No announcement yet.

ITT: Religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do these faggot threads keep being made? Each new religious thread made adds +1 to my angry metre!

Comment

We get it, you're a troll. Now kindly shut the fuck up.
      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

GOD STFU ALL U'VE BEEN DOING ON THESE FORUMS IS POSTING SHIT ABOUT JESUS. JUST CUZ U SUCK AT SUBSPACE DOESNT MEAN U HAVE TO INVADE THE FORUMS AND ATTACK OTHER PEOPLE'S BELIEFS.
        9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

Originally posted by RednaZ View Post
          I find it quoteworthy that you made a mistake in a post that was outlining another mistake in a post that was outlining a mistake!
          I bet rednaz checked this post 6 times for mistakes before submitting it.

Comment

Sycophant times thirty three
            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

this thread is balls and blueblaze doesn't bring anything fresh to the table.
              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

7!
                "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

This never really had a chance, I see 3 serious on-topic replies.

Useless Crap

Comment

Then your hopes are too high for this thread aqua.

Comment

If only you could somehow surprise God.

Ever try hiding around the corner?
                      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                      TelCat> i dont

Comment

Sounds like copypaste to me.
                        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                        There wont be another election for president.
                        Obama is the Omega President.
                        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

This is from the bible:

Thou shalt not troll.
                          Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt View Post
                            Well first of all I pretty much disregard most of the Old Testament. Testament roughly means 'covenant' or 'contract' and since a new one was drawn up I don't see a whole lot of point to the old one since it was mostly just setup anyways. Then you just have to remember that Jesus spoke in parables and the problem of literal interpretation goes away.
                            The bible can be read on many levels. The Old & New together makes a complete story. The bible is like an onion skin. You can read it for its surface content, or you can be more ambitious and learn the meaning of the names used in the stories and get another perspective of the situation. Or you can find deeper meanings when you discover the hidden acrostics and their mesages. Or you can study the numbers used and the context they're used in and find a pattern with similar numbers.. then discover the symbolisms of those numbers... then apply those symbolisms with the amount of times a specific word might be used in a story or scene. With that last one, you'd also have to make sure the same word used every time is the same Hebrew or Greek word used. Sometimes the same English word is used for different Hebrew or Greek words. Like the word 'Jew', it could refer to race, religion or residence.
                            Also, since about 500 BC. The scribes invented a method to insure consistancy with each copy. It's called the Massorah and it's basically a template for the scribes to follow. This is the reason why there's really no deviations from todays text compared to the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                              According to my new religion, everyone who didn't drink a beer today is going to hell.
                              can i join?
                              Throughout time, there’s been
                              crimes, throughout our history
                              But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
                              Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
                              Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
                              Come on and take a stand
                              Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
                              and all the kids are running
                              from London to Manchester
                              cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

Originally posted by HeavenSent View Post
                                The bible can be read on many levels. The Old & New together makes a complete story. The bible is like an onion skin. You can read it for its surface content, or you can be more ambitious and learn the meaning of the names used in the stories and get another perspective of the situation. Or you can find deeper meanings when you discover the hidden acrostics and their mesages. Or you can study the numbers used and the context they're used in and find a pattern with similar numbers.. then discover the symbolisms of those numbers... then apply those symbolisms with the amount of times a specific word might be used in a story or scene. With that last one, you'd also have to make sure the same word used every time is the same Hebrew or Greek word used. Sometimes the same English word is used for different Hebrew or Greek words. Like the word 'Jew', it could refer to race, religion or residence.
                                Also, since about 500 BC. The scribes invented a method to insure consistancy with each copy. It's called the Massorah and it's basically a template for the scribes to follow. This is the reason why there's really no deviations from todays text compared to the Dead Sea Scrolls.
                                Around the 1500's big changes happened. First printing presses, as opposed to having to hand write everything, brought books to 'common' people. Second, the Church had a big change in direction by finally 'allowing' common people to read their own bibles. Previously, the bible was kept in latin and meant only to be read/translated to 'common' people by chuch officals.

At that time my undertsanding was that the Church decided to use many old English (Thee, Thou) type words because they felt it maintained a historical feel to the text.

And of course it was MAN who not only wrote the books of the bible but many decision were made as to which things belonged in it and which things did not.
                                So given that the bible is clearly a 'human thing', and we all know that humans sin and make lots of mistakes, how can anyone be so sure that we got it right?

Comment

Working...
                                X