No announcement yet.

So who's going to mod now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There comes a time in every man's life when he must decide.

Sometimes, the decision is simple, such as "Should I have crunchberries or grapefruit for breakfast?" Of course I should take the grapefruit. I fucking can't stand crunchberries or that condescending piece of shit, The Captain.

Other times, though, the right choice isn't as clear. We have reached a decisive moment in that of these, these hallowed halls of Trench Wars forumity. With these grave times in mind, it is with the greatest pride and honor that I am formally entering the race for Forum Admin 2006.

But really, who IS ConcreteSchlyrd? I can tell you this much: he's equal parts man, machine, and asian superhero. Pull up a chair, sit on it backwards, and I'll tell you a little bit about my background.

I was born the youngest child of seven in a small town outside of Algona, Iowa. The details of my childhood are fairly inconsequential, so I'll spare you the boring details. Needless to say, I was a precocious child who spent his days working my way back and forth between the libraries and crack dens of my quaint little village. In 1996, at the tender age of 17, discarded my childish toys and went to futher my education at The University of Iowa. It was in my time studying there that I met two young men who would change my future forever.

On the steps of The Union Bar on the night of the 18th of September (the year of our lord, 1999), I became fascinated with the political posturing of a man I would come to know as Divine Rides. He spoke with the fervor of a Southern Baptist and the eloquence of a dandy fop. At his right hand, shouting "AMEN!" and "PRAISE BE, BROTHER!" was a man of equal stature. RogerMexico stoked the crowd and shook his fists violently at passersby. At the end of the night, the two pulled me aside:

"Have you heard about the wars?" asked Div. I was puzzled. I knew there had not been any rumblings of war for some time now. "No," I responded.

"There's rumors of total war... everyone's talking about it, but no one wants to bring it into the public view." Div whispered, looking around to make sure we weren't being overheard.

"Where at?" I asked.

RogerMexico touched his hand upon Div's shoulder, looked at him with the seriousness of a thousand Kevin Federlines, and slowly raised an extended index finger towards the stars. "Up there," he said. "Subspace."

We spent the rest of the night playing chinese checkers and doing blow off of hookers asses. The next morning, I signed up for the first of not one, not two, but five consecutive tours of duty as an officer in the Subspace Warz.

Here I am at the end of my fourth tour of duty in 2004. My last official rank was "Captain Shitpants of the SS Supertricycle" During my time as an officer of the Pallies brigade (104th Armored Fuck You division), I hob-nobbed with the best of them, and saw many good men meet their maker in the cockpit of a spider, shark and warbird. (Rest in peace, JeDi*Knight.) I also was awarded many medals for my valor, heroism, and in one case, starting a campfire the fastest:

(Pictured left to right: Season 7 TWLB Runner Up (brookus cheats) Seal of Rainbow Pride, Season 5 TWLB-Cup Runner Up (Mantra cheats) Bronze Star of Ass-kickin', The Congressional Medallion of Trick-Turning)
    Last edited by ConcreteSchlyrd; 10-08-2006, 09:25 PM.
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

But enough about my exploits as a spaceship pilot. I am a veteran of many spaceship wars, and that's all that needs to be said about that. Let's talk about my cabinet promotions, should I be elected.

Divine Rides - Secretary of the Interior. He'd defend my interior and shit.
      Pearl Jam - Foreign Minister to Extreme Games. It's about time someone showed those fucks that we mean business.
      Mantra-Slider - Foreign Minister to Sweden, Belgium and those other European countries. Someone needs to do it, it might as well be Mantra. He has a fucking yellow cellphone.
      Warportal - Vice Secretary of Elusiveness.
      RogerMexico - TW Poet Laureate.
      Richard Creager - Joint Secretary of the Chiefs of Hating Shit and NES Music.
      Nickname - Leader of the newly formed TW Secret Police. If you're not doing anything wrong, you don't mind us looking into everything you do, right?

Ladies and gentlemen, we deserve a change. A change to better our forum experience for the future generations of spaceship pilots. Are you going to trust DangerGirl for this? I'm not saying anything, but I'll tell you for sure that DangerGirl loves terrorists and doesn't support our troops. I also saw her curb stomp a pair of poodle puppies the other day. Oh, and she burns old ladies' social security checks.

In my administration, we will not tolerate the injustice handed out to upstanding members of our community. We will become unified behind a single postulate: that all forum members are created equal, with the exception of certain retards who will get permabans if they don't fucking cool it. I am the right man/machine/asian superhero for the job, and you all fucking know it. But don't take my word for it:

"ConcreteSchlyrd is the motherfucking man. Back when I was Sysop, we used to sit around by the pool in my palacial mansion and talk about everything. He's truly a renaissance man: versed in all areas, from the best way to attack a spider cram, to how many dead babies it takes to start a proper signal fire. I swear he's some kind of superhero. Oh, he's is? And asian too? Fuck me. Give this guy another medal."

-Morris, TW Sysop 2003-2004

"I got banned from the TW forums for doing stupid shit. I mean, come on... I'm like Trench Wars' James Dean, for the love of christ! The goddamn TW Dean Martin! The epitome of internet cool! Someone please validate my narcissicism!? PLEASE!?!"

- Izor, current resident forum asshole

"ConcreteSchlyrd? No sir, haven't seen 'im in years. A few years back, a man who once introduced himself by that name, shuffled into town, surrounded by a shimmerin' twinkle of light, and began to sing. Immediate'lah, the birds joined in his chorus, and the sun poked through the bleak grey clouds of that winter's day. All the townsfolk emerged from their houses and silently gathered 'round the young man who now radiated a light the color of fresh honey. Their voices joined with his, and all the heavens and earth was enveloped in this peaceful happiness. Flowers bloomed, the brisk air became sweetly sharp, and for once in this brief lifetime ev'ry man gots, everyone present felt what it was truly like to be alive and to live in harmony with his neighbors and mother Earth. As quickly as it began, the young man's voice faded from the crowd. With ev'ry child, ev'ry man, ev'ry woman... heck, ev'ry livin' thing raisin' their song, the man grabbed his knapsack and walked straight out of town. Saved the soul of this simple town. Yessir. That was truly to see God, this young man."

- "Old Timey" Kevin McOldtimer, Town Historian, Bell Buckle, TN
      Last edited by ConcreteSchlyrd; 10-08-2006, 09:27 PM.

Comment

So friends, join me in the halls of justice (I'll be the one chilling in the corner with Batman and Aquaman, showin' Wonder Woman my sweet new platinum chain). Raise your voices with mine in unison, and together we can make it happen!

Last edited by ConcreteSchlyrd; 10-08-2006, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I nominate Jesus for mod.

Comment

Hey, maybe if we revive a bunch of old threads, people will listen to us too!
            Originally posted by Jeenyuss
            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
              Let the revial begin!
              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
                I wish you wouldn't. That'll be a pain for Nailed to deal with, and is likely to only stir up punishment against yourselves.
                "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

I have more than enough intelligence to realize that being harshly reactive wouldn't help anything.

I was trying to be funny.
                  sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                    With these grave times in mind, it is with the greatest pride and honor that I am formally entering the race for Forum Admin 2006.
                    You got my vote, unless me saying so hampers you in the polls, in which case:
                    Fuck No I won't vote for that hack Conc. He eats babies.

P.S.: Can I be on Pallies yet?
                    "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Soldier View Post
                      I'm sure DangerGirl already has an idea who to hire. This thread is really you trying to draw attention to yourself and Sarien and cause people to post about rehiring Sarien.. IMO that won't work.
                      Who is this Dangergirl people keep talking about? Until she broke the forums a few weeks ago I had never known she existed. And where the fuck are the avatars?

Considering her track record, I really don't think she should be in the position of making any relevant decisions anymore. Sorry, but that cunny lost my confidence.

Zeus, why hast thou forsaken us?!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien View Post
                        P.S.: Can I be on Pallies yet?
                        Oh I knew it. Just biiiding your time until a better offer comes along! I see how it is! I always knew it.. damn ingrate!

Comment

conc that was awesome.

Comment

Wait, Conc isn't an Admin? What the fuck? Who the fuck is DangerGirl then and how did she get Admin before he did?

Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Subjugation View Post
                              Who is this Dangergirl people keep talking about? Until she broke the forums a few weeks ago I had never known she existed. And where the fuck are the avatars?

Considering her track record, I really don't think she should be in the position of making any relevant decisions anymore. Sorry, but that cunny lost my confidence.

Zeus, why hast thou forsaken us?!
                              The first time the avatars and emails and everything under the sun effed up was because Dock moved the forum. And now they're effed up because he upgraded the forum. But we did post plenty of warning before the forum upgrade, in both the official News forum and in the global annoucements. Now, if this issue was a simple forum setting one of the admins, including Zeus, would have fixed it by now. We're not all just sitting here laughing at the frustration of the community, we're frustrated as well. Dock needs to address it, and that, ultimately, is what we're all waiting on.
                              DoCk>> im king of tw, i grant all twers permission to fornicate
                              DoCk>> there's sucking up going on? i want in on it too :P

Comment

First off, Conc that was awesome.

Secondly, DTF I think Conc has been out of the forum politics and staff for at least a year now, if not two. Like J=T though, I didn't know who Dangergirl was until the forums broke.
                                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X