Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
    I wanna see more of Tom Zarak, especally if he's the Cylon = $$
    Same, there's too many characters that need to be developed further. When I said Tom Zerik's character isn't important enough to be a cylon I meant currently, but they might be able to build a story arch in which he becomes much more important, which I see them doing with Lee.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• Originally posted by Cops View Post
      I think kara is special but not cylon special.
      Harbinger of death special according to the cylon "God"

Originally posted by Cops View Post
      1) It would completly flip the show on its head if Balter turned out to be the dying leader - 6 refered to Balter as such
      I've always loved fictional characters with flaws and Baltar has got to be one of the most flawed characters in the history of television. If his character actually believes what he is preaching (I'm not convinced yet) I can see him sacrificing himself to save the human race, which he very nearly destroyed. Bringing redemption to Baltar would be an amazing accomplishment.

Originally posted by Cops View Post
      2) Making Balter a cylon goes against the principles of the show, which are to highlight the fact that Balter always gets shit on, regardless if he deserves it or not, plus making him a cylon is too obvious.
      Baltar doesn't really get shit on so much as he is constantly manipulated. There is obviously someone/thing pulling strings of it all. The "imaginary" voices working to guide both Baltar and one of the 6's. The random meeting between the cylon and human fleet at the planet with the dying star was a one in a million chance.

"All of this has happened before and all of it will happen again". This phrase has to tie into how the finale plays out. Do they find Earth in our current point of history, thousands of years ago, thousands of years in the future? Will something happen to trigger the cycle all over again? ie settlement on Earth, dispersal into the 13 colonies etc...

Comment

• or the cylons find earth first, and it's our earth, and it turns out were all cylons. I could see something like that, though i'm not sure i'd like it.
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickname View Post
          or the cylons find earth first, and it's our earth, and it turns out were all cylons. I could see something like that, though i'm not sure i'd like it.
          planet of the apes, worst ending everrr.
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

or the cylons find earth first, and it's our earth, and it turns out were all cylons. I could see something like that, though i'm not sure i'd like it.
            That's definitely an interesting idea, but I don't think it would sit well with me either.

Have they ever mentioned why Earth was abandoned and whether it was abandoned by everyone living on it? If Earth suffered a similar history of creating cylons only to have war break out, it would explain their need to leave and colonize elsewhere. That would also give a premise for your theory and for the phrase "all of this has happened before and all of it will happen again".

Series finales usually leave a bad taste in my mouth (Star Trek Next Generation being a strong exception), but the series is ending on the creators terms and not the studio's so I'm expecting to be blown away.

Comment

• As a viewer them finding earth deserted because this happened to earth before would be a lot cooler than them arriving in 2001. I'll also send hate mail if they pull a planet of the apes ending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric is God View Post
                That's definitely an interesting idea, but I don't think it would sit well with me either.

Have they ever mentioned why Earth was abandoned and whether it was abandoned by everyone living on it? If Earth suffered a similar history of creating cylons only to have war break out, it would explain their need to leave and colonize elsewhere. That would also give a premise for your theory and for the phrase "all of this has happened before and all of it will happen again".

Series finales usually leave a bad taste in my mouth (Star Trek Next Generation being a strong exception), but the series is ending on the creators terms and not the studio's so I'm expecting to be blown away.
                Babylon 5 had a great series ending. Trumps all.

All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

• Babylon 5 had a great story arch, they knew exactly what was going to happen three seasons before it even happened. At some point you can't just bullshit your way into new stories (cough, lost).

If I'll remember lost for anything it's that it created an amazing show the first two seasons and didn't even know what direction to take the show in. BSG has great writers so I doubt they'll end on a bad note. It's too bad it has to end, it's really quite good.

Comment

Babylon 5 had a great series ending. Trumps all.
                    I was a huge Babylon 5 fan, but after Sheridan became president the show went downhill. I don't even remember how the series actually ended because there were so many episodes that took place in the future. I don't remember the exact season #'s (2-4 I think), but the seasons with Sheridan in command of Babylon 5 were some of the best science fiction TV in history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cops View Post
                      Babylon 5 had a great story arch, they knew exactly what was going to happen three seasons before it even happened. At some point you can't just bullshit your way into new stories (cough, lost).

If I'll remember lost for anything it's that it created an amazing show the first two seasons and didn't even know what direction to take the show in. BSG has great writers so I doubt they'll end on a bad note. It's too bad it has to end, it's really quite good.
                      The episode when they first visited Babylon 4 was a great example of this. Including a minor, but intriguing, plot detail (guy in spacesuit phasing in and out) that would be completely explained 2-3 season later.

By the way, the current season of Lost has actually been pretty good and the creators have promised that everything will be fully answered by the time the series ends next season. If you stopped watching it because of the completely disjointed plot, I'd recommend you give it another chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric is God View Post
                        I was a huge Babylon 5 fan, but after Sheridan became president the show went downhill. I don't even remember how the series actually ended because there were so many episodes that took place in the future. I don't remember the exact season #'s (2-4 I think), but the seasons with Sheridan in command of Babylon 5 were some of the best science fiction TV in history.
                        season 2 -4 were by far the best, and the show peaked with the retaking of Earth, no question. After that the show really spund ownhill until the Centauri war, where for me it kicked into gear again. the episode 'The fall of Centauri Prime' was amazing, and the part where Londo walks to his inauguration covered in white, with no sound but the bell tolling for the dead, with debris everywhere, is one of the shots that will always live on for me for the series.

The babylon 5 ending is the 'Last Supper' with Sheridan. He then wakes up early and goes 'for a sunday drive' to B5, and then to see Loreen. After Sheridan disappears, B5 is destroyed.

Comment

• Babylon 5 moved to another network in season 5. It wasn't as good as 1-4. The telepath plot was just terrible and the galactic conflict the show thrived on throughout seasons 1-4 was gone. Only the Centauri conflict got things going in the second half. The attack on shipping lines also boring, dragged on for too long.

Sheridan was in command from season 2-4. Season 5 Lochley took over as Captain of B5. I don't think it was said directly on the show but I think Straczynski was going in the direction that Sheridan didn't die, that he joined with the first ones beyond the galactic ring. The lost tales movie has a better demolition sequence in the opening when it is destroyed in 2281.
                          Last edited by Kolar; 05-04-2008, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• ITT: discussion on the most boring shows on television!

Comment

season 2 -4 were by far the best, and the show peaked with the retaking of Earth, no question. After that the show really spund ownhill until the Centauri war, where for me it kicked into gear again. the episode 'The fall of Centauri Prime' was amazing, and the part where Londo walks to his inauguration covered in white, with no sound but the bell tolling for the dead, with debris everywhere, is one of the shots that will always live on for me for the series.

The babylon 5 ending is the 'Last Supper' with Sheridan. He then wakes up early and goes 'for a sunday drive' to B5, and then to see Loreen. After Sheridan disappears, B5 is destroyed.
                              I thought that was the last episode but wasn't sure. Now that you reminded me, the Centauri war was cool and Londo was always my favorite character throughout the series (obviously because of all his flaws ). For some reason I thought there were 6 seasons. I'll have to bug my friend to let me borrow the series on DVD now that I've been reminded how good it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
                                ITT: discussion on the most boring shows on television!
                                I'm sorry everything can't be produced with the same quality "A Shot At Love With Tila Tequila". If you don't like it, that's fine. I'm sure there are more entertaining things you could be watching instead of posting on a topic you have no interest in.

Comment

Working...
                                X