Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone always suggests usage limits (page 1, and probably more... but I read half of page 1 and skipped to the end). I've been playing four years and I have about 3800 hours of usage, but there are plenty of people I consider to be more elite than me, and more than half of those have way less usage. I think there should be a way to only allow people in who have been playing for a certain amount of time. Its easy to idle and get hours, but it's a little harder to come up with a name created before MM/DD/YYYY. This could be done using something like "if ?userid>XXXXXX" then player may not enter. That would work because userid is directly linked to how old the name is. That would effectively stop idling newbies. Just a thought.
    3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
    3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
    MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

• maybe i need to start up a squad and fill it with pubbers. round up a bunch of new guys and continually weed out the bad eggs. it wouldn't be a competitive squad perse, but a squad of cool duders. then again, maybe that'd never work. maybe it's too idealisitic a goal. i really can't think of any other way to get in touch with the younger generation, to find the new fun people to replace the old fun people.
      I would join.

I have been playing for a year and even when I kill people I still get "luck newb" I even go 5:0 against them and it is still always "luck newb". I dunno maybe I just want to be agknowleged(sp?) by better players. It seems that most vets never talk because you are not what they consider "l33t" it needs to stop.

I know of the bitches in elim that say ez,owned all that crap and it pisses me off too. Maybe like an MMORPG make it so that if they say the same thing 3 times in 5 minutes then it won't let them say it anymore. Or perhaps Prittk can input a new feature allowing players to use a "Ban word list" so if anyone says it it just doesn't appear on your screen.
      1:Sumpson> SSC wants to be facist

"The only thing that can ruin this game is the player community." -BD Vine, Sonera
      Corporation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blindmonkey21
        Or perhaps Prittk can input a new feature allowing players to use a "Ban word list" so if anyone says it it just doesn't appear on your screen.
        Isn't that ?obscene ?

Comment

• hey dudes!

as far as my tone goes, and those who may have been offended, i refer you to this post i made earlier in this thread:

"i went about things the wrong way when i started this thread, expressing my distaste for the current state of things in the wrong way. i suppose i was a little confused as to just what exactly has become missing from the zone. it's the stand-out personalities as TK and others have said. i can and have put up with the shitheads, but it becomes difficult to do that when you don't have fun people to balance things out. project, i really try not to actually play the game too much anymore. it always leads to some form of frustration. i'm with rich. it's the community that i'm sticking around for. call me a nerd if you will, but i think of the friends i've made in this community just as i think of my friends in real life. i'm interested in what's going on in their lives. i enjoy talking to them, laughing with them, the whole nine yards. i may not physically spend time with them, but sitting on a chat with them now and again is sufficient for me.

i'm just being a nostalgic, stubborn stick in the mud at this point. and that's what i should have posted from the get go. i should have entitled the thread "our community is at an all-time level of suck" because that's how i truly feel. it's easy to misdirect your feelings when you're feeling shitty though.

maybe i need to start up a squad and fill it with pubbers. round up a bunch of new guys and continually weed out the bad eggs. it wouldn't be a competitive squad perse, but a squad of cool duders. then again, maybe that'd never work. maybe it's too idealisitic a goal. i really can't think of any other way to get in touch with the younger generation, to find the new fun people to replace the old fun people.

so yeah, anyway, i just want to reiterate and stress that it wasn't my intention to come off sounding like a vet with an ego. i don't think of myself as a vet. i don't believe in the concept. i'm just being a nostalgic, stubborn stick in the mud."

rion, to be perfectly honest with you bud, i don't recall you attempting to strike up a conversation with me. this could be due to any number of reasons. a large majority of the time that i spend logged into the game these days, i'm alt-tabbed, working on a piece of writing, or doing some web/graphic design, programming, etc. i often forget to flip back to the chat window and see what's up. as for not responding while i was playing, that's because i was playing. i wasn't singling you out. if i'm in the middle of a base game or something of that nature, i generally don't respond to anyone. oh, and if you were speaking in pub chat, i've thrown ?nopubchat in my auto-exec to filter out the constant stream of ez/pwnd/gg/newb comments. so there again, i wasn't singling you out.

sixtoo, i hear ya. i suppose you're right in saying that i'm stuck in an illusion. some say it's just a game. it is in fact a game to most. i really don't think of it as a game anymore to be honest. sure, there is the "game" in the sense that when i'm actually playing, i'm playing just a "game." to me, subspace, and trench wars specifically, is a community. it's my other group of friends (the ones i haven't met face to face, yet), and we all know it sucks to lose touch with a group of friends. that's the situation i find myself in.

bounty*killer, ever heard of the expression, "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."? read the first part of this post again. i addressed my original tone, and admitted i was too harsh. i doubt you took the time to read the whole thread, hence your bitingly sarcastic and completely unnecessary response. way to be man, way to be.

blindmonkey, starting up a squad and rounding up some cool new guys is still under discussion at this point. i know i don't have enough time to put into it right now in order to make it a success, so i'm talking with some friends in the hopes that i can get some help to get it off the ground. i'll keep you posted.

i guess i covered everything. then again, maybe not. this post is getting really fucking long. even i'm forgetting where i was going. i'll post more thoughts later.

adios!
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PEGASiS
            Everyone always suggests usage limits (page 1, and probably more... but I read half of page 1 and skipped to the end). I've been playing four years and I have about 3800 hours of usage, but there are plenty of people I consider to be more elite than me, and more than half of those have way less usage. I think there should be a way to only allow people in who have been playing for a certain amount of time. Its easy to idle and get hours, but it's a little harder to come up with a name created before MM/DD/YYYY. This could be done using something like "if ?userid>XXXXXX" then player may not enter. That would work because userid is directly linked to how old the name is. That would effectively stop idling newbies. Just a thought.
            Alot of players switch names during their subspacing career so that doesn't work unless you have to register with your oldest name, then you'd have a lot of noobs with names like Topgod, or Blood Axe or EVASIVE_.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.
            . â–²
            ▲ ▲

Comment

• aha

EVASIVE_

:]
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

• One thing I've noticed, gameplay-wise, is that lately people have been settling for lazy, camping kills. The best players have always been good shots, but they can do them in motion. Even in basing, I'd take a player who can keep moving and fluid. Today you'll see people settling in certain positions and dumbly repeating the same shots again and again. Over the last couple of years, the most obvious example of this is with javs because many people find themselves hypnotically amazed by the bouncing shot, but you'll increasingly see other ships like spiders, warbirds and especially lancs just parking and firing. With lancs, I can understand it being a fairly good strategy with the spreading shot, and with spiders you might need to create a barrier of bullets to stop people, but I see warbirds doing it a lot, and to me, they're taking away one of the ship's strengths, it's maneuverability. I think that a lot of new players just can't fly as well as in the past, and the habit of camping is causing it.

Comment

• I have definitely seen wreckless mig in TW. You are a bold-faced liar my friend.

...I like that. Keep up the good work.
                  1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                  1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                  1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                  1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

• I know exactly what Jason means about this being more than a game. Let me start by saying that I do have a life out of subspace. I work two jobs (both are part time) and I am a full time student at a University. I have a girlfriend, and I have plenty going on in my life. I don't get on subspace as much as I did when I was 15, but I still try to get on at least four days a week. I don't get online to play subspace though... I get online to talk. I don't use instant messenger, and that's because the people I want to talk to online are in SS. Sure, I play the game, but I don't focus on the competitive aspect any more. Now, it's all about getting online to talk to "the community"--because that's what it is. I feel ya Jason.
                    3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
                    3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                    MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

• I think I was on a squad with you as Mig ... you fucking newb, I love ya. Peace~
                      DELETED

Comment

• Originally posted by Vykromond
                        Good point. There's a superiority complex that has developed among the older players that's difficult to penetrate.
                        Vyk, did you hear something?
                        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

• thankfully i'm at an all-time level of super sweetness
                          PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dim
                            If you're suggesting bounty*killer is new, then you are wrong. He is not, I just don't think he liked Jason's tone.
                            Listen: I don't fucking care if people are "new" or "old" or "middle-aged."

I was 'suggesting' that he's an idiot.
                            Originally posted by Ward
                            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

• Go die already Jason.
                              LAME - http://lame.twzone.net

Comment

• f-hag
                                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                                X