Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is no one in this universe...(not an angsty rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: There is no one in this universe...(not an angsty rant)

Originally posted by shiftyeyesdogg
    Population: None.

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there
    must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number
    divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so
    the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be
    said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the
    whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet
    from time to time are merely the products of a deranged
    imagination.

</Ctrl+V>
    i dont agree with the calculations, but i DO believe that we're alone in the universe.

Think about it: we are nothing but quadrillions of gravitrons (strings of vibrating energy). The fact that we can realize ourselves, think, create and feel complex emotions is just uncomprehendable and mind-boggling. Thats also good support for the soul theory - we all have a soul, simply strings of energy cannot create such a complex thing as life, there has to be a greater force controlling it. And it is unique enough to be only found on Earth.
    I like sub space
    but i am not a fuck face
    but most people in it are...
    me - i didn't get that far.
    it's also full of lamers, laggots,
    newbies, eaters, teamers, faggots...
    I own them like an ez pie
    ph34r!! - stay away or die.

Comment

Wish I had an Improbability Drive...

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed
        Wish I had an Improbability Drive...
        THANK GOD! The rest of you, line up for the beanies.

Comment

For the record, if only one in one trillion "worlds" are populated with life, and the number of "worlds" are infinite (as you suggested) then the number of populated "worlds" is infinite as well.

Simpler: any fraction of infinity is infinity as well (i.e. 3/5 of infinity = infinity).

Also, I'm making less money at work than I used to be, and I'm thinking about looking for another job, but I don't really want to go through that whole "new guy" phase at work, where you don't really know shit, keep fucking up, and everyone asks you bullshit questions about your past. Discuss.
          RogerMexico
          The Daily Nice
          Post Secret

Comment

Solution: Become a wage slave like me who sticks at a job for 4+ years.
            Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Ask for a raise?

Edit: conc said something about you possibly coming to Portsmouth, you made up your mind yet?
              Originally posted by Facetious
              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Re: Re: There is no one in this universe...(not an angsty rant)

Originally posted by Craxer
                i DO believe that we're alone in the universe.

If you believe that, I hope that you also believe in a God, or a higher being that created us. Granted, the chances of life occuring somewhere else is slim, assuming you pick one random spot, but given the amount of matter and number of planets that we haven't even discovered...it's just silly to say we're alone.
                Ну вот...

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                  Ask for a raise?

Edit: conc said something about you possibly coming to Portsmouth, you made up your mind yet?
                  I haven't decided yet. I'm just starting the application process now. If and when I'm accepted anywhere, I'll probably just fly over, rent a car, and drive around to see where I might like to spend some time. So it will be a few months before I have any idea where I'll be living, but you'll be the seventh to know.
                  RogerMexico
                  The Daily Nice
                  Post Secret

Comment

Re: Re: Re: There is no one in this universe...(not an angsty rant)

Originally posted by ÆNIMA
                    If you believe that, I hope that you also believe in a God, or a higher being that created us. Granted, the chances of life occuring somewhere else is slim, assuming you pick one random spot, but given the amount of matter and number of planets that we haven't even discovered...it's just silly to say we're alone.
                    the universe is not infinite, it only seems so because it loops. In simple words, it is like a giant sphere and everything revolves around the center of it. Light, sent through the universe will bend around that center and come back to its original place.

And as i said (if u read my post u'd see explanation) life is unique enough to be found only in one spot.

And i do believe in souls, but I dunno who or what is behind them - God or something else. It is really mind-boggling to me that everything simply exists and has properties it has.

But thats just an opinion, dont start a flame war over it.
                    I like sub space
                    but i am not a fuck face

Comment

Originally posted by RogerMexico
                      I haven't decided yet. I'm just starting the application process now. If and when I'm accepted anywhere, I'll probably just fly over, rent a car, and drive around to see where I might like to spend some time. So it will be a few months before I have any idea where I'll be living, but you'll be the seventh to know.
                      If you do come over for a look around I can put you up for a few nights

Edit: In case 'put you up' is more English slang, it means I've got somewhere for you to stay
                      Originally posted by Facetious
                      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: There is no one in this universe...(not an angsty rant)

Originally posted by Craxer
                        the universe is not infinite [...] life is unique enough to be found only in one spot[...]
                        if you believe in one universe, which you better do, you could as good as believe in 2 or 3. who says that there can only be one of those big bangs? space out there is pretty infinite, so is time. maybe there is another universe just next to us? so you can have an infinite ammount of planets, who knows.

and i dont think life is so unique, intelligence maybe but not life.

Comment

Believing that life is only found on one planet is a little naive and childish.
                          7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                          1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                          8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                          Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                          Piston> I own in belim
                          6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

We can discover life as we see life. Mainly what scientists are looking for are microorganisms...There are some looking for intelligent life, but we're more likely to find microorganisms on other planets closer to us. For example, places that have water...somewhere in Mars, or Europa's ocean.

Actually scientists don't <know> what shape the universe is, but from recent evidence that's been gathered from remnants of the Big Bang, some think it's shaped like a soccer ball....with the hexagons and everything. You'd have to look into it more deeply, but I first heard from it on msnbc.com
                            Ну вот...

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                              If you do come over for a look around I can put you up for a few nights

Edit: In case 'put you up' is more English slang, it means I've got somewhere for you to stay
                              Thanks for the offer... I'll drop you a line when it becomes a little more concrete.
                              RogerMexico
                              The Daily Nice
                              Post Secret

Comment

Originally posted by froedrick
                                Believing that life is only found on one planet is a little naive and childish.
                                Again, dont start dissing other people's opinions. Froed, if you actually understood anything in this matter you wouldnt go around making ignorant comments like that. I can say the very same thing about believers in life on other planets.

i already explained how the universe is NOT infinite (the way it curves). I still believe in what i said earlier because i dont think anything is infinite. It's just illogical to me.
                                I like sub space
                                but i am not a fuck face

Comment

Working...
                                X