No announcement yet.

Anime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The target audience doesn't detract from the fact that Anime is still cartoons. What gives you the right to insult someone for watching Ninja Turtles when you watch Japanese cartoons fuck each other?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent Lott
      The target audience doesn't detract from the fact that Anime is still cartoons. What gives you the right to insult someone for watching Ninja Turtles when you watch Japanese cartoons fuck each other?
      TMNT = made for kids
      Hentai = made for +18
      Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

• Trent, why do you honestly care? I don't.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

• Cartoons are cartoons. Anime/Hentai/whatever connoisseurs best face that fact.
          Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

• I didn't insult anyone!

Anime is very different from Cartoons. It's like comparing the polka dot door show thingie to Sex in the city! They are both live action right, so they must be the same.
            Kind regards
            Neodis

Comment

• It's like saying you like Friends, but don't like TV.

Comment

• ......... No it isn't.
                Kind regards
                Neodis

Comment

• If you're going to come back with a third grade response, at least make sure to put some misspelled facts in to back it up.

You would probably be hard-pressed to find anyone outside of your fetish community that doesn't lump anime/hentai/whatever under the general heading of "cartoons." This is very simply because they're both hand-drawn, animated features. They both tend to characature people and situations in ridiculous proportions. And until I hear a better definition than "one is made for kids, one is made for adults," I'll go on believing that they belong under that category.

Come on, it's like saying that Run Spot Run is a completely different thing than a movie like Lost Highway. Just because one is rated PG and the other is rated R, doesn't mean that they both aren't just movies when push comes to shove.

Comment

• Okay now you are mixing two methods of classification.

Yes, they are both animated and thus in that sense they are cartoons. But the similarity often ends there.

Now to be fair, there are Anime series that are targeted at a younger demographic in that sense you could call them cartoons.

However, another aspect is the style in which they are drawn, Japanese animation has it's own look and method. Thus, regardless of what the audience is suppose to be you can not mix Anime and other cartoons. Note, when I say other cartoons I mean all other animation not produced in the style generated in Japan, mainly meaning western productions.

So to sum up what should have been a much shorter post:
                    Anime - Style of animation produced in Japan, influenced by tradition and local culture, often meant for adult audiences.

Cartoon - Most often a western production, rarely produced for adult audiences with very little in the way of comparative plot lines. Created with a different style and technique, these forms are influenced by popularity and profit alone, rarely with trandition in mind.
                    Kind regards
                    Neodis

Comment

• Originally posted by Bilbo
                      TMNT = made for kids
                      Hentai = made for +18
                      Originally posted by Trent Lott
                      The target audience doesn't detract from the fact that Anime is still cartoons.

Comment

• Gotcha, so one is a masterpiece of art, influenced by years of culture and tradition while the other is just a visual pacifier for children?

Thing is though, both are STILL cartoons.

Comment

• Trent, if you don't like anime, why are you still posting here?

Trent needs a healthy dose of Doctor Dennis Leary's STFU.
                          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

• At no point did I attach any value system to my explanation of the differences between Anime and cartoons.

I do not believe that you can so roughly determine what each style is intended for. At least as far as style is concerned. It depends on which level you are going to use when you say Anime or cartoon.

On one level, yes, a cartoon is a baby pacifier and Anime is steeped in tradition and art. On another level the Cartoon is a serious collectors item and the Anime a peice of garbage, it really depends on what you are grading and how.
                            Last edited by Neodis; 01-08-2003, 08:27 PM.
                            Kind regards
                            Neodis

Comment

• Wow u seem honestly offended that someone called your Anime cartoons. Does it matter? I am 17 and i think cartoons rock $

the definition of Anime (Courtesy of Dictionary.com) is A style of animation developed in Japan, characterized by stylized colorful art, futuristic settings, violence, and sex. The definition of Animation also Courtesy of Dictionary.com is "An animated cartoon.". Therefore through a totally logic non-opinionated source we have discovered that anime is cartoons.

A cartoon is a cartoon, cartoons rock, don't be ashamed of calling them cartoons.

...Oh and since when did a 13 year olf cartoon girl getting boned by a 3 headed Gangbang beast ever be influenced by hundreds of years of culture.
                              Tigerex

Comment

• Originally posted by Shear
                                Trent, if you don't like anime, why are you still posting here?

Trent needs a healthy dose of Doctor Dennis Leary's STFU.

Do you understand that you're not funny?

Comment

Working...
                                X