The shark problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by godisdead View Post

I'm only interested in constructive arguments so I'm going to leave it here. The points have been made on both sides so thank you for your contributions, at least the earlier ones.

Thanks for participating.

I understand that it can be hard for a shark player to accept the reality and the actual facts that I stated in the first post of this topic. Maybe you should step out of your comfort zone and start learning to play and win games with some other ships than shark.

Have a nice day.
    "Studies show that people diagnosed with Internet gaming disorder are more likely to be aggressive, depressed, and anxious. The main mechanism that leads to those comorbidities is their inability to regulate and control their emotions, such as anger, sadness, fear, or other emotions."

Comment

I haven't read if someone suggested this or not: Can we make the Shark mines and bombs do 80% damage, or random, instead of full? Shark is slightly OP for pub.

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
        I haven't read if someone suggested this or not: Can we make the Shark mines and bombs do 80% damage, or random, instead of full? Shark is slightly OP for pub.
        The limit system I suggested would solve everything. IMO they shouldn't have ever changed any settings, they we're just fine from the beginning. Original settings and original map, that is.. or was Trenchwars for me.
        "Studies show that people diagnosed with Internet gaming disorder are more likely to be aggressive, depressed, and anxious. The main mechanism that leads to those comorbidities is their inability to regulate and control their emotions, such as anger, sadness, fear, or other emotions."

Comment

I and many other like the new settings. Attach mode keeps even small games alive and not having to travel up from deepest subspace after each death is a welcome change. The weasel is better and the levs doesn't ruin games. The settings are about right as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by godisdead View Post
            I and many other like the new settings. Attach mode keeps even small games alive and not having to travel up from deepest subspace after each death is a welcome change. The weasel is better and the levs doesn't ruin games. The settings are about right as they are.
            Attachmode may be good sometimes until like max 4vs4 teams, depending of which ships are being used. With bigger teams attachmode is not needed and turns game into a mess. There is ship 5 which you can attach to.

Comment

Originally posted by Subspacer2001 View Post
              With bigger teams attachmode is not needed and turns game into a mess. There is ship 5 which you can attach to.
              Quite often no one wants to play ship 5, or suddenly a teams terrier may leave the game (meaning no one can attach into base).

This is why attachmode is so often purchased by someone wanting to keep the game going, quite often the game can quickly break up and dissipate without it.

Its a great addition to the game and it's a shame no one thought of it earlier.

Comment

Maybe the costs of game-changing modes should increase with number of active pub-freq players.

Perhaps we could alter the mine duration more dynamically too.

I would also like to see all mine damage not affected by the powerball and have a purepub option to remove the powerball power-up for a duration.

Possibly even have a mode that would double TK taxes and halve tolerance for TKs - this would be very useful with a lot of repped mines and bombs about.

I thought part of the purpose of pub was to let you learn/practice the ships used in leagues which would make basic changes to these ships a bad idea.

Comment

shark is part of the game, am not certain how to address that = there should be some staff discussion weather players get that or not uncertain
                  TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
                  TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
                  TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
                  ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

Working...
                  X