No announcement yet.

Hamas and Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Israel just bombed Egypt killing some civilians and destroying a few houses....
    Displaced> I get pussy every day
    Displaced> I'm rich
    Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
    Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
    Thors> prolly
    Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

• Originally posted by Nycle View Post
      Please don't portray the US being victimized into playing the world's super-cop, that's just not true. When was the last time the US ever listened to anyone on the area of foreign policy other than themselves? The truth is that the US has been one of the chief belligerents in any major war in the Middle-East in the past few decades, and with great power comes great responsibility and scrutiny. The Jewish lobby is big business in the US, so that's all the more reason for them to take action on this stage when no one else is willing or able to. But to portray that as somehow playing an unwilling super-cop for the rest of the "lazy/coward/undeveloped or whatever world" will only add to an arrogant view.
      I portray the U.S as being a nation that has made huge mistakes, however they have done a lot of good. I was making a point that nations and people have openly downplayed the American public as stupid, arrogant, and idiotic. So no wonder the American public, and American politicians don't give a fuck what other countries are saying to them right now, people want this to end but they're unwilling to send troops to hold Israel back from Palestinians. The majority of Democrats and Republican senators have already backed Israel through this whole entire shit-show.

Obviously America's support of the west is crucial enough for us to be allowed to live in our free societies, but then again why would you ever want to recognize something that they did for you. If European countries want to get in the middle of this then they will, but like I said your country will most likely sit back and follow America's lead. European nations will condemn the actions of Israel but their action stops there.

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
      The preferred 'Canadian' way for this to resolve is for the Palestinians to be allowed into the political process of Israel. By creating a ONE-STATE solution, where Palestinians are fully part of the political process. Obviously this will end the unique Jewishness of Israel, especially with demographics, and create a never ending political struggle of power between the two sides, but that would be preferable to fighting, and maybe some day an Arab administration of the state of Israel will recognize the 'distinct society' that the Jews represent or vice versa (depending on how demographics work out in the one-state solution). As a corollary to this, there would be no more squabbles to the 'right of return'. Because they are now one state, if Palestinians wanted to 'return' to their old homes, they would have to pay market rates for those homes. In the end money will talk, and people will accept that much more than force.
      Really because that's not my preferred Canadian way to resolve this, and I'm pretty sure I was born in Canada. Anyone who thinks that both states can live as one in peace is fucking retarded. Why in the world would Israel open its doors to more terrorist attacks in their country? Israelis and Palestinians will never co-exist together, one will probably die first. Why bring the fighting into the streets of Israel when they can keep it outside? I don't know a single country who would risk the stability of their country by allowing people into their country who wish to do them harm.

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
      Well you explicitly said that "I feel bad for the people of Gaza but some of you people forget that they elected Hamas, and they haven't been innocent in this whole fiasco", so I do think quite clearly that you're supporting one side. If not you would have mentioned, say that the Israelis have elected their governments for many years which have perused policies which have gotten many Palestinians mad at them in return.
      I do feel bad for the people living in Gaza but I also understand Israel's frustrations. I think I can understand both sides pain, frustration, loss, and still not agree with either side. I think this 'crisis', if you will has no end, thus why risk Canadian and American lives? Both camps want to shoot each others face off, so when the dusts settles and enough are dead maybe, maybe, they'll be prone to solve this diplomatically.

For now you can't force diplomacy on two countries who don't believe that it'll work. All you can do is use the UN, and American influence to tighten Israel's leash. But do I agree with putting foreign troops in the middle of this shit show? fuck no.

By the way, I'm so pro Israel I'm for a cease-fire and countries to enter a period of discussion and negotiation (even if I think it won't work).
      Last edited by Cops; 01-11-2009, 05:27 PM.
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• Originally posted by Cops View Post
        Really because that's not my preferred Canadian way to resolve this, and I'm pretty sure I was born in Canada. Anyone who thinks that both states can live as one in peace is fucking retarded. Why in the world would Israel open its doors to more terrorist attacks in their country? Israelis and Palestinians will never co-exist together, one will probably die first. Why bring the fighting into the streets of Israel when they can keep it outside? I don't know a single country who would risk the stability of their country by allowing people into their country who wish to do them harm.
        I say 'Canadian' because Canada's way is dialogue and for people to get along (see Quebec). If you truly think that there's no way that they can ever co-exist, then I don't see how a two-state solution could work either, with the Palestinians being split into two by Israel on either side.

My highlighted 'Canadian' option, is merely a long-term goal. Obviously no one is 'fucking retarded' enough (to use your words) to suddenly open the borders right now, and sing kumbaya and so on. That would be ridiculous. But it would be a goal to work towards. At some point, whether there is a one-state or a two-state solution, both sides will have to work together, will have borders open to travel, and will accept eachother's existence. It would not do Israel good to close off the West Bank and Gaza for all time and never talk to these people again, and it would merely just be another pretext for an outright war in the future.

If we take what you say to be true, that never, ever, ever will the two sides ever live together (which also implies side-by-side unless you think they will just build an even bigger wall and never talk to eachother even though they are neighbors) the 'horrible' option is really the ONLY way. Personally I'm more optimistic than that.

I think this 'crisis', if you will has no end, thus why risk Canadian and American lives? Both camps want to shoot each others face off, so when the dusts settles and enough are dead maybe, maybe, they'll be prone to solve this diplomatically.

For now you can't force diplomacy on two countries who don't believe that it'll work. All you can do is use the UN, and American influence to tighten Israel's leash. But do I agree with putting foreign troops in the middle of this shit show? fuck no.
        I dunno why you quoted me again, and then once again talked about intervention. I have not talked about intervention at all in this thread. STOP QUOTING ME and then talk about things that have nothing to do with what I've said.
        Last edited by Epinephrine; 01-11-2009, 05:38 PM.
        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
        www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
          I think the point of all this is, who fired on who first? If we believe Hamas fired first, which is a very good possibility considering they are an islamic terrorist group who are taught to hate Isreal, then why would the more powerful nation not retaliate?
          The problem is, it's not so easy to say who was first. Israel says Hamas started it, Hamas said Israel started it. In reality both sides are adding their own spin, and their own views into it, they may be both right from their own points of view. Really this is just a really big fight between the two groups, and it doens't help that the rest of the world butts into this. If Iran/Syria were not involved right now, and neither were the West, I would have a feeling that this would have been resolved faster. Everyone's using this conflict to further their own goals, which really is too bad.
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Shut up Cops, Epi is more right than you.
            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

• Originally posted by Cops View Post
              I portray the U.S as being a nation that has made huge mistakes, however they have done a lot of good. I was making a point that nations and people have openly downplayed the American public as stupid, arrogant, and idiotic. So no wonder the American public, and American politicians don't give a fuck what other countries are saying to them right now, people want this to end but they're unwilling to send troops to hold Israel back from Palestinians. The majority of Democrats and Republican senators have already backed Israel through this whole entire shit-show.
              Then why are you saying America is sick of playing the world's super-cop? It's as if the US is merely doing this to keep other nations 'safe' or whatever, when the real reason behind it is because they feel like it's in their best interest as well. You don't have to make it look as if the rest of the world is 'using' the US purely out of laziness or whatever, when the US is choosing to do what they do themselves.

Obviously America's support of the west is crucial enough for us to be allowed to live in our free societies, but then again why would you ever want to recognize something that they did for you.
              This is bullshit. I'd like to call myself one of the more pro-Americans even though I may not sound like that and I will recognize right now that the US has done a lot of good stuff, and my country would possibly not have been as free as it is today if it weren't for American (and in my country, Canadian as well) intervention during WW2. That, and a lot more. The thing is that all the good things are taken for granted and are easily 'forgotten' as such, it's a bitch but that's how it works, people will only stress the negative and wrong side. But don't think that people have completely forgotten about every good thing the US has done when they are, according to you, "downplaying the American public as stupid, arrogant, and idiotic."

If European countries want to get in the middle of this then they will, but like I said your country will most likely sit back and follow America's lead. European nations will condemn the actions of Israel but their action stops there.
              It's so easy to put this in a perspective of the 'hypocritical' European nations who talk a lot but do nothing. But you seem to forget that no single European country is powerful enough to get anything done in practice. It's not because they're not willing enough, for practical reasons they just can't intervene simply because they lack the strength and unification that the US possesses. Added to that, Israel would never accept European military intervention whereas the ties between the US and Israel are extremely strong and Israel is far more likely to accept what the US would advise them. To sum it up, no one is asking the US to do anything and no one can oblige them to do so, but realistically they're the only one that can put a stop to this sooner rather than later if they wanted to. Just make sure you don't turn it into the direction of "see, the US has to do all the work again when everyone does nothing and sits by".

Oh and specifically for my country; they're talking in parliament about setting up an EU-sponsored police force in the Gaza strip. This plan will surely fail, but it's worth mentioning in response to your prediction of us sitting back and following the lead of the US. [Edit] Source: http://uk.reuters.com/article/featur...s/idUKL7730370
              Last edited by Nycle; 01-11-2009, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Why does it always have to be about the US, they got nothing to do with this. They can't even afford to intervene in that region.

And Cops, the Netherlands actually choose not to condemn Israel, so what the fuck are you talking about Nycles country condemning Israel and doing nothing? I thought you were studying journalism, you claim to be more objective, and then you bring up that subjective shit as arguments.
                And we aren't aggressors, so we wouldn't just intervene unless Israel would stress us to. Like Epi said, unless there's no serious issues like extreme violence or genocide that needs to be addressed, there's no reason to intervene.
                Besides, we all know that Israel wouldn't ask for our help, mainly because they are militarily superior in the region, they don't need our help. They are dealing with the issue themselves as of now, and I don't think they want any extra close eyes on Gaza right now.
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

• Originally posted by Noah View Post
                  Snore, someone win already so my newspapers will have some more interesting things in it. Who cares about a war in Africa anyway?
                  And the award for the most ignorant-prolly asexual-i'm-a-dipshit-who-cares-about-anything-other-than-me person goes to.......

the above

Amazing how people like you can actually live in a modern society, then again, you could be one of those people who are bordering mentally retarded. I mean I haven't heard this much ignorance since ph's last post. I would not be suprised to find out you live in the TOWN OF ASKJ@KASF@@@ IN KOIKKELILIOKELIS, FINLAND.
                  4:BigKing> xD
                  4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                  4:BigKing> what did i do???
                  4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                  4:BigKing> ???? why though
                  4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

• Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
                    You call for the U.S. to get out and then say you want U.S. troops in????

Is it Iran that is sending the so-called rocks that they are throwing into Southern Israel? Damn nice rocks.

I don't want any U.S. troops involved in this. Let a country that is neutral to both sides go in...especially since the Arab nations hate the U.S.

[EDIT]: You know you get a lot more support from other nations when you have a product of export, such a agriculture or technologies. Having your number one export being a suicide bomber is not really in that much of demand. Is there absolutely no support from their so called fellow islamic nations, other than sending them parts for rockets to be smuggled into the country through tunnels? What about irrigation for farm lands? contractors to build hotels on the waterfront?
                    Wrong.

The U.S. is funding Israel's attack on the Palestinians, they are no longer attacking Hamas. 40% of casualties are women and children. That is for 3 hamas members killed 2 women or children are killed. What the fuck is that? Olmert is lobbying in U.S. for more support so they can launch a 3rd phase to the offensive. This is nearly as bad as the Russians invading Georgia. What can the Palestinians do? They formed Hamas on their own, as a retaliation for the U.S. giving Israel all these weapons to take their lands back.

Anybody who wants this over and done with know that the U.S. needs to take its hands off israel, I believe Hamas would tremendously ease up if the israelis werent RPGing women and children.

Obama needs to have discussions with the Hamas founder(Batawi) and ask him serious questions, i.e. WHY are they bombing in the first place? If it is in retalation let the Israelis know, so what? Encourage them to ease up. Have Olmert and Batawi meet, and agree on a ceasefire. Enough of these U.S. drawn up ceasefires. (warning, TW analogy) It's like Vys being smod and creating rules/punishments for cheaters. What the Fuck is that?

Comment

• lets take this time to ban paradise for a double post B)
                      4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                      4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                      4:Geio> DEEZ?
                      4:Geio> LOLOL
                      4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                      4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                      4:spirit> LOL
                      4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                      4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

• Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                        And the award for the most ignorant-prolly asexual-i'm-a-dipshit-who-cares-about-anything-other-than-me person goes to.......

the above

Amazing how people like you can actually live in a modern society, then again, you could be one of those people who are bordering mentally retarded. I mean I haven't heard this much ignorance since ph's last post. I would not be suprised to find out you live in the TOWN OF ASKJ@KASF@@@ IN KOIKKELILIOKELIS, FINLAND.
                        guess who was being facetious

hint- it's not me or you
                        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Wrong.

The U.S. is funding Israel's attack on the Palestinians, they are no longer attacking Hamas. 40% of casualties are women and children. That is for 3 hamas members killed 2 women or children are killed. What the fuck is that? Olmert is lobbying in U.S. for more support so they can launch a 3rd phase to the offensive. This is nearly as bad as the Russians invading Georgia. What can the Palestinians do? They formed Hamas on their own, as a retaliation for the U.S. giving Israel all these weapons to take their lands back.

Anybody who wants this over and done with know that the U.S. needs to take its hands off israel, I believe Hamas would tremendously ease up if the israelis werent RPGing women and children.

Obama needs to have discussions with the Hamas founder(Batawi) and ask him serious questions, i.e. WHY are they bombing in the first place? If it is in retalation let the Israelis know, so what? Encourage them to ease up. Have Olmert and Batawi meet, and agree on a ceasefire. Enough of these U.S. drawn up ceasefires. (warning, TW analogy) It's like Vys being smod and creating rules/punishments for cheaters. What the Fuck is that?
                          I take it that you do not support the war in Iraq then? What the F do you think the US has been doing there. If you support that illegal war, then you have contradicted yourself...but then again your from Ohio...what would anyone expect.
                          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

• Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
                            I take it that you do not support the war in Iraq then? What the F do you think the US has been doing there. If you support that illegal war, then you have contradicted yourself...but then again your from Ohio...what would anyone expect.
                            Why do you suddenly stop responding to posts? What have you said in response to my posts? Is this you conceding? I don't get it. And absolutely no, I don't support the War in Iraq. Ohhhhh, I thought grown ups don't stereotype states.

How the hell could i argue this AND be for the Iraq War? I was talking about the killing of innocent women and children BUT I'd be for Blackwater and whatever illegal or legal operations we are doing there, that makes sense. Are my responses so good that you really can't say anything or what? DISAGREE AT LEAST, MAKE THIS A SPORTING ARGUEMENT? NON? B)

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
                            guess who was being facetious

hint- it's not me or you
                            Why would you ever use the word facetious? What a horribly odd sounding name, When i hear that name i think of fat bulbous fingers on a keyboard being used to express bitter hatred at the interworld(new word, use it fools, be coo like that). well i'm a little high, so maybe it cou

PS: I LOVED TYPING THOSE Ks OF KIKKEKOKELISKEIKKELOS, cause no matter how many Ks i use..it will always seem right. I mean fuck i could add prolly like 14 Ks in that shit and it would look right, look look check it check it.

kikkelikkokeliksokkeliskilolelkokkelikos

look at that shit, I bet i just cussed someone out. What an awesome way to vent, JUST BLAST SOME Ks.
                            Last edited by paradise!; 01-11-2009, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Paradise, oh Paradise.
                              Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Why do you suddenly stop responding to posts?
                                1/2 of my week I am travelng back and forth from Philadelphia, PA to Vancouver BC and visa versa. I vanish as I am not around in front of a pc and I do not use a blackberry or IPhone to keep up on things while in transit...I appolgize for my vanishing act while I live in two cities a continent apart.

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                                What have you said in response to my posts? Is this you conceding? I don't get it. And absolutely no, I don't support the War in Iraq. Ohhhhh, I thought grown ups don't stereotype states.
                                I lived in Ohio while in college at Case Western Reserve University. I know OH well and from my time there found it to be one of the most ass backward bigoted States to have been in. I have been in every state in the Continetal US, and still to this day have no liking for the State of OH and the people that live there, especially the surrounding areas of Cleveland and Toldeo...Parma especially...f'n KKK capital. Cleveland was ok, but it's not even 1/2 the city it once was when I lived there.

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                                How the hell could i argue this AND be for the Iraq War? I was talking about the killing of innocent women and children BUT I'd be for Blackwater and whatever illegal or legal operations we are doing there, that makes sense. Are my responses so good that you really can't say anything or what? DISAGREE AT LEAST, MAKE THIS A SPORTING ARGUEMENT? NON? B)
                                That makes no sense and contradicts itself.
                                May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Working...
                                X