ITT: Religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blueblaze View Post
    What's the point? The point is God created everything, and if you take that away from God and take it away from His Word, you deny the whole Bible including the work of Jesus Christ. God personally created everything (not by lengthy periods of time), and if you take away from God, He is takes it personally in which you are offending Him and His work.
    But.. I do deny the whole bible including the work of Jesus Christ.. is God mad at me now?
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

• Read the Bible Literally:
      2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

When this was written, Paul was referring to both the Old and New Testament, because the New Testament churches only had the Old Testament until around 60 A.D. where other manuscripts by Paul and Luke were being published. The Old Testament is in NO way any less of Scripture then the New Testament. The New Testament is simply the completion and fulfilling of the Old Testament, not doing away with it.
      Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

God supernaturally has preserved the Bible, so that what we have today, is the Word of God, and is absolutely accurate for use in our lives. God miraculously inspired word for word, the original manuscripts of the Bible, not the King James Verison or any other verison. The translations are not inspired, but any accurate translation of godly men with godly motives will translate the inspired Word into what we can use, which is in any way no less active in our life. The King James Verison was done by godly men, accurate men who were some of the best translators accessible, done for a godly purpose. These men earnestly and diligently sought for the accuracy of the King James Verison, and revised it when inaccuracies were revealed. After several revisions of the KJV, the verison we have today is still the Word of God, yet it is in my opinion the best verison we can use. When you get into other versions, some may be good some may be bad, its important to look at who translated, were they good godly men of sound doctrine, and did they already believe in the literal translation of the Bible. When you get away from those two keys, the new versions of the Bible end up becoming man's interpretations rather than the Word of God. The KJV is not the only acceptable verison, but I believe it is the best English verison we have, and as well, preachers and pastors particularly, should learn Greek (and Hebrew) so that they may be able to divide and understand the text with a greater power and level.

Inspiration occurred in the original manuscripts, but God preserved the Bible so that we may have it today. This is what Christ means in Matthew 5:18;
      Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

The Bible is not completely fulfilled, as we still await Christ's rapture, return, and reign. Thus, this Word shall be preserved at least until that day. God's divine true preservation of the Word is evident, as there are about 5,000 ancient manuscripts of the New Testament, and 20,000 ancient manuscripts of the Bible. Part of the Bible has been translated into over 2,000 languages, and I believe over 200 languages can boast a complete New Testament. No other book can come close in ANY aspect, whether its ancient manuscripts or translation, the Bible is obviously providentially preserved by God. His Word truly will not pass away until all of the law is fulfilled.
      May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

• I believe in god, but in my own way, I don't go to church for instance, because most of the people there are only there so they don't go to hell, and I don't think hell should be your only reason for believing in god, because thats like blackmail, and god is perfect and far beyond blackmailing people.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueblaze View Post
          What's the point? The point is God created everything, and if you take that away from God and take it away from His Word, you deny the whole Bible including the work of Jesus Christ. God personally created everything (not by lengthy periods of time), and if you take away from God, He is takes it personally in which you are offending Him and His work.
          Mr. Blueblaze,
          I'm quite familiar with creationism. So please stop regurgitating the shit you've learned in Sunday school. You can preach this all you want, but have you considered how this will affect anyone who isn't as adamant as you are? Is this topic even practical here when not everyone considers Christ their personal Lord and Savior? Please, have some tact.

Originally posted by Blueblaze View Post
          Matthew 5:13-16 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if salt have lost ihis savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Salt irritates and Christians are to be the salt of the earth. We are to irritate the unsaved, that they either hate us with a passion, or they see what we see, and come to Christ. There is no luke-warmness, no compromise in Christ. Jesus Christ never changes, its our sinful hearts that can change either to Him, or back to the world. I urge you, open your eyes, and embrace the work of Jesus Christ, deny and forsake the way of this world, and look to the Savior for all. Forsake the comfort of the world, and take on the passion of the cross. You get once chance on earth, don't waste it in the world, but spend every breath living and dying for the Savior.
          Again with the regurgitation. Perhaps I should urge you to keep one of His greatest commandments: to love each other. I don't think He said "love each other IF..." maybe this is where we differ. God doesn't want me to forsake the world for personal righteousness. Again, you preach but offer no practical application.

James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

If Christ is not your center, your focus, and your reason for every being, then your a dead stumbling block in the will of God. If this is true, then get moving, get your hands on something and get to work for the Savior.
          Yes that's precisely what I meant. That Christ is not my center and I needed you to push me in the right direction. Get off your high horse. The work for the Savior isn't on a fucking pedestal of moral righteousness.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Forsake your friendship with the world, take up the cross and crucify your fleshly nature for the Savior.
          [/QUOTE]

God wouldn't ask me to forsake the people of the world. It's quite the contrary. Take up your cross and minister to the people in need. You haven't done that in the slightest. All you've successfully done so far is practice partisan dribble and polarize the issue
          TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
          TelCat> hoes get paid :(
          TelCat> i dont

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
            I believe in god, but in my own way, I don't go to church for instance, because most of the people there are only there so they don't go to hell, and I don't think hell should be your only reason for believing in god, because thats like blackmail, and god is perfect and far beyond blackmailing people.
            Amen brother! God is not a sadist, especially on His own kids.... Especially when in His Word it is written.. All is vanity, all is meaningless. The bible is written to a family, not the whole world. God is calling the lost sheep back to Him. If others want to claim Him as their God, that's quite alright with Him.
            Hell is nothing like tradition teaches... The word Hell is three different words in the bible. Sheol: is the grave.. where your physical body rots and is absorbed back into the ground. Gehenna: The local trash heap that's burned. & Tartarus: Prison specifically & exclusively made for the rebellious angels. Not humans who were never certain if God really did exist... i.e. athiests etc.
            The hell as we understand it comes from the pagans worship of Moloch.. Where parents would sacrifice their kids into the bonfire.

Comment

• i got tired of reading bible quotes so i skipped a bunch....

buuuutttttt here we go! god = made up by man as a way of informal social control. your "God" was used to enslave lower class people and allow them to like it while also at the same time keep the high class, kings lords and etc, in powers. that is the truth of your god.

and dont quote me things written by people who then claim its true because it is. thats just like me saying there is no gravity because i said so. you have to have faith! :+) stupid ignorant bastard

P.S. Use the brain "God" gave you, maybe you will see the hypocrisy(sp?) of christianity!
              (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
              (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
              (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
              (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
              (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

• I find it quite amusing, that some people take an old story-book this seriously.

As for the original question, we do not know. Space, as we call it, probably existed before big bang in a way or another.

Comment

• two words

South Park.

Comment

• I believe I shall light the path for all those that wallow in darkness on this forum

For I am my brother's keeper

Fear not forum-goers, I am here

I am not your saviour, or your shepherd

but I'm the guy that will guide you all the same
                    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

• God is real.
                      I've met Him.
                      He's my best friend... I've never been alone since I've met Him.
                      As my friend, when I read His Word, He makes the words come alive off the page.. as if i'm reading a story about my very own family...(which I am).
                      Just because you've never met Him doesn't mean He doesn't exist. You're not buddies with everyone on the planet are you? Neither is God, as much as He's like to be, but some people are rude and disrespectful to Him. So why should He introduce Himself to them? They're too high on self to look beyond self and see God.

Comment

• Nothingness, something which the human brain isn't able to comprehend
                        Originally posted by Facetious
                        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                          Pre-Big Bang?

There's no scientific proof to say what it was like. Most likely just how space is now, just minus the "life" aspect.
                          Negative. The Big Bang created space.
                          Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

• Then, what was pre-big bang, in your opinion?
                            DELETED

Comment

• Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                              Then, what was pre-big bang, in your opinion?
                              Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                              Nothingness, something which the human brain isn't able to comprehend
                              I'd agree with that, I guess. It's pretty much impossible for us to know right now.

Also keep in mind that it can be argued that our Universe's net energy is still zero (quantum mechanics allows violations of the law of conservation of energy, which could have provided the initial energy needed to initiate the Big Bang, if I remember correctly).
                              Last edited by Saturn V; 01-13-2007, 05:30 PM.
                              Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saturn V View Post
                                I'd agree with that, I guess. It's pretty much impossible for us to know right now.
                                Well, there is something you can know, you can know God, that He created everything, not by chance, randomness, or a bang, but by the spoken Word of God. We are all created by Him, for Him, and without Him, we have no existence. This is why we are in debt to God, and anything less than our life dedicated for Him is sin.
                                John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
                                1 Corinthians 1:19-20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
                                May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

Working...
                                X