If you stopped playing, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Voth View Post
    qan I'm sure would be happy to confirm that action has been taken even quite recently against this sort of thing, so don't take it from me if you don't want to.
    Yes, that's correct. Openly-LGBTQ members of the community are now protected against hate speech relating to their gender and sexual identity.

2pac: Despite the fact that you're condescending and completely full of yourself, I'd still like to respond. We (a group of 10-15 different people from the community) selected the host for the server as a group. The BBB complaints seem to all relate to billing and support, and seem to result from the company not responding to them. The fact that restarting the server fixes issues for most people seems to suggest it may actually have more to do with how the server interacts with a modern version of Windows than where it's hosted, or perhaps how it's virtualized. The old server ran on a version that no host offers any longer. We're dealing with a very old game that we don't have the code for, unfortunately. It's a pretty unique situation in the history of video games and we're extremely lucky to be able to continue as long as we have, especially as it's only been through the work of the community which continues to support it with volunteered hours found in the margins of already busy schedules.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
      Yes, that's correct. Openly-LGBTQ members of the community are now protected against hate speech relating to their gender and sexual identity.

2pac: Despite the fact that you're condescending and completely full of yourself, I'd still like to respond. We (a group of 10-15 different people from the community) selected the host for the server as a group. The BBB complaints seem to all relate to billing and support, and seem to result from the company not responding to them. The fact that restarting the server fixes issues for most people seems to suggest it may actually have more to do with how the server interacts with a modern version of Windows than where it's hosted, or perhaps how it's virtualized. The old server ran on a version that no host offers any longer. We're dealing with a very old game that we don't have the code for, unfortunately. It's a pretty unique situation in the history of video games and we're extremely lucky to be able to continue as long as we have, especially as it's only been through the work of the community which continues to support it with volunteered hours found in the margins of already busy schedules.
      blah blah blah

Whenever you do a trace on the server huge packetloss even with other vpns or your gaming vpn, its the server thats the problem its F rating for a reason because its TRASH even pubg mobile got better server than TW.

Learn from Hockey zone another zone that's thriving with volunteered hours and they have a better support system than TW ever will and on top of that the server doesn't lag as much as tw. Yeah people got stupid busy schedules during a pandemic where ppl home, clearly you never make sense qan.

Remove the res limits qan, an high intelligent sysop would see twd stats and wonder why its so inactive because he let some troll breath named beam allow res change. If you want me to post stats lmk you all about numbers right bud.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 2pac; 12-15-2020, 08:47 PM.
      https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

A lot of people I know (including myself) are putting in far more hours now that we're working from home; there's a lot that's had to be adjusted to make life work. It's utterly exhausting.

As for the res limit change, I don't think you can find a single individual to pin the blame on there, though I've seen you try. Frankly, you're acting like a child. That was a community change. For better or for worse, that's what the majority wanted. All I can say is that I'm sorry it upsets you so much, and I hope with time you'll be able to come to terms with it. Consider the stages of the grieving process: https://www.healthline.com/health/stages-of-grief You're at the second one right now. The sooner you can find a way to move on emotionally, the better off you'll be in the long term.

As you're an extremely unpleasant person to talk to (something I'm sure you've heard many times, and not just in-game), I'll leave off here.
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

A lot of people I know (including myself) are putting in far more hours now that we're working from home; there's a lot that's had to be adjusted to make life work. It's utterly exhausting.

As for the res limit change, I don't think you can find a single individual to pin the blame on there, though I've seen you try. Frankly, you're acting like a child. That was a community change. For better or for worse, that's what the majority wanted. All I can say is that I'm sorry it upsets you so much, and I hope with time you'll be able to come to terms with it. Consider the stages of the grieving process: https://www.healthline.com/health/stages-of-grief You're at the second one right now. The sooner you can find a way to move on emotionally, the better off you'll be in the long term.

As you're an extremely unpleasant person to talk to (something I'm sure you've heard many times, and not just in-game), I'll leave off here.
          Far more hours of what spectating? Great job you've done that for the entire past decade.

You see the stats for twd? You clearly don't know shit about this game or how to run it or else you'd see more population in tw.

Just making you realize how much of a effect beam has on the zone and he killed twd and you don't see this so you're clearly a clown.

You can type on a 2d game not talk on it as there isn't a functionality for that yet, maybe if you got ya head out your ass and and did some client updates or have priitk give u some knowledge.

Im just a savage ass dude from the streets I dont gotta be pleasant unless I have to be, this aint a liking contest wake up you narco commie.

10-15 people chose that ass breath laggy server and you were one of them, fucking retire from this game pathetic sysop of all time and fucked up pub so bad that people cant even LT anymore.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

I'm glad the new rules are in place. Thank you qan and biet.. and i suppose tucker lol.
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Family and business/work are the common symptoms. I tend to play in bunches but then take time off to focus more time with family or work or my business. I think for most of us this game is so nostalgic and addicting that once you start playing, you're all in or not at all. At least, thats how I operate.
              Rasaq> thanks, Divine, for allowing me provide my oral support
              Rasaq> err moral

Comment

Qan, you put in a lot of work for this zone and trust me, your efforts are very much appreciated. You also are extremely civil even after all the vitriol 2pac spews at you.

Also, why does he continue to harass you over res limits. The majority of people want to see a more uniform gaming experience that is simulated for league action. This actually benefits him, because he now must adapt to those guidelines rather than providing a false sense of security of playing on a resolution that is prohibited in leagues. This was a community vote!!!! Not a qan vote!!!!

Comment

guy with 7 posts trying to vs me man, someone please pick up this clown on aisle 10

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                    guy with 7 posts trying to vs me man, someone please pick up this clown on aisle 10
                    Not even trying to vs you dude. That’s the problem. You are always so defensive and in attack mode, you can’t have a rationale conversion unless it involves personally attacking people.

Comment

It's also really demoralising to have to keep reporting laggots. Reported this guy for several days before a staffer responded. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wChNKoJOm2Y Whatever lag limits are supposed to exist aren't actually enforced with any useful regularity.

Comment

this game is actual peepee poopoo
                        Originally posted by Tone
                        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                        Originally posted by the_paul
                        Gargle battery acid fuckface
                        Originally posted by Material Girl
                        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

i got a mac and also moved to korea, which seems to be the worst timezone to play in. plus i got old

Comment

Damn.

qan really hit em with the healthline double guac.

Legend.

Comment

My Goal was accomplished.
                              Thus I had no further need.

Last edited by rothe; 12-19-2020, 11:41 AM. Reason: Also on the edit side lighten the fk up ppl and laugh more

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                                It's also really demoralising to have to keep reporting laggots. Reported this guy for several days before a staffer responded. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wChNKoJOm2Y Whatever lag limits are supposed to exist aren't actually enforced with any useful regularity.
                                as much as i think rab is a faggot, laggots like terminator also annoys the hell out of me and it's definitely gotten worse over the past couple of years

terminator has always been a laggot and more often than not, the way he is jumping around on the recording is identical to how i see him. and i've watched him being automatically spec'd constantly before he tries playing again - shouldn't there be a spec-lock for someone who does this? it *does* make gameplay a bit shit and whilst we may tolerate some lag, blatant lagging like the above example only serves to make people whine and bitch about it, here and in-game, and yes... it is unfair. is there nothing that can be done?

Comment

Working...
                                X