Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earn some bucks and help TW at same time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spin/office

Before anyone buys into your opinion, people will need to know a little more about you and your background. After all, we all know that the topics you promote so aggressively are quite important. We will start with your lack of character.
    First, few people will listen to someone who is not honest. Here is a definition of honesty;

Honesty
    “The quality or state of being honest; probity; fairness and straightforwardness of conduct, speech, etc.; integrity; sincerity; truthfulness; freedom from fraud or guile.”

You came into the forums under an assumed name (office) and tried to fool people that you were not Spinsanity. This is dishonest, it shows a complete lack of truthfulness. Please explain your actions. Explain why anyone should listen to you when you lie. This also speaks to your honor. My dictionary defines ‘honor’ as;

Honor
    “Esteem due or paid to worth; high estimation; respect; consideration; reverence; veneration; manifestation of respect or reverence. That which rightfully attracts esteem, respect, or consideration; self-respect; dignity; courage; fidelity; especially, excellence of character; high moral worth; virtue; nobleness, integrity; uprightness; trustworthness;. A sense of what is right, just, and true, with course of life correspondent thereto; strict conformity to the duty imposed by conscience, position, or privilege.”

Your action of coming in to the forums with deception reflects that you have no honor or trustworthiness. No one will listen to your opinions because of this. Again, without trying to make some other argument about Bush and your agenda, tell us why we should listen to someone who has attempted to lie and deceive. Moving to your opinion and personal agenda. People need to feel that the person they are listening to are ‘fair’ and ‘impartial’. Returning to my dictionary, it defines ‘fairness’ as:

Fairness
    “Characterized by frankness, honesty, impartiality, or candor; open; upright; free from suspicion or bias; equitable; just; -- said of persons, character, or conduct; as, a fair man; fair dealing; a fair statement.”

Your arguments show absolutely no understanding that there are two sides of any perspective. If you showed this understanding…that you MIGHT be wrong, that you MIGHT not have all the information, people MIGHT listen to you. In fact, you come across as being completely fanatical. Definition:

Fanatic
    ”Pertaining to, or indicating, fanaticism; extravagant in opinions; ultra; unreasonable; excessively enthusiastic, especially on religious or political subjects. A person affected by excessive enthusiasm, particularly on religious or political subjects; one who indulges wild and extravagant notions and opinions.”

If you want others to listen to you, you will need to convince them that you are an ‘expert’ in a subject. Expert is defined as;

Expert
    “Taught by use, practice, or experience, experienced; having facility of operation or performance from practice; knowing and ready from much practice. An expert or experienced person; one instructed by experience; one who has skill, experience, or extensive knowledge in his calling or in any special branch of learning.”

Perhaps you can pause long enough from your diatribe to supply us some information on your expertise for this topic. You have shown NO original thinking about the topic, only the ability to cut and paste other’s opinions. Please supply us with references, a list of the research, and other examples of your experience you have had on this topic.

If you can properly answer these questions, people might actually listen to you. If you can't supply this information, if you answer with more cut and paste diatribe, you are what everyone thinks you are, a moron.

Moron
    “A person whose intellectual development proceeds normally up to about the eighth year of age and is then arrested so that there is little or no further development.”
    Last edited by Ephemeral; 07-20-2003, 08:06 AM.

Comment

.?ignore this thread

jeez do you really think i will read all those long emails office(aka spin) and ephemeral? i wonder if others will...
      Menno is a 1337 lamer! (5:0)

Comment

Perhaps you can pause long enough from your diatribe to supply us some information on your expertise for this topic. You have shown NO original thinking about the topic, only the ability to cut and paste other’s opinions. Please supply us with references, a list of the research, and other examples of your experience you have had on this topic.
        This is going to be good but I dout you will get an answer, or one thats not more cut and paste work. And as for people reading this please keep your opinons out of this, I know I can't say read the whole thread but because of spinsanity's spam I know thats not going to happen but thats what this person wants, people starting fights so don't give him what he wants. Bottom line be involved or don't post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mennoowh
          .?ignore this thread

jeez do you really think i will read all those long emails office(aka spin) and ephemeral? i wonder if others will...
          As of now, 540 people have viewed this thread, so you can stop wondering. The beauty of forums like this is that you can simply not view them, nobody is forcing it down your throat (unlike what Spin is doing to our game). In fact, if you care to look, the topics I start are some of the most read topics on the board. Additionally, I don’t post that often, less than 70 posts in the last few years.

You are correct in that my posts are often long, I apologize for that, but I would call your attention to the fact that my posts are usually original writings. Meaning that I put the time and effort into them and do not simply cut and paste a bunch of BS, expecting folks to read a bunch of regurgitated information from unknown sources.

So it's fine that you choose to not read it, but please do not group me with the likes of people like Spin.

Comment

Bush and PNAC'S con job on the American public.

How bush destroys America and opens us up to REAL threats.

Here is how bush's con works... you are feed a pile of lies
            from bush with the help of corporate controlled 6 o'clock news
            and a host of right wing opinion
            infomercials... rush, hanity, savage, etc....

Here is one of many site's that educate American's on this grave deception.. http://tvnewslies.org/

The lies are generally ...
            * Bush White House lie --The Afghan war is to see that the people responsible for 911 was be punished.

* Bush White House lie --The Iraq war are to see that a great threat to America
            from Saddam's Iraq was put to rest.

* Bush White House lie --Bush's wars are moral and justified... after all.. we are the victims

* Bush White House lie --Bush's actions are helping America and making America safer and stronger.

* Bush White House lie --Bush has America's best interest in mind.. America's interest and global corporate interest are the same and are beneficial to Americans. (a variation is of this lie is... our military is used for defense.. corporate interest have no influence on Bush's wars)

Here is who is responsible for this con job... its who come up with our foreign policy..they are a group of people that call themselves Neo conservatives or Neo cons.. they developed and pushed their ideas from a think tank called PROJECT FOR NEW AMERICAN CENTURY.

Some members of this group are....

Vice-President Dick Cheney
            Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld
            Paul Wolfowitz is now Deputy Defense Secretary

Zalmay Khalilzad (Bush’s Ambassador to Afghanistan)
            John Bolton is Undersecretary of State.
            Stephen Cambone -Pentagon’s Office of Program, Analysis and Evaluation.
            Eliot Cohen is a member of the Defense Policy Board, which advises Rumsfeld.
            Devon Cross is a member of the Defense Policy Board, which advises Rumsfeld.
            I. Lewis Libby is Chief of Staff to Vice President Dick Cheney.
            Dov Zakheim is Comptroller for the Defense Department.

Here one aspect of Bush and PNAC's new foreign policy....

Global Dominance -

*-- United States must seize the opportunity for global domination as a result of the world giving us this unique opportunity with the fall of the Soviet Union empire.
            *-- Containment and deterrence course of action would not allow for the expansion of American power.
            *-- United States must conquer and occupy land areas even though we may be viewed as "American Internationalist".
            *-- Must maintain more military presence all over the world.
            *-- In due time the United States will emerge as a full-fledged global empire.

This it nothing new.. other totalitarian governments have dreamed of this.

These ideas don't sit well with clear thinking Americas, not to mention members of our military.

World peace and freedom in America's pre-bush past has been our best goal.

vote bush out in 2004
            vote bush out in 2004
            vote bush out in 2004

If we don't vote bush out in 2004... we will be stuck with bush's brand of corporate fascism backed up with aggressive wars of conquest. America deserves better than some two bit hitler clone like bush and his neo con handlers!

War is NOT peace
            corporate slavery is NOT freedom
            ignorance in NOT strength

Comment

Ok spin wont bother u with his crap anymore, i stopped him (dont ask how -_-) can i have my money now please?
              Originally posted by Acidmouse
              pv=nrt your American you cant possibly understand anything.
              Spiderex> gg
              PureX> stfu newbie

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderex
                Ok spin wont bother u with his crap anymore, i stopped him (dont ask how -_-) can i have my money now please?
                Spiderex, Try again, he is still at it as of last night (11PM EST, 7/20/03). Kinda wierd that you just started posting as of yesterday, who are you (Spin? lol)

Again, if anyone can get him to stop, simply have him contact me in TW and tell me that he is knocking it off. We will have to wait a while to allow me to verify that he isn't continuing to disrupt the game (this includes coming on under some other name).

Meanwhile, back at the farm….
                Spin/office..come on dude. I posted some simple straightforward questions for you to answer. If you really care about this topic, surely you care if people listen to you or not.
                I am trying to help you dude, teach you a little about how to win friends and influence people. Folks won’t listen to you unless you can get them to think that you are something other than a lunatic, answering the questions I posted above will go along way to achieving this. Hell, maybe I’ll even start buying in. Don’t let all your efforts be for nothing, convince us that you have some experience, that you have done some research into this, that you are capable of some original thoughts.
                If you do not answer these questions (and continue to simply cut and paste stuff), most people will now assume that you have no experience, that you have not done any research, that you are too lazy/stupid to have any original thoughts.

Also still waiting for you to admit that you came onto these forums under an assumed name, trying to trick people into thinking that you aren’t Spin. Come on, come clean and admit that you screwed up. Admit that you are committing the same deception that you accuse others of.

Comment

I'm baaaaaaccckk

Where's my goddam ban hammer?

Comment

spinsanity, now that we have this "information" of yours, and no real answers from you, nor do we have any infomation on who you are, why don't you let the American TW population which makes up probably 25 % of Trench Wars decide for themselves. This is however a server that started in a Euro country, I don't see the sence in bothering people who have nothing to do with the American voting system or with your locial political views.

All the information you cut and paste (you are also leaching bandwith with your pictures btw) seems to make up that a huge conspiracy exists in the poplitical system in The United States.

You are arguing that the US is leading into fascism and becomming a global empire, where mostly the United States starts taking over land, raping countries and massivly killing off populations in the world. Now I don't see a country that holds their values and even beliefs so far from what your proposing ever changing into something like that.

I think you are being confused from what happend over WW2. Fascism is a different poplitical system which doesn't make a country blood craving or wanting of war, the leaders are chosen differently. Everything happening with Bush I think is a direct result of the USA changing. Keeping dangroues people in power in the world and mainly the middle east is something they are comming down hard on. In the long run it could cause or prevent a serious problem and even cost more lives then it took to go to war to remove leaders, leaders who have been know to use inhumane tactics when dealing with foreign countries and dealing with there own populas.

A lot of what you post on here appears to be extreamly aggrogant, annoying and at sometimes rude. You don't let people decide wheater what you say is true or not, you are not giving an opinion, just blurting out untrue or misleading facts. You are not even dicusing any topics which you seem to have a strong opinion about, but we haven't seen that yet (your own writing that is). I would take what you have to a proper forum or atleast another game where people would appreciate your opinions and give you some challenging "public debates" as you once said to me.

All this is comming from a left wing person myself, I know that some left wing people can sometimes think they are right without reason and can be quick to criticize. I cant tell you that everything in the world is going to be okay, but I can tell you that most people don't care. This is a game and a forum for SSCU Trench Wars, a 2d space ship game for kids not a place to anger people, spread hatred or flame people (alough check out the light forum for flaming, if thats what your into) its a place to talk about how much we hate TW staff or how stupid the new cloaker ship is.
                    Last edited by Kolar; 07-21-2003, 10:52 AM.

Comment

I will send in my level 29 dragon to kill spinasanity ... except his dragon is level 36 so I'll use my wand of mass curse to stop him from healing his dragon so I can constantly heal my dragons and eventualy beat his dragon down. I will cast the first stone. The vicous batttle will take place in pub 29 !YE all come forth and!

Comment

Re: I'm baaaaaaccckk

Originally posted by wadi
                        Where's my goddam ban hammer?
                        I missed you.

p.s. .?squad me

Comment

channel thru spinsanity

More stuff from spinsanity

If you like bush's policy... then you will love mussolini's views. (this is not good)

Here some defining parts of fascism... taken from
                          http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/m...i-fascism.html
                          First mussolini on why fascism is the way to go
                          "..For Fascism, the growth of empire, that is to say the expansion of the nation, is an essential manifestation of vitality, and its opposite a sign of decadence. Peoples which are rising, or rising again after a period of decadence, are always imperialist
                          "...The Fascist State organizes the nation, but leaves a sufficient margin of liberty to the individual; the latter is deprived of all useless and possibly harmful freedom"
                          "(fascism) believes neither in the possibility nor the utility of perpetual peace" .--mussolini

Now.. A description of Bush's policies (SEE IF U CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE FROM ABOVE DESCRIPTION OF FASCISM) Segments from....

Ron Paul (R-Texas) talks on the distruction of America due to Bush and his PNAC laggies.

Will the euphoria of grand military victories-against non-enemies-ever be mellowed? Someday, we as a legislative body must face the reality of the dire situation in which we have allowed ourselves to become enmeshed. Hopefully, it will be soon!

We got here because ideas do have consequences. Bad ideas have bad consequences, and even the best of intentions have unintended consequences. We need to know exactly what the philosophic ideas were that drove us to this point; then, hopefully, reject them and decide on another set of intellectual parameters.

There is abundant evidence exposing those who drive our foreign policy justifying preemptive war. Those who scheme are proud of the achievements in usurping control over foreign policy. These are the neoconservatives of recent fame. Granted, they are talented and achieved a political victory that all policymakers must admire. But can freedom and the republic survive this takeover? That question should concern us.

Neoconservatives are obviously in positions of influence and are well-placed throughout our government and the media. An apathetic Congress put up little resistance and abdicated its responsibilities over foreign affairs. The electorate was easily influenced to join in the patriotic fervor supporting the military adventurism advocated by the neoconservatives.

*They are not bashful about an American empire; instead they strongly endorse it.
                          *They agree with Trotsky on permanent revolution, violent as well as intellectual.
                          *They believe lying is necessary for the state to survive.
                          *They believe pertinent facts about how a society should be run should be held by the elite and withheld from those who do not have the courage to deal with it.

*They believe in preemptive war to achieve desired ends.
                          *They accept the notion that the ends justify the means-that hardball politics is a moral necessity.
                          *They believe imperialism, if progressive in nature, is appropriate
                          *They endorse attacks on civil liberties, such as those found in the Patriot Act, as being necessary.
                          *They hold Leo Strauss in high esteem.

The breakup of the Soviet system may well have been an epic event but to say that the views of the neocons are the unchallenged victors and that all we need do is wait for their implementation is a capitulation to controlling the forces of history that many Americans are not yet ready to concede.

There is now a recognized philosophic connection between modern-day neoconservatives and Irving Kristol, Leo Strauss, and Machiavelli. This is important in understanding that today’s policies and the subsequent problems will be with us for years to come if these policies are not reversed.

Not only did Leo Strauss write favorably of Machiavelli, Michael Ledeen, a current leader of the neoconservative movement, did the same in 1999 in his book with the title, Machiavelli on Modern Leadership, and subtitled: Why Machiavelli’s iron rules are as timely and important today as five centuries ago.

Ledeen quotes Machiavelli approvingly on what makes a great leader. “A prince must have no other objectives or other thoughts or take anything for his craft, except war.” To Ledeen, this meant: “…the virtue of the warrior are those of great leaders of any successful organization.” Yet it’s obvious that war is not coincidental to neocon philosophy, but an integral part. The intellectuals justify it, and the politicians carry it out. There’s a precise reason to argue for war over peace according to Ledeen, for “…peace increases our peril by making discipline less urgent, encouraging some of our worst instincts, in depriving us of some of our best leaders.” Peace, he claims, is a dream and not even a pleasant one, for it would cause indolence and would undermine the power of the state. Although I concede the history of the world is a history of frequent war, to capitulate and give up even striving for peace-believing peace is not a benefit to mankind-is a frightening thought that condemns the world to perpetual war and justifies it as a benefit and necessity. These are dangerous ideas, from which no good can come.

Ron Paul is a long time member of the US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
                          Ron Paul's full article can be found at
                          http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/co...3/cr071003.htm

******For all you 2d gamers out there....
                          Reasons to vote for America's future and against bush.......
                          * America was till a short time ago, a world leader... now our goal is much like hitler's.
                          * Americans need to be aware of this.. just like the German's would of been well served to know that the path they followed was not a wise one.
                          *If America is a world leader for freedom... or the world's thug... one way or another other, We in America and in other countrys will feel the effects.... ( this is not the case with Canada.)

(this is not helping your security)

Comment

Why are people even trying to rationalize with him? There is no indication that he even listens or cares about what we say. (It's debatable whether he even cares about what he's saying himself).

This is nothing put spam with a political slant.

Comment

If he's spamming then why not just silence him .. ?
                              SSCX Extreme Games Moderator

Comment

Attempting to use logic and reason was my way of exposing him, since it stands in complete and stark contrast to his approach. His approach is completely biased and illogical, committing the exact ‘sin’ he is accusing others of.

Frankly, I couldn’t care less that he is a moron and posts stuff in these forums (bandwidth aside). It’s the fact that he is doing the exact same thing in TW and the staff looks the other way acting like it isn’t impacting and disrupting the game that bothers me.
                                The staff is acting like ?ignore is the answer, like they don’t want to censor opinions. They don’t seem to understand that this isn’t censorship, it’s common sense that if someone has figured out a way to disrupt the game that it should be addressed.

No, this isn’t about being tolerant of opinions and free speech. This is someone who has a vendetta against TW and has figured out a way to make the staff look foolish and make the rest of us pay the price. The longer this goes on, the more we all pay for this one person’s behavior.

The irony is that Spin has become the fascist of TW, exerting his personal agenda upon us all whether we want it or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X