Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing subspace incognito

So.
    I have been seal in this game for about 10 years.
    For at least 5 years, only my mother, my dad and my brother knew i played.
    Then, on a heavely influenced night i showed a friend this game. He made fun of the graphics and luckely he forgot. (but hey! 10 years back, the explotion graphics were pretty cool effects). That night confirmed why this was my game and why it was not to be shared.

Now... years after that, my gf would wonder alot what this weird noise out of the computer would be. I would quickly alt-tab and tell her she was losing it, then play muted :P Then after about...1...1.5 years ago she found out i play this game.

Tonight, even a worse thing happend. She saw me being active on this forum. So since then, all i hear is "such a computer geek, i knew it". "youre so much geekier than you think you are". "i dont have to worry about you snapping and go on a killing spree". "should i call you paul or seal, seal?". "seal, want some more drink?". etc. etc.

I know im pathedic, and i know you can put a whole personal analasy around this, lets not waste eithothers time. Its nothing more and nothing less that i simply have keep this game for myself.

But am i alone here? Are there more secret players? Did you, (former) secret players, got cought? Do you play other games? Visit other forums?

personally i only play one game (well that desktop tower defend is pretty awsome), trenchwars and only visit one forum, tw forum.

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=20314

Originally posted by SEAL View Post
    personally i only play one game (well that desktop tower defend is pretty awsome), trenchwars and only visit one forum, tw forum.
    Same for me, except I rarely do either anymore
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

oh i didnt know about that topic.

oh, i must add that definitely NOONE knows i actually "know" people online and chat with, in game, them about personal stuff :P

Comment

I'm pretty much the opposite. All of my friends and family, as well as my girlfriend, know of the game - that is, if they don't play themselves.

My parents used to be like "Come eat dinner, when you're done with that BD!"
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Why would I keep it a secret?

Usually when I say, "Just a minute," I'm asked if that means, "...a real minute or a Subspace minute?" The latter being close to an hour, of course.
          Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
            My parents used to be like "Come eat dinner, when you're done with that BD!"
            hahah

i introduced a few of my friends to it. this guy i used to know become completely obsessed with it, claiming he once played it for 24 hours straight. he also did a presentation on subspace in one of our ICT classes.

but it's not something i'd brag about playing (even though i seldom play anymore anyway)

Comment

It's funny, I'll tell people that I used to play Counter Strike, or they know I play Xbox 360 games like Gears of War or Burnout. But .... never this game, lol. And I'm definitely not gonna tell them any time soon.
              DELETED

Comment

I dont hide it. My roommate tries to make fun of me but then I point out all she does is play solitaire. ss>solitaire

Comment

Originally posted by SEAL View Post
                  So.
                  I have been seal in this game for about 10 years.
                  For at least 5 years, only my mother, my dad and my brother knew i played.
                  Then, on a heavely influenced night i showed a friend this game. He made fun of the graphics and luckely he forgot. (but hey! 10 years back, the explotion graphics were pretty cool effects). That night confirmed why this was my game and why it was not to be shared.

Now... years after that, my gf would wonder alot what this weird noise out of the computer would be. I would quickly alt-tab and tell her she was losing it, then play muted :P Then after about...1...1.5 years ago she found out i play this game.

Tonight, even a worse thing happend. She saw me being active on this forum. So since then, all i hear is "such a computer geek, i knew it". "youre so much geekier than you think you are". "i dont have to worry about you snapping and go on a killing spree". "should i call you paul or seal, seal?". "seal, want some more drink?". etc. etc.

I know im pathedic, and i know you can put a whole personal analasy around this, lets not waste eithothers time. Its nothing more and nothing less that i simply have keep this game for myself.

But am i alone here? Are there more secret players? Did you, (former) secret players, got cought? Do you play other games? Visit other forums?

wow.....if shes serious wow..im no geek irl but if im at home oh yea im on the computer 24/7 my wife is all preppy like shit and supposed to be a thug? so i hear LOL and yet im a computer nerd at home $

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                    wow.....if shes serious wow..im no geek irl but if im at home oh yea im on the computer 24/7 my wife is all preppy like shit and supposed to be a thug? so i hear LOL and yet im a computer nerd at home $
                    www.dictionary.com

Comment

I'm definitely an in-the-closet Trencher.

Comment

My girlfriend found out I played after about... 3 months or something. Now she actually asks "So are we going somewhere or do you have a league game on sunday?"

Not that I play THAT much.
                        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Didn't really care in high school, actually tried to find other people who would play with me, but don't actively play these days. But if I DO play, and my suitemates come in they're like wtf is this? Why are you playing a 2-D game like asteroids? And to avoid this I have to close the door when I play.
                          thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

In what situation do you have 'suitemates'? Do you quaff champage and laugh at poor people?

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!! View Post
                              In what situation do you have 'suitemates'? Do you quaff champage and laugh at poor people?
                              perhaps my favorite zeus post
                              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                              X