Playing subspace incognito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
    Taken the piss out of them for what? Playing a computer game? What kind of dumbshit luddite friends do you have?
    The type of friends that don't know what "luddite" means. And they certainly would not understand subspace. It was the same with WoW, I told people I had a girlfriend that went to a different school that demanded a lot of my time. Weak, yes, but high school politics are ruthless. Although up here I met a mechanical engineering model who spent roughly five hours a day counterstriking (and she tried explaining the ranking system, which I figured I'd understand, having played games before, but it was beyond me). I tried showing her subspace and I never heard from her again, so case in point.
    Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
    i just wish it was longer
    Originally posted by Cops
    it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

about two years ago, i had a roommate who would play counter-strike with me for upwards of 8 hour stretches, and yet when i would play subspace, he'd ridicule the living shit out of me. never understood it.

anyway, i don't hide anything about myself. this philosophy applies to all aspects of my life.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

My housemates at Uni know (and don't care) that I play this game. I don't think they know I am a moderator though. My friends from home don't know I play it. If they asked I doubt I'd lie, but they're not really the computer type so I dunno if they'd care or not.
        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
        ---A few minutes later---
        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
        9:Kim> UM
        9:Kim> i didn't
        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Cylor View Post
          The type of friends that don't know what "luddite" means. And they certainly would not understand subspace. It was the same with WoW, I told people I had a girlfriend that went to a different school that demanded a lot of my time. Weak, yes, but high school politics are ruthless. Although up here I met a mechanical engineering model who spent roughly five hours a day counterstriking (and she tried explaining the ranking system, which I figured I'd understand, having played games before, but it was beyond me). I tried showing her subspace and I never heard from her again, so case in point.
          Maybe you got her addicted to ss so she doesnt have time for anything anymore :O
          9:Basti> any1 want pw for squad BlowJob?
          9:Inaphyt> no basti i want you to give me the password to your room so you can give me a blowjob
          9:Basti> sure
          9:Basti> we can take a basing duel in my bed
          9:Inaphyt> hahahaha
          9:Basti> i'll score
          9:Basti> i'll ride my ship into ur cram
          9:Basti> and take the flag
          9:Inaphyt> ROFL
          9:Basti> and finally lay a mine there

Comment

heh, Finland and the other Nordic countries are great in a way. using computers, gaming, etc. is not considered geeky anymore. It was considered geeky in my early childhood but lately, the internet is full of all the 'cool' teenage girls. I'd imagine this is the same in much of Europe and in Japan as well. Judging by the way people here are talking, I'm lead to think it's not so in the US?
            jee

Comment

Originally posted by Blood View Post
              heh, Finland and the other Nordic countries are great in a way. using computers, gaming, etc. is not considered geeky anymore. It was considered geeky in my early childhood but lately, the internet is full of all the 'cool' teenage girls. I'd imagine this is the same in much of Europe and in Japan as well. Judging by the way people here are talking, I'm lead to think it's not so in the US?
              we actually like to play sports
              I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
              I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                we actually like to play sports
                from what I hear you like to be the most obese nation on earth as well
                jee

Comment

pretty much everyone uses the internet, but not in the way you're talking about if you're comparing europe's usage now to asia's, which is just scary. Pretty soon you'll have babies dying because their parents were too busy playing starcraft for 48 hours straight
                  I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                  I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Oh well, the only thing I wanted to raise a point on was the development of social acceptance of hobbies related to computers in my home country. Neglecting real life because of gaming or the like is pretty terrifying.
                    jee

Comment

The US is more "cliquey" then other nations. There's no such thing as middle ground.

Either you only use your computer to check email, of you're a geek.
                      Either you don't care for sports, or you're a jock.
                      Either you fly a flag outside your house and vote republican or you're a terrorist sympathiser.
                      gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                      gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                      gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

My parents and brothers know about this game but no one else. A few times different friends caught me playing it and I lie and tell them I just downloaded some random game because I was bored and that I'm deleting it because it sucks. The worst was knowing nitti IRL, he'd come up to me in school and try to talk about shit happening in the game and I'd bug out and yell at him because I didnt want anyone to know how much of a closet nerd I am. And yea what Guru said is pretty much correct to a certain degree... I've been able to maintain my status as "I just use the computer to check my email" instead of being a gaming geek.
                        Dice
                        TWLB Champions Season 8
                        TWLJ Champions Season 8
                        TWLB Champions Season 10
                        TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

My dad will walk in my room sometimes and ask in disbelief: "You still play that game? Why do you like it so much??"

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation View Post
                            The US is more "cliquey" then other nations. There's no such thing as middle ground.

Either you fly a flag outside your house and vote republican or you're a terrorist sympathiser.
                            The ones and zeros of our binary world.
                            Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                            i just wish it was longer
                            Originally posted by Cops
                            it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

People know, never really occurred to me to hide it. Everyone does shit that's a stupid waste of time, I don't see how using a computer to waste my time is any more shameful than any other way. Very few of my other friends play anything online (a couple play WoW but that's it) but I've never gotten made fun of or anything, my friends just aren't concerned with mocking me for what I do with my free time I guess.
                              5:gen> man
                              5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious View Post
                                People know, never really occurred to me to hide it. Everyone does shit that's a stupid waste of time, I don't see how using a computer to waste my time is any more shameful than any other way. Very few of my other friends play anything online (a couple play WoW but that's it) but I've never gotten made fun of or anything, my friends just aren't concerned with mocking me for what I do with my free time I guess.
                                This.

Originally posted by GuruMeditation

Whatever. I don't really buy this assessment, but even so, the thing is it all blows over eventually. The kids who are 9, 10 years old right now know more about the internet intuitively than 99.999999% of even the most "wired" people that are my age. All of them, to the last boy/girl, are- at least in this respect- what would have been called a "nerd" only a few years ago.
                                Last edited by Vykromond; 06-04-2007, 12:45 PM.
                                Originally posted by Ward
                                OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Working...
                                X