Americans Read This!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Americans Read This!

Hi, i'm planning a roadtrip and have some parts set, but some parts very much up in the air, any help would be appreciated.

We're starting out in Toronto (near where I live) and comign down the US Eastern Seaboard. Were going to hit NY, Penn, Maryland (wash D.C.) and then we're not sure. We want to end up in Lousiana (New Orleans) and after Louisiana we're going into Colorado. After colorado we're set basically as we'll do all the states near by before heading into cali and up the west coast into vancouver. After that we're a tad confused again. We may just follow canadian border home OR head into the northern most states (if we do northern states we'll prob go through chicago under superior into detroit and into ontario that way.

Anyways: can anybody tell me what states i may miss that are interesting? I need some sort of route from Maryland to Louisiana (possibly the carolinas and tenn as a route, we want to avoid florida because it'll be summer and way to hot - same goes for texas on our way from new orleans to colorado.)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks fellas.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Isn't california hip, kool and happening and where all the funky kats hang?
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I love the sig Mike.

And is cali that hip? I dunno. we'll only be passing through LA at this point.

All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

If you're driving I HIGHLY recommemd taking the Pacifc Coast Highway (california highway 1) up the western seaboard. Just take the 101 west out of LA, and it'll drop you right on it. I-5 up the corridor is way way faster, but you miss out on some of the best country in the US. That will also run you through Pebble Beach, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and (I think) over San Fransisco's Golden Gate Bridge. It's the way I drive home from school when I have the chance.

Comment

goto washington d.c. atleast.

Comment

If you show up in seattle, you better be packin heat because I'll cut you.

I second wadi's suggestion, don't miss the pacific coast highway.
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

BOSTON

Seriously.

Comment

Re: Americans Read This!

Originally posted by Nickname
                (possibly the carolinas and tenn as a route, we want to avoid florida because it'll be summer and way to hot - same goes for texas on our way from new orleans to colorado.)
                FU! It's the humidity that really makes it seem hotter- thus Texas really isn't that bad.
                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

He's coming down from Toronto. Relatively speaking, it is that bad.

Comment

Holy crap, that's some road trip.

From DC to Louisiana:
                    You'll drive down along the Rocky Mountains. Skip Skyline Drive in Virginia, it's a National Park but kind of sterile and gets old quickly. Take the highway instead down to Great Smokey Mountains Natl Park near North Carolina/Tennesee border.

Going to Cali:
                    The Grand Canyon is at the north end of Arizona. If it's not too far out of the way you can stop by there. Nothing else like it in the world. Check your maps because a gigantic canyon is not something you drive through. You'll see it from the north side if you go.

Cali:
                    Hwy 1 like people said, I hear parts of it gets pretty small and even washed out so some of it might be slower driving. I haven't gotten to see it yet.

Chicago:
                    If you ever make it here:
                    http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/
                    http://www.chicagoreader.com/
                    For stuff to do. I'm sure other big cities have similar pages.

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
                      If you're driving I HIGHLY recommemd taking the Pacifc Coast Highway (california highway 1) up the western seaboard. Just take the 101 west out of LA, and it'll drop you right on it. I-5 up the corridor is way way faster, but you miss out on some of the best country in the US. That will also run you through Pebble Beach, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and (I think) over San Fransisco's Golden Gate Bridge. It's the way I drive home from school when I have the chance.
                      Amazing advice wadi! Thats the exact way i'll go then!

Comment

Re: Re: Americans Read This!

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                        FU! It's the humidity that really makes it seem hotter- thus Texas really isn't that bad.
                        Nickname> Hey inf, how hot is it in texas int he summer
                        Inferno>90-100
                        Inferno>80% humidity
                        Nickname>Meaning?
                        Inferno>fells like 110
                        Nickname>Those are temperatures for an oven, not a human being.

I'm canadian, i burn easily. Hot hot heat - no not now (i can't believe i worked that into a sentence where it made sense)

Shade, whats in boston? I could go out of my way for somethign worthwhile.

Do I need to come and cut you beez? I'll bring my "white guy trying to do spanish accent" along too. (I cut youuu Youuu ca-ca-roach!)

P_L: D.C. is what were doing in Maryland, it's all i have planned. Gonna go see white house, yell for bush to gtfo - go see the penis statue, all of that.

Comment

Originally posted by geekbot
                          Holy crap, that's some road trip.

From DC to Louisiana:
                          You'll drive down along the Rocky Mountains. Skip Skyline Drive in Virginia, it's a National Park but kind of sterile and gets old quickly. Take the highway instead down to Great Smokey Mountains Natl Park near North Carolina/Tennesee border.

Great! I had nothing to do there, now I have something!

Going to Cali:
                          The Grand Canyon is at the north end of Arizona. If it's not too far out of the way you can stop by there. Nothing else like it in the world. Check your maps because a gigantic canyon is not something you drive through. You'll see it from the north side if you go.

The rough plan is to go through wyoming (idaho possibly) after leaving colorado and come down utah and into arizona to see the grand canyon. I'm also seeing some canyon in Utah whos name I forget, Bryce or something. After that we're gonna skip out into cali since both me and my gf can't gamble legally

Cali:
                          Hwy 1 like people said, I hear parts of it gets pretty small and even washed out so some of it might be slower driving. I haven't gotten to see it yet.

More great advice, thanks for the heads up

Chicago:
                          If you ever make it here:
                          http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/
                          http://www.chicagoreader.com/
                          For stuff to do. I'm sure other big cities have similar pages.
                          Thanks buddy

Wax: I'm planning on some beach time somewhere in carolina, and then some beach time in oregon so i can go into both oceans within a few weeks of each other. I'll let you know how the sunset looks.
                          Last edited by Nickname; 02-09-2004, 09:38 PM.

Comment

OMG Mount Rushmore in South Dakota!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            1:Sensitive> i hit a family of ducks the other day on the high way

Comment

Texas really isn't all that humid in June, neither is the southwest. Louisiana is probably among the worst of the humidity, so if you're going there, you can count on it.

If you're looking for sights, I reccomend the Monty Bay Aquarium as wadi suggested. Very nice place, I enjoyed it thouroghly. Also, if you get the oppertunity to either climb one or at least view the Rocky Mountains in Northern New Mexico or Southern Colorado, that is some VERY nice views and weather (70-80 F on a good day).
                              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
                              X