Anime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime

Anyone here watch anime? I've seen your forum avatars and some of them look animeish so I know you're out there!

-Epi
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

ching chang chong!

Comment

I have, I used to watch it all the time. My personal favourite is a series called Neon Genesis Evangelion. A very deep and introspective anime that I am sure would be lost on the majority of subspacers.

Been a long time since I've had time for it though. Was heavily into Fan Fiction, creation, review and just enjoyment too.
      Kind regards
      Neodis

Comment

ah I've seen a few of Neon but I kept forgetitn it was on tv :P It was good though.

I like anime but I like the ....adult part more.
        (Read 'TelC@t's Avatar' to find out why.)

Comment

Originally posted by Neodis
          I have, I used to watch it all the time. My personal favourite is a series called Neon Genesis Evangelion. A very deep and introspective anime that I am sure would be lost on the majority of subspacers.

Been a long time since I've had time for it though. Was heavily into Fan Fiction, creation, review and just enjoyment too.
          neon genesis is kewl only have the first 8 episodes tho
          TelCat> there arent 'sort of' get the flag

Comment

omg dbz for live!
            some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
            1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
            1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

I am. Why do you ask, epi?

Comment

OMG!! Anime.. I love it

Watch it all the time, really fun.. couldn't not post cause its about anime $$

And just for you starters out there: if you think dbz and all the crap like pokemon etc they normally put here on ytv etc is actually what anime is about you are soooo wrong.

Well, just for a taste of the better stuff try watching things like:
                The things I rate good mostly likely have a great story because that what I deem the most valuable subject of watching some work of fiction.

Mechs

Evangelion: One of the great classics, really going to give your mind a run for its money

Esclaflone: One of the better anime's being show in north america.

Samuri stuff

Kenshin: Great movies. The series aren't that great but the movies are simply classic.

just plain cool

X: great anime. Love the ending well the less corny part of it which doesn't ruine the whole team like most normal movies do. For those who haven't seen it. What I mean by this is there is a climax where everything is against the hero/heroin and suddenly surprising he doesn't some amazing stunt and lives saving the world getting the babes etc. In this one its cool cause they don't break the theme that flows all the way through. Can't give out more or it will ruine it for ppl who want to watch it
                Last edited by Force of Nature; 01-02-2003, 12:15 PM.
                Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

Neon Genesis Evangelion = Shitty psycho serie. And no, its not deep. Giving every character that stars in more than one episode some psychological disorder does not make it a good show. A good psychological anime crack open the shell of a NORMAL person so that you can get a glimpse of the persons strengths and flaws. And the ending was the worst piece of shit I have ever seen. I could barely watch anime for weeks after seeing that.

Ai Yori Aoshi = 80% romance and 20% humour. A great anime, tho the beginning is alot better than the ending.

Naruto = Probably one of the best animes out there, about a kid named Naruto that grows up without parents and friends, seeks constant aknowledgement. Great ninja anime with loads of humour.

I'll summarize all tenchi series and movies:
                  Tenchi Muyo OVA : good
                  Tenchi Universe : really good
                  Tenchi in Tokyo : crap
                  Tenchi GXP : really good, one of my favourites.
                  All movies : slighty better than crap

Azumanga Daioh : First it appears to be a girls anime, but it quickly spellbinds you. It has alot of style and surprisingly enough, the ending wasn't crappy! OMG A MIRACLE WITHIN THE WORLD OF ANIME!

Love Hina : The first anime I really watched, its very good, but could be great if it wasn't for all the filler episodes.

Slam Dunk : Basketball anime. A guy joins the team to impress a girl. 101 episodes, no real ending. Pissed me off after watching such a good anime. Oh, and the last 5 minutes of a basketball game should not take up 3 episodes.

Onegai Teacher : Would be great if the major character wasn't a wimp. Seriously, he is almost as wimpy as Shinji Ikari from NGE.

Great Teacher Onizuka : One of my favourites, a guy becomes a teacher because he heard that highschool girls like them. He is an ex-biker gang member and a pervert. All of the students hate him at the beginning, but because he is such a bad motherfucker the students start liking him one and one.

Golden Boy : Alot of ecchi, no nudity thought. It basically has no story except that there's a guy who's riding around on a mountain bike learning about life. But the characters more than make up for it.

Ah... crap there's shitloads of more but I'm not gonna review them now.

Ps. All of you who like neon genesis evangelion are twats who think you will appear smarter because you watch what you think is a deep anime. Nobody understands it (I repeat, that doesn't make it philosophical), because its a load of bullshit. Fucking japanese pseudo-Christian BS.

NEXT TIME I WILL REVIEW HENTAI.
                  Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Don't forget Ghost in the Shell. There's another introspective one for you. Little disappointed in the ending but still a great peice of work.

Although if you'd rather laugh till you die try Excel Saga. She die's 5 times in the first episode it's hilarious!

Oh and to everyone who's only just seen the first 8 episodes of Eva, WATCH THE REST! Then watch the movie End of Evangelion, ADV is realeasing it with a different title but basically the same.

Don't get discouraged by episodes 25 and 26, or 25' and 26'..... don't ask.
                    Kind regards
                    Neodis

Comment

Two classics: Akira and Ghost in the Shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo
                        Neon Genesis Evangelion = Shitty psycho serie. And no, its not deep. Giving every character that stars in more than one episode some psychological disorder does not make it a good show. A good psychological anime crack open the shell of a NORMAL person so that you can get a glimpse of the persons strengths and flaws. And the ending was the worst piece of shit I have ever seen. I could barely watch anime for weeks after seeing that.

Love Hina : The first anime I really watched, its very good, but could be great if it wasn't for all the filler episodes.

Ps. All of you who like neon genesis evangelion are twats who think you will appear smarter because you watch what you think is a deep anime. Nobody understands it (I repeat, that doesn't make it philosophical), because its a load of bullshit. Fucking japanese pseudo-Christian BS.

NEXT TIME I WILL REVIEW HENTAI.
                        You don't seem to realise that the creator of NGE based the whole series on his insane personality, yeah I means Anno is really certifiable. The fact that are not mature enough to appriciate what happens in the ending of the TV series is evidence of this.
                        Kind regards
                        Neodis

Comment

Originally posted by PolluX
                          omg dbz for live!
                          Hell freakin' yeah!
                          I dunno what to write...

Comment

Macross plus is kewl too :\
                            TelCat> there arent 'sort of' get the flag

Comment

Originally posted by Neodis
                              You don't seem to realise that the creator of NGE based the whole series on his insane personality, yeah I means Anno is really certifiable. The fact that are not mature enough to appriciate what happens in the ending of the TV series is evidence of this.
                              Name one fucker without a psychological disorder.
                              Anno = ?
                              Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Working...
                              X