No announcement yet.

Just how stupid can school be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the only reason you are keeping her home is to force your views of god down her throat, once you are convinced that she in convinced that your views on god and religion are the only possible right ones and her opinion couldn't possibly change, you well let her free in society because you'll know for sure that the way you see god and religion will stick with her forever no matter what kind of people she meets.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Going back to the school subject for a second. I've been a teacher the last year, and from an educational standpoint... yeah most elementary,middleschool teachers are kinda dumbasses. But if you have a good highschool, the teachers there can probably do a better job than you at the subject. That's not really the issue, just thought I'd mention that.

I know a lot of kids don't like highschool but personally I loved it and your daughter might really enjoy it too. My roommates are a guy I met in 1st grade and a guy I met in 7th grade. Does your daughter have friends, does she do more when she's not at camp than just play on the computer? I doubt anyone will convince you not to homeschool her, but hopefully you're doing your best to get her involved in sports and other activities to have plenty of social interaction. Of course these activities are normally the kind of things you get involved in if you go to school, and a big thing she'll be missing out on if she never goes to school.

I understand, although I don't agree with, your religious reasons for not having her taught material you don't agree with. But why not let her go to school and also teach her religion and such at home? Eventually she's probably going to go to college, and you won't be able to control what she's learning. She should start making her own decisions on what to believe and what not to believe now.

Edit: I guess by the time I posted this you mentioned that you might not homeschool her at a highschool level, which I think is a good choice. Just be aware it can be really hard to adjust. Our school has a kid now that was home schooled that tried to go to highschool but couldn't adjust to it and dropped out to go back to home schooling. Highschool is a lot easier if you make friends in the earlier years and have friends going into it.

Comment

all I have to say to this is:
        Compulsory education
        Originally posted by Tyson
        There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
        Originally posted by HeavenSent
        Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
        Originally posted by Izor
        Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
          Guys honestly I think we should just stop replying to Heavensent. He's probably having a big laugh right now.
          After reading your post i got a big laugh
          Some examples of large discrepancies:

1) Apperently being an 'army brat' and having to go to a new school all the time and adjust made Heavensent very adjusted. Apperently this is DIRECTLY ANALOGOUS to having a daughter who only gets taught by mommy and daddy, and only know the few people living next door and the people at Jesus camp who all think EXACTLY THE SAME WAY, and thus this daughter never has to adjust. See the huge logically fallacy in his argument?
          Her summercamp is with the 'Secular' Park District.

2) Apperently education is a pillar of Satan or something. Well then, why is the daughter being educated at all?!? Heavensent admits that he did not write the education materials, they were sent to him. By... oh I dunno people who might know a thing or two about education (and possibly might have at least went to school?). So by educating his child beyond stuff like 'this is how you use a toilet', Heavensent is actually propagating more of Satan's powers willingly.
          The studies are basic & where possible, centered around using the Bible.

3) Apperently Satan is behind the economy too. I hope Heavensent doesn't have a job... I really don't. Maybe it's the usuary laws he doesn't like. I wonder if he has a bank account
          I have to hold my families weight in this world. The Lord provides opportunity

4) Apperently the Hebrews now travelled to North America and met the Mayans? Okay this is VERY VERY obviously a fabrication. Absolutely no one in their right minds could believe this crap. He is very obviously making it up. No one can be this stupid and this removed from reality.
          Did I say they met the Mayans? I don't think so. It's my belief that in the explorations, some got lost & some got dumped. The Cannanites worked for the Hebrews at the time... those that got dumped became the Mayans. Just as many of the Native American tribes were Hebrew explorers that got disconnected with Europe.
          http://www.indiana.edu/~arch/saa/mat...web/mod16.html
          http://ftp.wi.net/~maracon/lesson9.html

Comment

You keep talking about Jesus and then only quoting the Old Testament. What the hell, man? The new version of the Bible has been out for almost 2000 years, you should upgrade and stop using the old one.
            USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
              So the only reason you are keeping her home is to force your views of god down her throat, once you are convinced that she in convinced that your views on god and religion are the only possible right ones and her opinion couldn't possibly change, you well let her free in society because you'll know for sure that the way you see god and religion will stick with her forever no matter what kind of people she meets.
              No. As far as my input goes to her spiritual education is that I try to teach her if what's being said makes sense. Like, how come some religions have purgatory when Jesus told the thief on the cross, "Today you will be with me in paradise." ..And why is there a confessional when God knows our heart? I'm teaching her to question authority. To question people who claim to say, 'this is what the bible says..' or 'This man is a priest of 20 years, he knows..' Remember, religion is also one of the four hidden dominions... and that includes Christianity. If Jesus were not crucified, religion would have ceased to exist. It was the priests that had Him killed. They were afraid for their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt View Post
                You keep talking about Jesus and then only quoting the Old Testament. What the hell, man? The new version of the Bible has been out for almost 2000 years, you should upgrade and stop using the old one.
                Together, it's a complete story. Jesus is the Old Testament made flesh.. He is The Word. (OT) One cannot begin to understand God without understanding both Old & New & how they compliment each other.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavenSent View Post
                  I'm teaching her to question authority. To question people who claim to say, 'this is what the bible says..'
                  Ezek:28:9: Will you yet say before him that slays you, I am God? but you will be a man, and not God, in the hand of him that slays you.
                  For the king had at sea a navy of Tharshish with the navy of Hiram: once in three years came the navy of Tharshish, bringing gold, and silver, ivory, and apes, and peacocks. (1Kings 10:22) It's also the very same time the Mayan civilization started.
                  3) Deut:4:29: But if you will from now on seek the LORD your God, you will find him, if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.
                  So you teach her to question what you teach her?
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider View Post
                    all I have to say to this is:
                    Compulsory education
                    Life is a Compulsory education

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                      So you teach her to question what you teach her?
                      Makes sense don't it?

Comment

You're an ignoramus talking out of your ass.
                        2)Your Ego has you confused.

In the name of your Lord, be respectfull to other believes. Get over your own pride and ask me for forgiveness.

Hypocryte.

Comment

God I love these threads, gotta say there's nothing like an argument with ignorance and shameless pride represented at both sides and no one backing out.
                          Got to respect HeavenSent for making this happen.
                          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

svdsfdsfdsfdsfdsfd
                            Originally posted by Tyson
                            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                            Originally posted by Izor
                            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

I respect people who are not religious. I respect people who are religious but don't quote the bible every 10 fucking seconds and draw attention to the fact that they're religious.

I DO NOT RESPECT BIBLE BASHERS
                              SHUT THE FUCK UP HEAVENSENT, ENJOY YOUR FUCKED UP BIBLE BASHING HEAD WITH YOUR SOON TO-BE FUCKED UP DAUGHTER.

Have a nice day.

Comment

WWHD?

what would heavensent do
                                >o-/\/\mmmmmmmmmm/-<o<<-<

Comment

Working...
                                X