No announcement yet.

Passion of Christ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you ppl (not all) feel the need to force your beliefs upon other ppl?
    You guys think too much.
    If you feel confortable believing there is a God then by all means do.
    If you dont believe in God im sure you have your reasons, its that simple.
    I believe in God, but i dont go to church nor have i ever read the bible.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
      You're missing my point. You're expecting this to be a movie for everyone. It's not, and it shouldn't be expected to be. You can't compare this to other mainstream cinema and you can't ask for it follow Hollywood storytelling structures.

Gibson very well could have started at a couple trying to bum a room in Bethlehem, but no. The film isn't a biopic. It's about the last 12 hours of Christ, it was about suffering, and it was about sacrifice. Throwing in a flashback sequence isn't necessary for that goal. This is a very specific movie with a very specific purpose and a very specific direction. If you don't get that, don't star blaming Gibson for that.

This film didn't meet your expectations. Fine. It wasn't supposed to.

Now, just to make things clear first, I am not myself a Christian. I would say that I am spiritual, but I am not religious. There are a lot of thing I disagree with in Christianity, and I do view the Bible as a text. What I do have though is respect for other people's religions. That being said, it seems like all you want to do is complain about this movie and other "Bible bullshit". You say you are willing to learn and do not view your beliefs as the only right way, but it seems to me that you seem very bent on telling people what is a wrong way.
      Troll King, I respect you greatly. You are wiser than I will ever be, and I agree.

Maybe I had too high hopes thinking this movie might teach me something. But that will still not stop me from critizing it. You don't have to agree with me, it's all fun and games either way.
      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

!gmo

:|

Comment

Originally posted by Intriquality
          :|
          Fuck off you.
          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Know what's stranger then fiction? This movie.
            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

i liked the movie. while it did have its blood and gore, who can say that in this day and age they aren't immune to it? that said, i found the movie quite intense for reasons not excluding the graphic content.

the movie is sub-titled all the way through in a language that i'm sure 99% of the world doesn't speak, but i didn't mind it. seemed to add to the effect.

i'm pretty sure though, that there was alot more blame placed on the jews than was actually depicted in the literature.

anyways, i'm glad they didn't have "BASED ON A TRUE STORY" or "FROM THE ALL TIME BEST-SELLING NOVEL" or anything corny like that. . . and yeah, if yer looking for a surprise ending, it's prolly not for you.
              Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
              Philos> there is something about you
              Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                if yer looking for a surprise ending, it's prolly not for you.
                That's what they said about Titanic, and look how that turned out!

Yeah, well..
                Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

Sarien okay Sairen here we go agian...

Addax, Antelope, Bison, Gazelle, Giraffe, and Ibex are not kosher animals! Once agian for the third time get your facts straight!

From the website i gave you if you bothered to read it! (i was correct in my presumption that your lazy) "Moses declared in Leviticus 11: 5 over 3,000 years ago that the rock hyrax chews the cud" there thats one animal stated, there are others but im not gonna devote any of my precious time to you in research.

"If you mean the forbidden meats listed in that passage not being found, outside of the bible, this will be amusing.
                  Llama, and most especially funny since you're from Australia.
                  A Kangaroo chews its cud."
                  -THE SARIEN
                  For an animal to be kosher among other things has to chew its cud and have spilt hooves both criteria must be satisfied thats why the kangaroo or Llama arent kosher animals.

Rabbits chew thier cud different from cows (once agian from the website i told you) thus can not be seen from the naked eye, thats why the orignal scientific research was wrong and only through the use of some electronics (your precious technology you keep bringing up) they were able to see it.

Well i dont believe in the church, but what moral progress are they agianst? Homosexuals? well if i was christian i would also be opposed to homosexuals joining the church thats not to say i hate gays its just cause it clearly states in the bible!

What i meant is who are you to judge me, about me from my religon. Wtf are you going on about with flying????? oh and real mature comments about 'your not cool' i can tell im dealing with a preteen with an ignorant brain, get some intelligence and maturity then we can talk!

"Yes, because as is well known the principle downfall of religion and
                  superstition is the distribution of knowledge."- sarien
                  Care to back that up with some proof?

Anything else? actually on second thoughts dont even reply, think whatever you want just dont place yourself on a higher level than everyone else for the sheer fact that you dont think G-d Exists, one thing i hate in people is thier arrogance and i can tell from your postings that you do think your smarter than others because of your belief but really you arent, so if your so fixed on believing that there's no G-d then fine just dont act smug about it! Hopefully this will be my last response to the topic if Sarien plays his cards right....
                  Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 03-09-2004, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
                    (i was correct in my presumption that your lazy)
                    im not gonna devote any of my precious time to you in research.
                    Jee
                    TelCat> there arent 'sort of' get the flag

Comment

Addax, Antelope, Bison, Gazelle, Giraffe, and Ibex are not kosher animals! Once agian for the third time get your facts straight!

I did. According to http://www.ou.org/kosher/primer.html
                      OU. Orthodox Union. Jewish primer on Kosher foods and
                      advice for eating abroad. I figure they know better than you.

For an animal to be kosher among other things has to chew its cud and have spilt hooves both criteria must be satisfied thats why the kangaroo or Llama arent kosher animals.

Precisely, they aren't kosher and neither are they mentioned in the bible.
                      Hence me keeping you from having a way out of being wrong. See?
                      Either way, you are wrong.. the animals above are not in the bible,
                      these two animals, not in the bible. You are unrepairably wrong.

Well i dont believe in the church, but what moral progress are they agianst? Homosexuals? well if i was christian i would also be opposed to homosexuals joining the church thats not to say i hate gays its just cause it clearly states in the bible!

To name two of thousands unrelated to the bible:
                      Medicinal Research. Leonardo Da Vinci had to pay a gravedigger in secret
                      to take bodies to a secret place so that he could dissect them late at night
                      in order to learn more about human beings. Were he to have been found
                      doing this he would have been branded heretic and probably witch, and killed.
                      Cosmology and Our Understanding of Our Universe. Copernicus waited
                      until he was nearly dead in order to release his views that our solar
                      system was sun centered, not earth-centered. Why? Because of the
                      fear of church backlash.
                      Considering these two intellectual pursuits lead only to an understanding
                      and the moral uses therein, again I have you dead to rights, with no
                      way out. If you have to ask what moral uses these have:
                      Healing the Ill, Understanding our Universe in order to be better humans.

What i meant is who are you to judge me, about me from my religon.

I didn't judge you about your religion. I said that you were wrong.
                      Which you are. You persisted in your folly, so then I judge you to be
                      an idiot. Congratulations.

oh and real mature comments about 'your not cool' i can tell im dealing with a preteen with an ignorant brain, get some intelligence and maturity then we can talk

I am talking, you are neither listening nor understanding.
                      I'm 28, stupid-head.

Care to back that up with some proof?

Let's see, downfall of religious and supersticious speculation based
                      on free distribution of knowledge: Vampires, Werewolves, Witches,
                      do not exist. Whether or not a person can survive being burned alive,
                      stoned, or thrown in a bag and tossed in a river, has nothing to do
                      with guilt or innocence. (The first supersitious AND some religious
                      beliefs, the latter trials enforced by religious leaders to determine
                      guilt or innocence.)

Hopefully this will be my last response to the topic if Sarien plays his cards right....
                      I did play my cards right, and proved you wrong at each turn you tried to
                      make. Hopefully, it WILL be your last post, ever, out of sheer embarrassment,
                      if nothing else. To everyone else, I am sincerely sorry about the length that
                      this went on. Sometimes I let my determination get the better of me, and
                      refuse to let an idiot just keep on being an idiot. I'll try to watch that in
                      any future posts.

-Sarien
                      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

im sick of this we can argue like this forever (but if you went to a rabbi and told him everything you just old me he will disprove you okay?) ,

go find solice in your science manuals and stop buggin me.

Comment

This thread is filled with "I don't believe and I think it's cool not to believe, so I go see a movie that doesn't appeal to me and then I tell people that the movie sucked because I don't believe"

I myself don't think I believe in God, I am raised as a christian but I don't really have beliefs. On the other hand I really like the bible as literature.
                          And I thought Jesus Christ Superstar was great.

Can't wait to go and see this movie.
                          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

LOLZ. I should have responded earlier on this, but oh well.

Troll, the metaphor was referring to the "Burn in hell." <-- Metaphor

PS: Sarien <3's to type, and is a genius! I love reading your posts. Thx for the enjoyment!

...Really.
                            http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/l...ature copy.gif
                            ^^^ My new sig i wasted 10 minutes of my life making! W00tz for mE! :D:cool:

I am Plasma.

Last edited by abrasion about 150 times because he can't fucking type.

Comment

nice reads Sariens. Some people are just better at argueing and organizing their thoughts than others. And some others have taken more time to think certain subjects through while as others like most humans, assume they know to be correct? heh. Anyway, I still have to see the movie, and i plan on going in there and watching the movie as a movie, as i would have read the bible as a book. Either way, I wouldn't know who the director/producers and such were aiming this movie towards but if they mass show it like this, i pressume it's for everyone.
                              www.10100.org

Comment

Originally posted by abrasion
                                Troll, the metaphor was referring to the "Burn in hell." <-- Metaphor
                                That's not a metaphor.

Comment

Working...
                                X