Passion of Christ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
    Dont be an idiot, you would have to be pretty uncultured to not know the basic plot (if you think this is a book) so therefore it would be fair assumption by the director to just jump in without a full explanation.
    Basic Plot. BASIC. This film was made for people who practice or study religion. It would be an ignorant assumption that I know the Bible... and so you and Mel Gibson can go fuck yourselves.
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Well D'UH.

Who did you think it was made for? Non-Christians, in an attempt to convert them? I mean, it's like coming out of a Quentin Tarantino film and saying you didn't like it because it was violent, or complaining about a vegetarian restaurant because the dishes weren't meaty enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
        Well D'UH.

Who did you think it was made for? Non-Christians, in an attempt to convert them? I mean, it's like coming out of a Quentin Tarantino film and saying you didn't like it because it was violent, or complaining about a vegetarian restaurant because the dishes weren't meaty enough.
        I didn't complain that it was too religious. I complained that maybe if he explained more of the story line, more people, ala me, would have liked it. I understand that most people are assumed to know the Bible, but my family does not.

Again, it was like assuming I know stuff about this religion that I don't. I think this makes this movie a decent movie, and not an epic. It's not horribly bad, but not as good as it is put up to be.
        Originally posted by Jeenyuss
        sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

i heard the book was much better
          plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

You're missing my point. You're expecting this to be a movie for everyone. It's not, and it shouldn't be expected to be. You can't compare this to other mainstream cinema and you can't ask for it follow Hollywood storytelling structures.

Gibson very well could have started at a couple trying to bum a room in Bethlehem, but no. The film isn't a biopic. It's about the last 12 hours of Christ, it was about suffering, and it was about sacrifice. Throwing in a flashback sequence isn't necessary for that goal. This is a very specific movie with a very specific purpose and a very specific direction. If you don't get that, don't star blaming Gibson for that.

This film didn't meet your expectations. Fine. It wasn't supposed to.

Now, just to make things clear first, I am not myself a Christian. I would say that I am spiritual, but I am not religious. There are a lot of thing I disagree with in Christianity, and I do view the Bible as a text. What I do have though is respect for other people's religions. That being said, it seems like all you want to do is complain about this movie and other "Bible bullshit". You say you are willing to learn and do not view your beliefs as the only right way, but it seems to me that you seem very bent on telling people what is a wrong way.

Comment

There are many examples but ill just give you one, the bible states that you can not eat rabbit because it chews its own cud scientists later conducted a study, that when they researched this they found that the rabbit doesnt chew its cud therefore the bible must be wrong! However with the breakthrough of new technology scientists were able to find that rabbits dont chew thier cud infront of people which shows why the previous finding was wrong and the bible was actually correct!
              unless you use more specific details (such as basic information about the study and quotes of scripture and include the verses so i can check for myself), it just sounds like rumor and embellishment.

and to be honest, a rabbit chewing cud doesn't carry the weight that would justify something with tremendous gravity, such as the existence of God. something that serious demands serious scientific proof---something indisputable.

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
                unless you use more specific details (such as basic information about the study and quotes of scripture and include the verses so i can check for myself), it just sounds like rumor and embellishment.

and to be honest, a rabbit chewing cud doesn't carry the weight that would justify something with tremendous gravity, such as the existence of God. something that serious demands serious scientific proof---something indisputable.
                First of all you can look up the specific quotes im not gonna write a whole essay just for you, i have better things to do with my time (but the quotes are there if you are interested,it is proven) secondly you are missing the whole point! Its the fact that the bible written several thousands of years ago made such a specific statement about animals, about which chew thier cuds and have spilt hooves that with all the new species discovered none is found to contradict it. I like to see you make an educated guess that specific that will hold true in the next 5000 years. No man can possibly guess what will happen in the next 5000 years and the fact that the bible did several times is remarkable.

There is enough science in the bible to hold true, you people just turn a blind eye to it and prefer to judge others and proven them wrong on thier 'stupid' beliefs by somehow thinking you can elevate yourself by doing this which i think its a very naive attitude to take.
                Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 03-08-2004, 05:04 AM.

Comment

First of all you can look up the specific quotes im not gonna write a whole essay just for you, i have better things to do with my time (but the quotes are there if you are interested,it is proven)
                  again, you make statements which you claim facts, and when asked to back them up, you refuse. in fact, i didn't even disagree with what you said. despite my better judgement, i kept an open mind and requested additional information to assist me on locating the studies and quotes.

why did you even reply to my post? do both of us a favor and don't bother to respond next time. it's pretty obvious you have no empirical basis for the ludicrous claims you make.

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
                    again, you make statements which you claim facts, and when asked to back them up, you refuse. in fact, i didn't even disagree with what you said. despite my better judgement, i kept an open mind and requested additional information to assist me on locating the studies and quotes.

why did you even reply to my post? do both of us a favor and don't bother to respond next time. it's pretty obvious you have no empirical basis for the ludicrous claims you make.
                    http://www.evcforum.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000182.html
                    There happy you fuck up, you can read all 41 pages but i dont have time, i cant believe im the one doing all the work for you! Im the one who believes not you, if you disbelieve then you must find contary scientific statements not me. If that doesnt answer your all your questions i suggest you get up from your arse and research, maybe ask a Rabbi or Priest.... it seems to me that you just want the short cut way of life, want others to do work for you you probably dont want to believe in G-d because it requires too much effort and thinking. Why dont you just piss off and stop being a drain on society!
                    Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 03-08-2004, 05:41 AM.

Comment

http://www.evcforum.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000182.html
                      There happy you fuck up, you can read all 41 pages but i dont have time, i cant believe im the one doing all the work for you! Im the one who believes not you, if you disbelieve then you must find contary scientific statements not me. If that doesnt answer your all your questions i suggest you get up from your arse and research, maybe ask a Rabbi or Priest.... it seems to me that you just want the short cut way of life, want others to do work for you you probably dont want to believe in G-d because it requires too much effort and thinking. Why dont you just piss off and stop being a drain on society!
                      what a fuckin drama queen. all you had to do was post the link in the first place, instead of going on and on about how your vagina itches too much.

Comment

Its the fact that the bible written several thousands of years ago made such a specific statement about animals, about which chew thier cuds and have spilt hooves that with all the new species discovered none is found to contradict it.
                        Last time I checked, Rabbits don't have hooves at all. Let alone split hooves?
                        More like.. Paws?
                        If you suggest that you meant either chew their cud or have split hooves?
                        Guess what cows do? Steak tastes good. Hamburgers taste good.
                        Bacon tastes good. If God didn't want people eating it, one would think
                        God would make it taste bad. If you start blathering about the bible,
                        you might as well toss into the mix all the recommended times when it's
                        appropriate to beat your kids to death, sacrifice goats, stone men to death
                        for wearing a dress, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

Two Quotes from Bertrand Russel, Why I Am Not A Christian:

"The objections to religion are of two sorts - intellectual and moral. The intellectual objection is that there is no reason to suppose any religion true; the moral objection is that religious precepts date from a time when men were more cruel than they are and therefore tend to perpetuate inhumanities which the moral conscience of the age would otherwise outgrow."

and

"I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world."

-Sarien
                        "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Jesus=Terrorist the whole reason why i didnt post it, is because i wanted you to do the research and put in the effort if i told you all the answers you wont read it, if you found all the answers yourself then there is more chance you would take them more seriously.

Sarien i never said rabbits have spilt hooves,

"If you suggest that you meant either chew their cud or have split hooves?
                          Guess what cows do? Steak tastes good. Hamburgers taste good.
                          Bacon tastes good. If God didn't want people eating it, one would think
                          God would make it taste bad"- your a fucking idiot.... if your gonna make stupid comments like that, then i suggest you state them to a religous leader.
                          But i will get you started, an underlying theme of the bible is freewill.

For those two quotes you stated, well im not christian but even i am offended by what you said. Pretenious, ignorant fool!
                          Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 03-08-2004, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE DORKFORCER
                            There are many examples but ill just give you one, the bible states that you can not eat rabbit because it chews its own cud

Hence me bringing up a cow because they also chew cud, yet jews and
                            christians the world over still eat beef.

However with the breakthrough of new technology scientists were able to find that rabbits dont chew thier cud infront of people

Which new technology is this? Hiding? That's supposing that is indeed true.

Such a specific statement in that time made by Moses clearly conveys that it was written by G-d as how else would Moses be able to make a judgement like that.

Obviously written by God.. or well.. Moses (if moses existed) saw a rabbit
                            doing it, and you know.. the rabbit didn't see him.

Also the bible states each animal which you can not eat (long story but these animals consist of having spilt hooves and chew its cud, it lists all the animals) and there still has not be any animal found that proves the bible wrong.

So basically all you're saying is that there has yet to be any animal found
                            that doesn't match up with the descriptions of the animals in the bible?
                            Wonder why that is. Maybe, it's because the bible doesn't list every
                            animal in the world, and the ones it does list are well known? Such as
                            rabbit.. pig.. Who needs a bible when you can get a Speak and Say?

your a fucking idiot.... if your gonna make stupid comments like that, then i suggest you state them to a religous leader.
                            But i will get you started, an underlying theme of the bible is freewill.

Yeah I've always loved free will under the threat of eternal damnation.
                            Awesome stuff, that. It's like Free Will - Lite.
                            In short, you call me the fucking idiot, when all you have to say is utter
                            and complete balderdash. You even suppose to call Bertrand Russel, one
                            of the greatest philosophers of the past century, a pretentious, ignorant
                            fool. Lemme tell you somethin', chumpy. You should honestly and truly
                            feel ashamed of yourself for the way you behave. You're sub-par for
                            the likes of anything I've seen you write. A dolphin with an ink pen jammed
                            through its fin, could flop around wildly on paper and manage to somehow
                            write something that made more sense than what you manage to turn out.
                            And to everyone else, My apologies for the length of this post.

-Sarien

Reinstate Me.

Comment

The reason why jews are allowed to eat cows is because it chews its cud and has spilt hooves! (once agian get your facts straight!)

The breakthrough technology has something to do with electronics, i dont know the science of it but since science seems to be your religon maybe you could tell me?

The bible listed all the animals that chews its cud and has spilt hooves, theres hasnt been any other animal found that isnt mentioned in the bible under this category!

You cant see with the naked eye, if a rabbit chews its cud!

The old testament does not believe in eternal damnation!

Yes i believe that anyone who states those comments about religon and how it is the cause of moral decay is an idiot. Since many people turn to the bible in times of strife and some prisons in America have adopted teaching the bible to inmates since many prisoners have found a better and legal way of life through the bible!

o im sorry im getting to emotional for you, but in all fairness this is my religon and who are you to state contary to it.You peolple think your so dam smart cause you dont believe in G-d well your not all you atheist should learn to shut up
                              Anything else you would like to dispute?
                              Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM.

Comment

The reason why jews are allowed to eat cows is because it chews its cud and has spilt hooves! (once agian get your facts straight!)

Okee Dokee, Not a Jew or a Cow, so not my area of expertise.

The breakthrough technology has something to do with electronics, i dont know the science of it but since science seems to be your religon maybe you could tell me?

No, I couldn't because it doesn't make any sense.

The bible listed all the animals that chews its cud and has spilt hooves, theres hasnt been any other animal found that isnt mentioned in the bible under this category!

The Exact Quotation Leviticus 1:1-23 does not name specific meats
                                that can be eaten it just says ruminant + clovenhoof. But if you take
                                into account every animal mentioned in the bible you may also add
                                these kosher meats not listed in the bible:
                                Addax, Antelope, Bison, Gazelle, Giraffe, and Ibex.
                                If you mean the forbidden meats listed in that passage not being found,
                                outside of the bible, this will be amusing.
                                Llama, and most especially funny since you're from Australia.
                                A Kangaroo chews its cud.
                                So either way you are wrong.

You cant see with the naked eye, if a rabbit chews its cud!

Yes you can, the same way you can with a cow.
                                If an animal is chewing the hell out of something it didn't just put in its
                                mouth, guess what it's doing?

Yes i believe that anyone who states those comments about religon and how it is the cause of moral decay is an idiot. Since many people turn to the bible in times of strife and some prisons in America have adopted teaching the bible to inmates since many prisoners have found a better and legal way of life through the bible!

Obviously you didn't read or understand the Russel quotes. Nothing about
                                Moral Decay, but an enemy to Moral Progress. Since the foundation, the
                                church has stood directly opposed to each and every progress that did
                                not jibe with their dogma.

this is my religon and who are you to state contary to it.

Someone with an opinion. Also I'd like to go on record
                                as stating that contrary to your other beliefs you cannot fly, and
                                regardless of what your mother says, You are not cool.

all you atheist should learn to shut up

Yes, because as is well known the principle downfall of religion and
                                superstition is the distribution of knowledge.

Anything else you would like to dispute?
                                I dunno, I think I did a pretty decent job of disputing you on that so far.
                                I think I need to be the one asking you, is there any more of your half
                                baked nonsense you'd like to bring up so it can be shot down?

-THE SARIEN (hehe, couldn't resist)

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Working...
                                X