X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll King
    And that's only in the bedroom. :grin:
    :fear:
    "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by CloudHelmut
      For the most part I'd agree with you, they really don't affect my game. I think that Pure Hatred's point is that having a ship that's so easy to spawn with, people will prefer to spawn over basing. Correct me if I'm wrong, PH.
      Partially, yes. This, coupled with the fact that there's no real countermeasure for them anymore, is my main problem. Add in the fact that I always get stuck on a team full of no-talent javelins that end up TK'ing our baseterr every five minutes so we have to run this gauntlet again and again, and things get frustrating in a hurry. It's too easy to just sit in a side entrance and snipe an entire team repeatedly as they try to get back to base. You might as well hand people like that an all-day pass to foul up basing.

On another note, feel free to correct me on if I'm wrong because my memory's been screwing with me lately, but people complained about cloak+stealth on the weasel not draining energy. Didn't the old fat weasel actually recharge (albeit very slowly) with cloak+stealth turned on? If my memory's correct, then I think the price it paid for this was more than fair: mediocre maneuverability, slow speed, slow bullets, and a high energy demand just to fire. The thrust shot was intact, but useless. It wasn't focused on being an "anti-spawner" ship, but it could be used as one if the need arose. Its primary purpose was in base as a backup shark of sorts, or to shake up the opponent's terrier by unloading a rocket at it, causing just enough ruckus for its team to mount an attack. There was none of this stupid "I can't base, so I'll sneak through the roof holes with the little ship and use my fast bullets to get meaningless kills that I don't deserve anyway" crap. In that situation, which happens more often than you might think, even the weasel caters to selfish players who abandon their team's frontal assault to follow their own agenda.

Staff, it's time to get back to making this a team game. Javelins need full-time X-Radar, because they are the primary defense against weasels. The base terr is often too busy staying safe from jav bombs that are unloaded from roofers and such to defend against cloaked invaders. Players who abuse the javelin can be locked in a spider or just specced. The weasel needs to gain its weight back. I'm not even going to try to come up with an anti-spawning suggestion, because it's been happening since day one and not much has changed. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for a full-time license to hunt spawners using a completely invisible ship, but if they become a nuisance I'll do that. What I really want, though, is for ship six to become a viable basing ship that does something productive for everyone again. The way it is now, it serves no purpose for its team. It's a useless gimmick ship. A toy. A cheap made-in-Taiwan toy.
      Last edited by PH; 03-19-2005, 04:20 PM.
      Originally posted by Tone
      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
      Originally posted by the_paul
      Gargle battery acid fuckface
      Originally posted by Material Girl
      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

By normal I meant to balance and make basing fun again in publics. Yes I do pub, probably a hell of a lot more then you do these days but I guess you're aliased or something but whatever, Continue your shit talking if you want. I've barely seen you in game ever so don't assume anything when it comes to me Pure Hatred.

I really don't get your arugment..
        I've never seen spawners stopping people from basing or dragging them out and the recent changes have not greatly effected this for better or for worse IMO. My beef is that the weasel is interfering with basing through being overpowered and is not being used as a cloaking ship while having the thrust ability and I think yours is something like the weasel is effecting spawning thus making basing harder.. It's my opinion that spawners will always be in this game until we can figure out some anti spawning system that is not a POS. I think Removing the thrust shot and keep it visable helps to make this ship more useable outside of spawning and would make it harder for this ship to spawn.

Now if your argument is that we need the weasel to being spawning then I wouldn't agree. The difference between a WB and weasel spawning would be that one is perceived as being balanced and fairly defeatable by any other dueling class ship. The Weasel however is not and is not perceived as being fair with the thrust shot. So ask yourself this: Which one is going to drag more people out of basing?

Originally posted by Pure Hatred
        The way it is now, it serves no purpose for its team. It's a useless gimmick ship. A toy. A cheap made-in-Taiwan toy.
        Well at least we agree on something here, although you're still gonna be a dick about anything I say. Very soon there will be the ability for players to bring forward ideas directly to staff so before you want to flame me or continue your kind of bullshit, if you really care about the zone then fucking work with me here.
        Last edited by Kolar; 03-19-2005, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
          By normal I meant to balance and make basing fun again in publics. Yes I do pub, probably a hell of a lot more then you do these days but I guess you're aliased or something but whatever, Continue your shit talking if you want. I've barely seen you in game ever so don't assume anything when it comes to me Pure Hatred.

I really don't get your arugment..
          I've never seen spawners stopping people from basing or dragging them out and the recent changes have not greatly effected this for better or for worse IMO. My beef is that the weasel is interfering with basing through being overpowered and is not being used as a cloaking ship while having the thrust ability and I think yours is something like the weasel is effecting spawning thus making basing harder.. It's my opinion that spawners will always be in this game until we can figure out some anti spawning system that is not a POS. I think Removing the thrust shot and keep it visable helps to make this ship more useable outside of spawning and would make it harder for this ship to spawn.

Now if your argument is that we need the weasel to being spawning then I wouldn't agree. The difference between a WB and weasel spawning would be that one is perceived as being balanced and fairly defeatable by any other dueling class ship. The Weasel however is not and is not perceived as being fair with the thrust shot. So ask yourself this: Which one is going to drag more people out of basing?

Well at least we agree on something here, although you're still gonna be a dick about anything I say. Very soon there will be the ability for players to bring forward ideas directly to staff so before you want to flame me or continue your kind of bullshit, if you really care about the zone then fucking work with me here.
          tell mom im comming home tonight.
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

My beef is that the weasel is interfering with basing through being overpowered and is not being used as a cloaking ship while having the thrust ability..
            sorry, maybe I'm misreading things, but it sounds like you're annoyed that nobody is using the weasel's cloaking ability anymore. if so.. honestly, what did you expect? if the weasel suddenly becomes punished for cloaking by having an energy drain, then the obvious conclusion is to spend the majority of your time uncloaked.

Comment

The current settings for the ship are BAD.
              I've not seen public playing in a worse state (in relationship to ship 6) than they are right now.

What you intended to do:
              "Make the X a little more fair so that it can't over and over run into the flagroom and flood a team"

What you did:
              "Made the X into a Camper's Dream Ship"

3 level 3 bullets on multifire the ability to fit through any hole plus stealth and the increased bullet speed make it the absolute perfect ship for idiots to sit on a private frequency, and pick a point.. shoot into midbase.. and keep doing it.. if people start to come toward you, you can escape through any hole.

Congratulations.

You've taken the annoyance of cloaking and traded it in for the super-annoyance of camping.

Go back to before you made the ship require a drain to cloak. The settings after the rocket was removed, with the small tileset. It had the perfect speed, rotation speed, and bullet speed at that point. Since you deem it too powerful (for a reason I still can't fathom) and demand some change to it, drop cloak, but make it greenable. That way any time a cloaker is killed he can't just rush right back to the flagroom in a new ship and try to slip in and go for what you hate, the terr kills.
              He'll have to green up first. Which makes people a lot less willing to sacrifice themselves for the hope of that one kill. Or even the guys that do decide to do that, won't be able to do it nearly as quickly.
              Last edited by Sarien; 03-20-2005, 07:26 PM. Reason: To fix a typo.
              "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
                The current settings for the ship are BAD.
                I've not seen public playing in a worse state (in relationship to ship 6) than they are right now.

What you intended to do:
                "Make the X a little more fair so that it can't over and over run into the flagroom and flood a team"

What you did:
                "Made the X into a Camper's Dream Ship"

3 level 3 bullets on multifire the ability to fit through any hole plus stealth and the increased bullet speed make it the absolute perfect ship for idiots to sit on a private frequency, and pick a point.. shoot into midbase.. and keep doing it.. if people start to come toward you, you can escape through any hole.

Congratulations.

You've taken the annoyance of cloaking and traded it in for the super-annoyance of camping.

Go back to before you made the ship require a drain to cloak. The settings after the rocket was removed, with the small tileset. It had the perfect speed, rotation speed, and bullet speed at that point. Since you deem it too powerful (for a reason I still can't fathom) and demand some change to it, drop cloak, but make it greenable. That way any time a cloaker is killed he can't just rush right back to the flagroom in a new ship and try to slip in and go for what you hate, the terr kills.
                He'll have to green up first. Which makes people a lot less willing to sacrafice themselves for the hope of that one kill. Or even the guys that do decide to do that, won't be able to do it nearly as quickly.
                Good thing I don't play TW much anymore. Sounds like it sucks now.
                "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

what, give an incentive to green other than to get bounty? but thats practically unheard of in TW!

Originally posted by Disliked
                  Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                  +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

suxxor, the weasel is being used as a 'suicide bomber' and not as a cloaker. The abilities are in conflict with the theme of the ship thus cuasing balancing issues.

Sarien and the rest of you kids, drop the attitude.

Greening sounds like a good idea but the draining imo isn't making people not use the ship as a cloaker, it's just oversights like the thrust shot have made it eaiser to get kills.

Comment

Ok Kolar. I'm not copping an attitude. When I do that, there's absolutely zero doubt of it. So you can relax about that.

At 29 I kind of no longer qualify as a kid.
                      I am not an idiot, I would enjoy it if I weren't dismissed as one.

The thrust shot has been there and people including me have been using it for a long long long time. It is not a defect. It is not an oversight. There is no way to fix it without seriously tampering with the ship. It happens because the speed of the bullets are slower than others. That means when the weasel thrusts he is going faster than his normal movement rate, he fires, so his bullets move faster, approaching the speed of bullets from other ships. Weasels that have fought each other (again me and Pure Hatred have been enjoying this fact for a long time) have known about it for a long, long, long time. I would venture to guess that 90% of the people that have piloted the weasel since at least the last time it had a rocket, knew about it, and have been actively using it since that time.

Please re-read my earlier post. It was ascribed to the increased bullet speed, the stealth, and the small size. My idea for the greening of the cloak fixes the problem that you originally wanted fixed. It also fixes the problem of people using this ship to camp like nobody's business, because the recent adjustments to the bullet speed will be removed.

The old weasel pilots seem to like my idea. It's a novel approach, and an idea from a weasel pilot that knows the ship. Try it, and watch the results. Just try it. I'm apprehensive, somewhat. If this ship gets squared away, and I see an active interest taking place in the Leviathan, and working with that? I guarantee you two things. Not only will I completely suspend my apprehension and do my very utmost to provide the most constructive input as I can manage, I will apologize for any actions of mine that might have offended you.

The ball's in your court now. Let's see where it goes.
                      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

... you're still gonna be a dick about anything I say.
                        Let me clear this up. I'm not a dick because I want to be. I'm a dick because on issues like this, talking sense into you is next to impossible. To me it seems like you always believe you're right, and anyone who disagrees either "doesn't know what they're talking about" or "is copping an attitude". It gets very frustrating trying to talk to someone as stubborn as you are. Maybe I let my temper get the best of me and act like a bit of a dick at times, and here's why.

Sarien and I have played the ship more often than 95% of players. We saw it through the big ship/rep+rocket phase. We saw it shrink and become able to sneak through holes. We saw it basically get smashed in the skull with a hammer to cripple its cloaking ability, which has been its key feature since day one. We thought outside the box and grew somewhat attached to the ship, so I think we have just as much a right as anyone to be loud about our opinions regarding the ship's future.

Now that that's out of the way.. Sarien, your ideas are brilliant, but you're not whining enough for anyone to take notice. Sorry, man.
                        Originally posted by Tone
                        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                        Originally posted by the_paul
                        Gargle battery acid fuckface
                        Originally posted by Material Girl
                        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I personally don't mind the recent cloak+stealth changes to the weasel. Personally, I have found that all you need to do is cloak, and most enemy players in Mid or FR have their eyes on the main play screen, instead of radar.

But what Kolar suggested, that we remove the so called thrust shot; I'am against this.

I seriously don't think the thrust shot of the weasel is overpowering. Geez, how many players know about the thrust shot? Maybe just a few skilled weasel players can use it properly.

The weasel thrust shot is a unique skill for this ship and makes this ship unique with this ability.

If you have experience using this ship Kolar, you should know that when a weasel does this Thrust Shot, it makes the weasel vulnerable. Since the weasel must thrust into the direction of where you are shooting. As compared to the warbird which doesn't need to thrust and has a fairly fast L3 bullet; how is this overpowering.

Omg, what is next to screw the weasel settings mores?

The main reason I think you hate the thrust shot, is because of it becoming a suicide bomber as you put it.

Are you talking about the weasel suicide rushing towards a terrier in the Flag Room as being extremely disruptive?
                          I call it a FR terrier assasination attempt, it actually adds another basing tactic to the game. This is not easy for a weasel to do, since there is so many bloody Javs in the flagrooms which make it hard to get into FR to begin with, and the weasel is hypersensitive to bomb splash damage.
                          A well skilled basing freq can suppress these weasel suicide spraying most of the time.

I enjoy the current weasel settings, and I find playing it adds an alternative basing experience for myself and others. The weasel is more flyable than its past versions, one thing I like about ships, must be flyable; one reason I never took a like to levis.

One thing that can be said, "Atleast the weasel doesn't cause TK problems in the Flag Room that the Javs do."
                          ^^
                          I think the above is a higher priority concern in pubs then the rare weasel suicide bombing(lol).

Why do some of you constantly nitpick at the game? Gee I got owned in pub, must be the ships overpowering abilities, maybe if I bitch about it in the forums, ..yeah it will make it more fair...(What more fair for low-skilled players) pfffft... just play the game and keep you pie hole shut. Look at SVS settings they haven't change it in years. Why on TW they have to constantly change the ship settings.

Comment

I've never liked weasels since they got more bullet speed and i really think that something needs to be done about them. It seems staff have done something, but they also seem like they've lost the plot with X's.

One of the worst things about pub's in my opinion is the camping that goes on. I think the point of the game (and when it is most fun) is to get the flag and duke it out there trying to defend it and get it. Yet there are many who seem determined not to do this and instead camp and spam shots through holes and get random kills. It used to be wb's and javs doing this and the old X was good at killing them. Now however it is this X doing the camping and it is harder to kill because it can see enemy cloakers, cloak itself and run away through a small hole.

Yes there are too many javs but i fail to see what good taking there x-radar away is? For a start it was a big drain and generally only the decent javs used it to kill x's. If it was taken away to stop tking, which the crap javs do anyway, then it makes x's even more of a problem. So in there wisdom to balance this out the staff have crippled the x's ability to use both stealth and cloak? Which surely was the point of X's to begin with? if they are determined to make it a main-stream ship, make it bigger so it can't run through holes and remove cloak entirely then you've got a stealthed wb with wierd multifire bullets yay..

I liked Sarien's idea

You could even make it so you could buy a cloak or maybe even a rocket for a high price , maybe 10k and 20k respectively.

If it were up to me i would revert the X back to when it had the rocket/rep but make it so it had to buy the rocket. Or take away its multifire whic makes it more easy to camp and spam shots and get random kills.

I would also consider taking out four holes out of the mid base area that ppl use to camp as this distracts from a team trying to work together to overcome a generally stronger team who already has flag. i'd leave in the 2 holes in mid that don't give an angle give an angle for spamming shots across mid.

Flame me now
                            In my world,
                            I am King

sigpic

Comment

I forgot why I visited this subforum.
                              this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
                              (:3=

Comment

I like weasels too. However, they claw up the couch and carpet, and littertraining them is a pain in the neck.

...okay, seriously, I think that perhaps the settings are unbalanced. However, that's only to be expected. The admins are human, just like the rest of us.
                                Zemyla>You know, quoting yourself in your sig is a sign of irredeemable narcissism.

GuruMeditation> You're on SS, you're an it.
                                GuruMeditation> Unless your ship grows boobs, in that case you're a freak.

Originally posted by sexy wooden spoon
                                Also u cud tlk about helping language skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X