.

Liberal politicians, on the other hand, come out talking about how they care so much for the poor down-trodden working man. Yet they are upper-crust rich assholes too. The Kennedy’s are the perfect examples. Living the high life in exclusive parts of Massachusetts that you and I couldn’t even begin to afford. Joe Kennedy raised his sons to become presidents for God’s sake. Yet people seem to think that JFK spent his life helping poor black people in the slums.

Liberals in Canada = exactly in the middle of the political spectrum. The leader of the Liberal party and the Prime Minister of Canada has a personal fortune of $300 million, but then again he's never claimed otherwise.

We also have a party called the NDP (New Democratic Party) which is to the left and they are mostly poor and really do work with poor people in slums I bet.
                    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                      Finally, I would say that as far a Bush being the most highly educated, you're just wrong. I can easily spout off a list who were more educated. William Taft was a law professor at Yale. Gerald Ford had a law degree from Yale, Roosevelt went to law at Columbia. Meanwhile Bill Clinton was a Rhodes scholar, had a law degree at Yale and lectures in Arkansas before going to public office. Even Jimmy Carter majored in nuclear physics in university (argubly harder than getting a humanities degree at Yale). I'd argue that recieving a law degree is a lot harder than recieving a business degree, but I digress...
                      No you are wrong, apparently you did not correctly read what I wrote. I said he was 'one of the most', you are putting words in my mouth by saying that I wrote that he was THE most highly educated.

I am confused that you would agree with the general premise of my post yet go on to nit-pick details that you misread.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                        Liberals in Canada = exactly in the middle of the political spectrum. The leader of the Liberal party and the Prime Minister of Canada has a personal fortune of $300 million, but then again he's never claimed otherwise.

We also have a party called the NDP (New Democratic Party) which is to the left and they are mostly poor and really do work with poor people in slums I bet.
                        Understood and point taken, the context of my reply was limited to US politics.

Comment

You could also say Liberals are less effected and emotionally drained by living a better life. I would care about the homeless and general social affairs and if any politicans wants to come out and say that they're more intrested in that then giving me a fat tax break then I will always vote for and support them.

I don't know if Bush is stupid or not but he clearly can not speak in public at all. In private he surrounds him self by people who do not challenge him or question his ideas, it's quite appropriate to the character and leadership of a new conservates but that is what is destroying his populatity and credibility and is making the political enviroment unbearable. When the American people and their allies need transparency, credibility and honesty they push for a more secret state and "goto war" with esoteric social issues.

Comment

The JFK thing is intersting. The take on Bobby would be my target of the Kennedy family. RFK was more the Liberal of the family from the hand me down & press related matters that create his history, yet this is a stretch of the truth.

RFK was in bed with likes of Joseph McCarthy and there Communist Inquisitions that ruined so many inncoent peoples/families. The Red Scare that RFK helped in creating with his buddy McCarthy just show that RFK was not a liberal and was a Right wing relegious asswipe that felt if you did not beleive in the ways of the USA, as he and his party did, you where a communist! Just summing it up in a generalization. You can even take it further with his witch hunt against Hoffa and the Teamsters.

The only reason I see that RFK was politically tied to Liberalism, was that he made note of MLK's assasignation and that he tried to reach out to the Black community during these times of racial tension. Otherwise he was a Nazi just like his good ol dad who admired Hitler!

JFK...well hell....everyone deserves a Bay of Pigs in there life.

Comment

Ephermal all politicans well generally most in my mind are corrupt and greedy, I wasn't saying they weren't but you've got to look at the better of the two and in my books The Conservative party are not what I want Canada to stand for.

The Conservatives will destroy one of the best things that disassociates us from America which is our free health care, what i see it comming down to is rich people not wanting to pay more money for taxes so they want to see our health care become a two-tear systsem which fucks me and 80 percent of the population.

The Conservatives want to structrize Canada's military which isn't a bad idea, but we don't need massive amounts spent on a military which i could see go into funding for social programs.

If the Conservatives had a majority government you'd see every highschool student in school till they were 18 which is a terrible idea. I have no doubt in my mind that general problems you see today in highschools will drastically incrase if you force students to be there against their will.

I also don't see eye to eye with any of their policys. It's not a huge election comming up in Canada, it wont me a majority goverment so I might just put my vote towards the NDP which looks like my only option, that or the green party.
                              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Have any of you guys gotten a Master degree from an Ivy League school? If not, then I question how any of you could be questioning his intelligence.

Fact is, Bush is one of the best educated and one of the highest degreed presidents this country has had. However his public speaking skills are about as bad as they can be, but that says nothing about a person's intelligence. As far as history goes, George Washington never spoke publicly for more than ten minutes because his false teeth required him to keep his jaws clenched. Lincoln's first inaugural address was about as unimpressive and boring as you can get.

But the power of speech, both what is said and how it is spoken, is of critical importance in today's media driven politics. And no question that Bush sucks at public speaking.

But you guys are making a huge assumption about the man's intelligence. I work with, and have hired, people who have monster IQ's and are many times more intelligent than myself (and you guys too). But know what? Some of these people are complete social misfits, then can't stand in front of anyone and construct more than two coherent sentences.

It would serve many of you well if you stopped making the huge assumption that a person’s intelligence is related to a person’s public speaking ability. It isn’t.

Now if you simply don’t him, just say it. But making assumptions and being critical of his intelligence is only demonstrating either that you have a bias view if him or that you aren’t checking the facts.
                                Universities like almost anything are corrupt, if you've got enough money and enough influence you will get the help you need to pass one way or another.

True IQ and public speaking don't go hand in hand.

I'm not an american but every time i see Bush on the news its becuase he is saying somthing stupid and its more than just bad public speaking, its inappropriate or off the wall not just stumbling over words or getting nervous.

his decision making seems poor and seems clueless as to what is going on. For instance we see him after that Hurricane publicly congratulating the guy who stuffed up and was sacked a few weeks later ...

This is the view that comes across to the world and it is one where the President of the USA is a moron.

To be a good president surely you need more than a Uni degree from a Rich mans university and contacts in the business world. Public speaking is of course a strong part off being a president as he is the image projected to the rest of world and also needs to deal with his own citizens. His reasoning for going to war against Iraq is questionable and most think skeptically its about oil and his failure to sign kyoto is also not good for world relations.

If your saying he isn't stupid, what difference does it make when he does his job so ineptly that is comes across as stupidity?
                                In my world,
                                I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X