This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foobarz
    If it was just in chat, I wouldn't have noticed it. None of my quotes are from their chats.

And while ?chats aren't regulated by TW, that doesn't mean they are necessarily private. There's no rule that you have to keep quiet on things people say in chat, and while I generally do, I don't feel an obligation to keep someone's racism a secret.

Also, "Awesome," why might I ask are you defending the racists?
    "foobarz", i was not defending the act of racism or hating a group of people. Anyone who was on staff when i was can even tell you that i was more against the whole 'racism' thing when i was there, not because i was offended or something but because people were blatently breaking the rules and getting away with it. I thought it should be longer bans, and less warning for it. In this case, I was defending their right to say it more than what they said. They didn't do anything illegal. They said it on a private ?chat.

You don't have to be politically correct of a private ?chat ... and they as you (and i, earlier) both said, ?chat's are NOT regulated by tw. That is where they are allowed to say whatever they want. If they had said it in pub chat or something, then fine, i could understand maybe some frustration, but now you are just whining saying no one should be allowed to say what you dont wanna hear. They can only say what you want them to say. It's like you're worse than one of those religious types who try to force their beliefs on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Thors
      Prime exmaple of staff not caring.
      Not only do we not care, everything on the forums we say regarding any issue is how every staff member feels about it.
      Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
      i just wish it was longer
      Originally posted by Cops
      it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Shriek is free to say whatever they want on chat, after all, chats are private. If you see Shriek members being racist in public, you are free to use the ?cheater command.

Comment

Did you read what I said, Awesome? "If it was just in chat, I wouldn't have noticed it. None of my quotes are from their chats."

The stuff they were saying in chats they started saying in ?go base. Someone on shriek who was terring (I believe it was Cig Smoke but it might have been someone else) was calling the opposing team a racist term after he died. And I've seen them say it publicly or in team chat at least 2 other times.

?cheater calls for racists don't do much though. The staff ignores it if they haven't seen it, so it has to happen again, then they usually get a warning and it has to happen again, in effect making them say it three times within a short period of time to get kicked for even a limited period of time.

But the chat name was just one example of the general racism within Shriek. It's part of their group culture and their social norms. The Shriek people see others in their group being racist and find it "funny" and well accepted, so they start to do it themselves. There are a lot of well documented psychological effects that happen when people are in a group, and they gradually become like others in the group.
          1:Zerzera> aura shut up
          1:Zerzera> you hate my recruits because I am muslim
          jdigs3> jdigs offers u his protection

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
            RUH ROH!
            Stab ended this before it even started fellas.
            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

So, one thing I first might state, is that I'm white. But I hate racists.
              RACISM! :eek:

Even their chat has it in its name (their chat is ?chat=tw4n_____s (without the blanks), and just this moment, I checked it and mess,Nimrook,ruine,merce were in there)
              Their squadchat?

btw, "<prohibited word>" is somehow funny. hm... I remember when someone asked in our school if the word "neger"(which is "the n word" in german) comes from "negative" :/
              Last edited by Rodge_Rabbit; 06-06-2004, 08:30 AM.
              YOU ARE THE 1,000,000,000TH VISITOR IN MY SIG!
              Click here to receive your price!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
                And no, you can't say I'm writing this because I hate shriek, we beat them this afternoon (playing without 2 star players because of their timeslot they chose) and so I don't see any reason that getting them dissolved would help my squad- they've given us a 3-0.
                you guys squeaked out a win because we stupidly played a jav who went 40-60 with 19tks and only 1 tek. congratulations, well see you in playoffs where we will play 5 spids and the game wont even be close. nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by Profound Magician
                  I thought "<prohibited word>" was pretty funny.
                  ^^
                  Last edited by Rodge_Rabbit; 06-06-2004, 08:30 AM.
                  RaCka> how can i get you here
                  death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                  RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                  death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

I think there are 3 possibilities:

1. They like saying <prohibited word> because it pisses people like you off, and is just generally about as socially rebellious as you can be in subspace.

2. They are a bunch of guys saying <prohibited word> because they think its funny, are/were just messing around, and it has become a repetitive bad joke that went too far.

OR

3. A bunch of people who all share a common hatred for blacks got together to form a subspace squad, or magically, 5 of 5 people known to use the word "<prohibited word>" and hate blacks in tw all landed on one squad.

what do you think? i think that it's definitely not time to jump to the conclusion that they are flat out racist. ive used the word retard, ive used the word fag, and i hate neither group. there is a big difference between a cross burner and a teenager with an immature sense of humor. as long as they spew this shit in private chat, amongst people who have obviously chosen to take part in it or atleast tolerate it or they wouldnt be on the chat, and it remains in the form of bad jokes/taunts, then i think its none of anyone's business. nothing is worse than a tattle-tale sticking their nose in other people's shit.
                    Last edited by Rodge_Rabbit; 06-06-2004, 08:32 AM.
                    There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

cuji> all they do is fight and steal.

Thats true.

Comment

haha that dude had to ask how to take a screenshot! ,

this whole post can be solved simply:

Trench Wars Rule #4 : don't be racist.

we have screenshots of certain players being racist, they should be punished accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitRapist
                          haha that dude had to ask how to take a screenshot! ,

this whole post can be solved simply:

Trench Wars Rule #4 : don't be racist.

we have screenshots of certain players being racist, they should be punished accordingly.
                          Hooray!

Comment

?cheater calls for racists don't do much though. The staff ignores it if they haven't seen it, so it has to happen again, then they usually get a warning and it has to happen again, in effect making them say it three times within a short period of time to get kicked for even a limited period of time.
                            The only thing that bothers me regarding the racism policy is the inconsistency. Some words or bannable, but others arent. "But some words are more severe there others".. true, but thats still relative geographiclly and personally.

If some groups are protected and other aren't, all that does is create real hate for the protected group.
                            SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

lolol foobarz you're so dumb. Now Shriek has to change their squadchat. €€
                              YOU ARE THE 1,000,000,000TH VISITOR IN MY SIG!
                              Click here to receive your price!

Comment

Nobody knows Shriek's chat is tw4nerds
                                6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                                3 league vet

Comment

Working...
                                X