X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not ready to col
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

• I remember when I used to play Starcraft, when we hung around in Brood War GBR-1... The good players would take on an "Apprentice" and train them up to their level. It'd take a few weeks, and it was really a teacher and student "relationship". I used to be good at this game, and I'd teach the newer players the ropes, some tactics, tricks, etc.

New player would try to get some 1v1 games for experience, they'd get thraped by a vet, they'd ask the vet to train them. The nice ones did.

So they'd 1v1 over and over again and the vet would tell the newbie what they did wrong, what they did right, what they need to improve on, etc.

The vet would give the new player "tasks", like trying to beat 3 computer players solo, or "if you see so-and-so in the channel try to take them out 1v1". Of course the new players that wanted to learn always wanted to complete these tasks honestly so that they could really improve.

Eventually the new player would be at their level or even above, after a few weeks. The good players enjoyed seeing the newer players "growing" in skill and it was a nice feeling of giving something back to the community.

It's a little bit like Quirion ideas, but on a more personal level, I suppose.

One thing that sticks in my mind about this is in that "Who influenced your style of play" thread a while back, that Awesome was saying how Hercules taught him when to use bullets, etc, in Javelin. (This may be wrong but I think that's who it was...)

The players that really want to learn would love to just go to a private arena with a veteran player and be taught. Aiming techniques? Timing for repels? Burst patterns? Noone seems to be willing to teach, though.

And the players in "famous" squads, people that are unexperienced with talking or even seeing people that they read about on the forums, or hear about, or watch in base, elims, twd/l games, etc, when these "famous" players are seen around public arenas, it can trigger an "omg is that that guy from <TWLSQUAD>?" reaction.

But since so many people are hostile, and I've got this from TWL players, as I was saying above, there's the "wtf are you stfu newb gg afk" attitude.

I am well aware that the structure of this post is horrific, but as usual I'm typing what comes into my head as it does. I'm sure you can read it.
      G[y]Ro> omfg
      G[y]Ro> u nerds
      G[y]Ro> NERDS
      G[y]Ro> ALL OF U

Comment

• I've trained a select few how to duel. The scariest part about dueling your 'apprentice' is that they play just like you. It's pretty freaky, but very rewarding.
        DELETED

Comment

• dont know who any of them could be :shifty:

NO Boys Allowed Forums

NoBA status:Recuiting

NO comment by lunar here what so ever

Enjoys: Stealing Dameon angells kills

Comment

• Suzie-Q will destroy you Angell style.
            DELETED

Comment

• Originally posted by Childrn of Light
              Go die already Jason.
              why would you say that col
              sage

Comment

• Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                Suzie-Q will destroy you Angell style.
                whoa, whoa, back up the truck, youre flirting with an internet girl again?
                5:gen> man
                5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

• i'd date the prom queen too if i had a chance

Comment

• dudes...stop writing so long messages...i was plannin on reading 'em all but dude...im too lazy. well, at least i tried my best.

hmm thats funny problem 'cause i dont hear newbs call me "ez, newb" etc very often. i hear it from vets mostly. O.o ...hmm i dont really have anything wise to say as usually. every1 calls me "ez" and "newb" and "noob" :'7( i hate u all. LEAVE ME ALONE!! u r all on ignore!!

hmm as usual i dont make any sense im just tired and its really boring in school so i just want to send this message 'cause i dont send anything in forums usually. i just read...

hmm i think i should stop saying "hmm" all the time 'cause its just...hmm...what is it? well, anyways ppl nowadays dont have any respect i think they should all follow my example (im so cool).

ill tell you how it works. in my case you dont have to earn my respect. you have it already and the only thing u can do is loose it by calling me "newb" etc. so take that! i dislike u ppl who use word "ez"! dont talk to me!!

ignore this message. better yet get some1 to remove it...im just bored...and tired...and...i cant think of anything else
                    Last edited by Elbryan; 12-02-2004, 07:06 AM. Reason: i was supposed to fix this typo but i cant find it anymore. its there tho. haha! i found the little...sometin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Facetious
                      whoa, whoa, back up the truck, youre flirting with an internet "girl" again?
                      Fixed.
                      sage

Comment

• Originally posted by Project
                        I have definitely seen wreckless mig in TW. You are a bold-faced liar my friend.

...I like that. Keep up the good work.
                        Purpose used to use the alias Unwreckless MiG. When I switched to conceive, I gave him the name Wreckless MiG, and he then got to #23 on the TWEL ladder before he got bored with the game. He came back later. He was on DG, Javing and some other squad with it as well. And you know I wouldn't / couldn't have joined pre-newbification DG, so it obviously wasn't me.

It's sad when you fellas have such natural malice that you call me newbie until I admit I'm a newbie, then proceed to create artifical events in your mind to somehow corroborate that I am not a newbie. Facts straight: I'm (relatively) new to Trench Wars. Go look at my first forum name, Wreckless MiG. The squad was 'Problems' or something...the main squad in SSDZ cybertronian warz. I have always been a forum whore and TWForums is in fact a forum and so I whored it. Is it THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND? Yes, I stopped by TW a few times - yes, I pubbed with friends. But if you consider joyriding around safezones hunting levs "extreme veteran experience" then once again, I am divine rides.

Oh not to mention there was also a Wreckless Might (Wreckless Mig on the F2 display), Wreck, Mig, and once again Unwreckless MiG.

But if you don't believe me, I got on Edome and tracked my SSc scores. Here's a narrative.

Wreckless MiG was first used in Super Ships, Feb 2002 (previous 2 years were not recorded, SSDz/SSXH/SSN were not SSC zones. Squad r3volution. Played TW: 0-1 rec. (omfg vet) NExt few months DSB. Another TW play April 2002 (with 17th, Apolycalyptioc Warfare, SuperShips, dSB). Same pattern until around Jun 2002, then I start playing SWZ alot. July 2002 - enter Unwreckless MiG. Oh, also here we go, a TW squad! entire pub rec for the next 3 months: 6-8. Here we go, late 2002. This is the period where I enter TW and try to join squads. The squad recorde on Edome: "Anti-Scrub ^". Some people might remember me here because admittedly, I did sit in spec and chat alot. I've always been charismatic, what can I say. Zoom to 2003, Omega Fire begins, with squads "The Nixons" and "Plaid" (such a cool squad, stolen). Then Omega fire and DBZ are my main zones, an d Unwreckless Mig starts playing tw. Then solely OF, with some TW with Adam (trib4l) and Unwreckless Mig. Then Wreckless Mig dissapears around may 2003, Unwreckless Mig is the search result from there one, except for sporadic hits here and there. Then WMig appears under the squad "kickin rad" (owned by Conceive) around jun 2003. Since I was 0-0 in both omega fire and TW, this is probably when I got my first laptop and sent WMig to spec for usage. Note Unwreckless Mig at this time was in the squad 'I'm Aliased'. Later, about a month or so, Wreckless MiG also appears on that squad, and also has the typing "Wreckless Mig", lowercase G. I never lowercase that G...ever. By around septermber 2003 Wmig has finally petered out. So I do a search for Jerome. Squad PUMA (the squad it was on when the name was given to me), Zones: TW (0-0 rec) Arizona CTF, Slpha SVS. This is Nov 2003. Dec 2003: EG and CTF. By this point I'm using scallowag and conceive as Omega Fire aliases I suppose. Also when I register a TON of names (go back to the thread "Jerome's Jivetastic Jiveaway" or something). By Jan 2004 I have a consistent, looks-like-i-was-trying rec in pub. But I'm still playing Red Star, OF and TW. Squad "cursive". And Feb 11, squad "Moderator", I finally get a hey-look-i-am-a-pub-newbie score, 204-200 or something. I also start visiting ?go events, elim, and base. Wait! Late feb, early march: No TW (juice dissolved). EG and Omega Fire. By may 5th I was on anti-scrub.
                        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

• man, my chat idea is really turning out to be a bust

all-time level of super suck is what it is

go die already childrn of light
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

• I never called you a newbie jerome. And you were on wr with wreckless mig, sometime back in 02-03 maybe.
                            sage

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              I never called you a newbie jerome. And you were on wr with wreckless mig, sometime back in 02-03 maybe.
                              I'm pretty 100% positive I was never on WR...don't you think I would be telling everyone I was on WR? I love dropping squadnames like they're hot

edit: OH maybe...?squadowner whiterabbits ^. It was during that period, ?Squadowner Floydians ^ as well. I went to pub and asked for a squad, when that failed, I did the next best thing, pretend I was cool
                              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

• I remember you having an animated avatar of the wr banner, cycling through all sorts of colors.
                                sage

Comment

Working...
                                X