TW NCAA Challenge - Bracket selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
    Pretty sure UNC just won in convincing fashion even though Hansbrough didn't really show up.

By the way, talk shit all you want, but Tyler's stats speak for themselves. You need 1 award won in 4 years to have your jersey retired at UNC. He won all 6, in the same year. Like him, dislike him, who cares, you'd be an idiot to not respect him though.
    I'll give you this, yes he is talented. But he is 100% overrated. Don't get me wrong, he has had a great career, but he will never be a star in the NBA. So he's been smashing UNC records, big deal. You do know Micheal Jordan went to UNC right? He holds abosolutely no records, for one reason, he stayed a year then left. Do you know who UNC's all-time leading point scorer was? Phil Ford. Heard of him? Me neither.

All I'm saying is, don't get your hopes up. Especially for the fact that he has created a liking to dominating the boards in college, but there is no way in hell he could do that against NBA caliber Centers. His attitude on the court isn't thrilling either, I've never seen anyone whine for fouls as much as he does, nor have I seen anyone's eyes open that wide.

BUT, like gen said, if there's anything I like about this bug-eyed freak it is his intensity.
    4:BigKing> xD
    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
    4:BigKing> what did i do???
    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
    4:BigKing> ???? why though
    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
      So he's been smashing UNC records, big deal. You do know Micheal Jordan went to UNC right? He holds abosolutely no records, for one reason, he stayed a year then left..
      lol wut?
      Originally posted by Wikipedia
      In 1981, Jordan earned a basketball scholarship to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he majored in cultural geography. As a freshman in coach Dean Smith's team-oriented system, he was named ACC Freshman of the Year after he averaged 13.4 points per game (ppg) on 53.4% shooting (field goal percentage). He made the game-winning jump shot in the 1982 NCAA Championship game against Georgetown, which was led by future NBA rival Patrick Ewing. Jordan later described this shot as the major turning point in his basketball career. During his three seasons at North Carolina, he averaged 17.7 ppg on 54.0% shooting, and added 5.0 rebounds per game (rpg). After winning the Naismith and the Wooden College Player of the Year awards in 1984, Jordan left North Carolina one year before his scheduled graduation to enter the 1984 NBA Draft. The Chicago Bulls selected Jordan with the third overall pick, after Hakeem Olajuwon (Houston Rockets) and Sam Bowie (Portland Trail Blazers). Jordan returned to North Carolina to complete his degree in 1986.
      Originally posted by Jordan's awards
      # 1x NCAA Men's Basketball Champion (1982)
      # 1982 ACC Freshman of the Year
      # 1x ACC Men's Basketball Player of the Year (1984)
      # 1x USBWA College Player of the Year (1984)
      # 1x Naismith College Player of the Year (1984)
      # 1x John R. Wooden Award (1984)
      # 1x Adolph Rupp Trophy (1984)
      He set records at UNC. They were broken afterward as the college season got longer and players became more athletic. Don't undermine the career of the great one asshole.
      Originally posted by Tone
      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

T
        Hansborough

Comment

I don't know about 'dominating' the boards as one of his trademarks. He averages what, 8 or 9 a game? I mean thats solid for college, but its not spectacular. I'm not saying he'll be a powerhouse in the NBA, but I think it's also quite bold to say that he won't. He was listed as one of the top 15 high school players in the last 10 years, is clearly one of the top college players, so he could succeed in the NBA. Never can tell though, as JJ Redick was on both of those lists and now, well.... lol.
          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
            lol wut?

He set records at UNC. They were broken afterward as the college season got longer and players became more athletic. Don't undermine the career of the great one asshole.
            LOL, oh yes because Micheal Jordan's career is specifically limited to his stint in UNC. Just...phail, epic phail.

to paul:

JJ Reddick is a perfect example, although he was a shooting guard, he really couldn't ever match up with true athletes in the NBA. He had an outstanding time getting open for the big threes in College, but he couldn't find a real way to outstep his defender. I think the Hansboroughs position in the NBA is incredibly dominated by players who stronger, faster, and smarter than him in the paint. Like I said before, I don't see him making an immediate impact, and although reddick is only 3 year in, he could blossom.

JUST ONE GUYS OPINION :wub: :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
              Aquatiq.....

#14 CS Northridge over #2 Memphis? RLY?
              lol, so close

Comment

LOL, oh yes because Micheal Jordan's career is specifically limited to his stint in UNC. Just...phail, epic phail.

to paul:

JJ Reddick is a perfect example, although he was a shooting guard, he really couldn't ever match up with true athletes in the NBA. He had an outstanding time getting open for the big threes in College, but he couldn't find a real way to outstep his defender. I think the Hansboroughs position in the NBA is incredibly dominated by players who stronger, faster, and smarter than him in the paint. Like I said before, I don't see him making an immediate impact, and although reddick is only 3 year in, he could blossom.

JUST ONE GUYS OPINION :wub: :wub:
                God you're a fucking idiot. You said Jordan had no records at UNC and that he only stayed 1 year. Those were both so easy to disprove that I didn't have to venture beyond wikipedia. You were trying to shortsell his college career and weren't considering why players break more records today.

So no, you fail. Now go home and buttfuck yourself. Maybe you'll learn not to talk out of your ass at Yale (how's that going btw? You ever hear back?).
                Originally posted by Tone
                Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

God paradise still hurts me every time he posts. I can't decide now whether he's just young and will grow out of it (which I had previously thought) or whether he's really a complete moron. Either way I'm sure he's a very nice young man irl. =)

Comment

I see a man in the crowd at the Wachovia Center that looks like what I imagine you look like. Is this you? (y/n).
                    Yes I was at that game in Philly. Sorry for the late reply... Not watching TV at that game, I have no clue as to who you had seen. BTW...I do not look like Steve Buschemi...I just like his acting and movies.
                    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
                      Yes I was at that game in Philly. Sorry for the late reply... Not watching TV at that game, I have no clue as to who you had seen. BTW...I do not look like Steve Buschemi...I just like his acting and movies.
                      I thought he meant he could tell how you looked by reading your posts. Much like a blind person feels someone's face.

If he saw someone that looked like Steve Buscemi, then it was probably him though. No one is that ugly and doesn't stand the fuck out.

Comment

God you're a fucking idiot. You said Jordan had no records at UNC and that he only stayed 1 year. Those were both so easy to disprove that I didn't have to venture beyond wikipedia. You were trying to shortsell his college career and weren't considering why players break more records today.
                        Listen moron, I was trying to show his college career in comparison to his NBA career, I really didn't know he stayed 3 full years. I knew he was successful in UNC, and knew he didnt stay 4 years. Anyways, I'd like to see you comment on what my reply actually said, rather than nitpick it to death, you saw my point. Just do what you do best squeezer, avoid the intentions of the post and look for mistakes.

That's all you got, as your boy vykromond would say:

dix dix and more dix in ur mouth.

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                        God paradise still hurts me every time he posts. I can't decide now whether he's just young and will grow out of it (which I had previously thought) or whether he's really a complete moron. Either way I'm sure he's a very nice young man irl. =)
                        :wub: :wub: luv u gen, my fiery hate for you has transformed into a numbing indifference.

Comment

2nd

gg BustedCondomChick.

gg Aquatiq's 8.9%

I'd also like it to be known that I scored a perfect 100% in my womens bracket, along with my 87% or so in this one, pretty sure I am king.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
                            I'd also like it to be known that I scored a perfect 100% in my womens bracket, along with my 87% or so in this one, pretty sure I am king.
                            Congrats as you had been the less than .05% of viewers nationwide that followed the womens bracket. Do you really follow womens NCAA basketball? I honestly didn't think anyone really did except for the families of the players.

I was also very amazed that there was a bracket for the womens NCAA. I tried to watch a game and couldn't get past more than 2 - 5 minutes worth; I would rather sit and be forced to watch the View for 24 hrs.
                            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

I want to point out that there was absolutely zero celebration in Storrs when the women won. It was expected.
                              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

ahh, paradise is terrible.
                                Originally posted by turmio
                                jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                                Originally posted by grand
                                I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Working...
                                X