This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those were the days

way back when all i did was flay a lanc and have fun i was the newb not that im defendin the idiots but remember you were the newb once too some suk hard rocks but some are real cool just deal and remember there were idiots when you first started and some of them are still around its a game get a grip play something hosted or ?go base if ya wanna have a decent basing experience

[QUOTE=Jason]and i don't know how to fix it :<
    "hint" its your job as a vet to teach the newbs if your gonna sit in pubs lol :grin:
    ?find dads revenge

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerome
      OK here is a history of Jerome for the haters.

2000: Wreckless MiG, DSB.
      2001: Wreckless MiG, various non-SSC zones. Helps run SSXH.
      2002: Wreckless MiG/Conceive: SSN Omega Fire. I start a TW pub squad with a friend, xUprisinGx. After a few WB kills, we go to DSB, and that is my pre-Jerome TW experience. I get SMod, then SysOp of SSNC Omega Fire, a position I keep for two years.
      2003: Conceive (Omega Fire)/Scallowag (Death Star Battle): SSCN/CW/CX Omega Fire. During this time I meet ToKeD, who I hire as staff for Omega Fire. I also find out that my close friend Neal Blackman plays SS, as Purpose. He introduces me to Tonight/Spawner/Worm/Teach/etc. He gives me Jerome. I adopt it as my 'TW' persona, and register the name on forums. But I typo the email, making Jerome lost. So I register Jerome Scuggs. Thus I have TW connections, and sometimes even went to TW to watch them jav, but if you call that active commuity support then i'm divine rides.
      2004: Conceive (Omega Fire)/Scallowag (Death Star Battle)/Jerome(Trench Wars): After Sass takes over Omega Fire due to my inactivity from the game, Omega Fire goes downwards. DSB is also changing, and I didn't like the changes so I slowly slid away from the game. I begin visiting forums alot, and this includes TW forums. My rep gets big enough to catch the attention of Machine of God, who finds me in SubSpace one day and invites me to join Juice. This was also partially because he knew I was Wreckless MiG, and when I spent those few hours in TW literally a few years ago I asked him to join our squad and he declined, so maybe he was feeling sentimental

I believe from there you know the rest. So yes - I have physically been in TW before that. Yes, Jerome wasn't MADE in 2004, but starting in January with 5 minutes of usage? Close enough. I came to TW in 2004 not expecting to make it my new 'home zone' (I had been trying a shot at SVS) and look where I am now.
      o my fucking god, YOU were wreckless mig? I never knew! That guy was so cool, and I thought he quit or died of cancer or something. B)
      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
      5: Da1andonly> =((
      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

• Heya.

This is going some way back in the thread... I've read this thread like, backwards, but anyway...

Jason, you were saying that these "new guys" (Yeah, I'm new, I've played for about a year.) either don't talk, or are assholes when they do. However, I have several times tried to start a friendly conversation with you and other "older generation" players, talking about anything from the game itself to music or whatever, but recalling what happened with you, I was simply ignored while you just continued to play, so I thought I'd PM you because I thought I'd chat about something you said on the forums I found interesting, but I got a reply along the lines of "yeah", and nothing further.

Or Stabwound, Pearl Jam, etc. I try to talk to people about music that I know we have a similar taste with from the forums, but the "Who the fuck is this guy? I'll just ignore him and carry on." thing comes in.

With some "older generation" players we "newer generation" get the feeling that we are somehow less worthy of conversation, almost in the way of at schools, oh NOES the popular people must NOT speak to teh nerds! It loses you popularity points!

Anyway, regardless I have nothing against you or anyone else for that matter. I'm typing this at work and this keyboard sucks, so I'm done.

Have a good day you guys
        G[y]Ro> omfg
        G[y]Ro> u nerds
        G[y]Ro> NERDS
        G[y]Ro> ALL OF U

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason
          and i don't know how to fix it :<

you enter an arena and you recognize maybe (BIG maybe) 2 out of 20 names

you play a game of base with all those unfamiliar characters and it's a shitty, poorly played, boring game

you go to elim and baseelim, it's overcrowded like whoa with, you guessed it, more of those people you don't know

our zone became overrun with a newer generation of players at some point (i missed it i guess) and these new dudes suck

they're boring people, unimaginative, young and therefore immature to the point of being deserving of a bitchslap or two

fuck me

no really, fuck me

it can only get worse

what a terrible realization

how can we make it better?

your thoughts?

i have none at the moment

none that are all that good

and now it's time to hit submit new thread

OMFG nice post plz STFU. This is one of the saddest threads ever. CRy more plz.
          sigpic

Comment

• Guys, I think we found the problem.
            Originally posted by Ward
            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

• Originally posted by Rion.
              Heya.

This is going some way back in the thread... I've read this thread like, backwards, but anyway...

Jason, you were saying that these "new guys" (Yeah, I'm new, I've played for about a year.) either don't talk, or are assholes when they do. However, I have several times tried to start a friendly conversation with you and other "older generation" players, talking about anything from the game itself to music or whatever, but recalling what happened with you, I was simply ignored while you just continued to play, so I thought I'd PM you because I thought I'd chat about something you said on the forums I found interesting, but I got a reply along the lines of "yeah", and nothing further.

Or Stabwound, Pearl Jam, etc. I try to talk to people about music that I know we have a similar taste with from the forums, but the "Who the fuck is this guy? I'll just ignore him and carry on." thing comes in.

With some "older generation" players we "newer generation" get the feeling that we are somehow less worthy of conversation, almost in the way of at schools, oh NOES the popular people must NOT speak to teh nerds! It loses you popularity points!

Anyway, regardless I have nothing against you or anyone else for that matter. I'm typing this at work and this keyboard sucks, so I'm done.

Have a good day you guys
              Good point. There's a superiority complex that has developed among the older players that's difficult to penetrate.

Then again, there's Bounty*Killer.
              Originally posted by Ward
              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

• [OFFTOPIC: Vykromond go back to your robot avatar it was so cool ]

G[y]Ro> omfg
                G[y]Ro> u nerds
                G[y]Ro> NERDS
                G[y]Ro> ALL OF U

Comment

• The point of having a new generation is for us to pass on the skills to this new generation. If you teach a small group of 'potentials', they in turn, would pass it on to their friends. But, nothing is gonna change if we don't take the first step.

What would TW be like when us experienced ... 'vets' you could say, didn't teach anyone anything?

Dameon Angell> ?help Player 125 is spamming racism in elim.
                  *a minute later*
                  (PunkRockFan394 <ER>)> LOLOLOLOLOL NOOOOOOOOOOOOB CRYBABY CRYYYYYYYY! LOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! EZ!!

or if a game starts...

LOL Newbiez0rz ?go trenchwars so I can pwnz0r you! -BritneyFan159 <ER>

And then, playing in pub....

I_Rock_!!!! <ZH>> PubPlayer1 just got OWNED by a TW Staffer EZZZ

We're like the adults, and we need to teach the children, or it'll all just go downhill from here and all these players could one day run this zone. I'm not saying to be a Saint to every player in here. But, if you see someone who looks untainted , try to pick up some untapped talent for your squad or whatever, and then send him back out into the pubs, etc*. He'll tell his friends how the good players act, and hopefully it'll spread, if not slowly, it'll spread.
                  Last edited by Dameon Angell; 11-30-2004, 12:56 PM.
                  DELETED

Comment

• If you're suggesting bounty*killer is new, then you are wrong. He is not, I just don't think he liked Jason's tone.
                    EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                    cool koen> :)
                    PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                    cool koen> not because of a bug
                    EvoLd> Lol
                    Treachery> meh
                    EvoLd> why then?
                    PubAceR> women in power dont last
                    EvoLd> LOl
                    toaster oven reviews

Comment

• It's people like deluge who go around doing the ZLOZlzoLzozLZOzLOZLzoZLozlZzLzOzLozlzZOZZLzzlzozlZ OlOOLo im elite,
                      that get on my nerves.

Rion I have a lot of people talk to me like that too but normally it's while I'm actually playing the game or I'm not at the computer or something. It's not always a clear cut example of 'Im better then you, leave me alone'
                      7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                      1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                      8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                      Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                      Piston> I own in belim
                      6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

• You've already lost before you start if you bought into that, frodo :greedy:
                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                        Failure teaches success.
                        . â–²
                        ▲ ▲

Comment

• Kim im so hungry can you bring me some food
                          8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                          Piston> I own in belim

Comment

• I'm bout to fry up some pork chops in rice, wit some nice bbq sause, soy, n veggies mix hollar if your interested an make the drive down froe!
                            what the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others - Confucius

http://www.soundclick.com/scck/
                            http://www.soundclick.com/johnecarter/

Comment

• In regards to Rion's thread above. I always try and chat it up when I can. The problem that I come across when people try and chat at me & I ignore them, are when we are in a match while they are in spec. Have been told that I ignore people. I will ingnore a player when I am playing & it never seems ok to most that msg me that I am playing. Like I should just stop and die or go to spec, just to chat? wtf???

I have no probs texting anyone in TW, but I would at least try and make sure that the people you want to communicate with are not actually involved in playing and are in spec. mode.

If they are in spec and do not have an away msg. then you are correct in noting that they are somewhat ignorant
                              May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

• Originally posted by sixtoo
                                I'm bout to fry up some pork chops in rice, wit some nice bbq sause, soy, n veggies mix hollar if your interested an make the drive down froe!
                                dood i am so on my way.. but i have to walk no car here.
                                Piston> I own in belim

Comment

Working...
                                X