This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kolar
    It's just my opinion but TW Dev seems to be just for that these days. I think most of the new ZHs have done something for the zone, that's not a requirment though. It's a game and if they want to play and help out the zone then they're welcome to. I don't know but I think wadi only meant that policies and punishments can not extend into the game.

The different groups I think we should be looking at when recruiting is only time zones because game play doesn't matter and making it fair doesn't matter either. Having enough staff online does matter.
    the fact is that tw dev is inactive atm coz of the finals at school
    after the school it will be active again

school > ss

i know that u dont think high of TW dev, but we do ur best to help if that is not enough for u then i'm sry.
    Originally posted by Kolar
    My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
    ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

• Originally posted by Kolar
      Being tested, being know and knowing enough to do the job is always going to be part of it. You can't cut it off right with a stupid little application, hire them and hope it works out.

No one is, or has, said that a simple application will "cut it". It is very nieve to think that hiring an applicant would be less effective than inviting a person that is "friendly" to staff with out knowing any thing about the player and "hope it works out". An application will give you knowledge. A interview, along with monitering, will provide you insight to how that person performs. You are seriously under rating success that applications can have.

This would allow staffers to give professional comments on the player, only through a private forum and they could judge them, like the dean already does.

If im not mistaken staff already have a referal process in place. Making a forum would be pointless if the dean is still going to have the final word in the end. The dean is a professional who already knows what he wants from his staff. Making a forum to comment about players the dean may be interested in would probably do little more than give him insight he already had about that player.

That's fine by me. I can not see the application becomming harder then it already is, if all staff memebers were involved then I think we could judge the potential staffers better, faster, and keep the qulity of staff up.
      I think a group of the "higher ups", if not already done, need to be formed so that inactive staff, abusive staff, and lazy staff are removed from the staffing program. I see no reason to involve the entire body of 100+ staff in the hiring process. Trench wars does not have, or need, a high rate of staff hiring thus this removes the need of this type of participation in the hiring process.
      Spacely> kidnapper!!! we have you surrounded!! put down the candy and let the lil boy go

Comment

Last edited by Dethdefire; 06-03-2005, 10:13 AM.
        Spacely> kidnapper!!! we have you surrounded!! put down the candy and let the lil boy go

Comment

• Originally posted by Dethdefire
          No one is, or has, said that a simple application will "cut it". It is very nieve to think that hiring an applicant would be less effective than inviting a person that is "friendly" to staff with out knowing any thing about the player and "hope it works out". An application will give you knowledge. A interview, along with monitering, will provide you insight to how that person performs. You are seriously under rating success that applications can have.
          People are checked, don't assume the process is without these kind of mesures because we lack an application. The kind of testing you're asking for would not be effective compared to the current process. The goal is to see intent and get knowledge, everything else the Dean(s) can cover it without some kind of standized crap. The process is both, an application and an invite, it would be the same if the person could make a formal application, we'd still be inviting them into staff. What staff wants is to find players who would apply, show intent, have the skills, pass the dean's testing, comments from staffers ect.. then they may or may not get ZH, it's the dean's decision. How extensive the application is, is bound by what PL wants from the person, and it's not much. I don't want a test to cover most of that because the dean can do so much more without it, I don't want future staffers to rely on it.

Originally posted by Dethdefire
          If im not mistaken staff already have a referal process in place. Making a forum would be pointless if the dean is still going to have the final word in the end. The dean is a professional who already knows what he wants from his staff. Making a forum to comment about players the dean may be interested in would probably do little more than give him insight he already had about that player.
          If all levels were involved they could be limited to professional opinions, alias the player and rate them on how helpful they were. No, it's not finding their weak points, knowing if they deal with stress well or finding out what their freaking favorite colour is but it would be another tool PL could use. We already have a comment system aswell, it is very limited since it's on a bot. If it were a site or sub forum I think it would be used much more by both sides.

Originally posted by Dethdefire
          I think a group of the "higher ups", if not already done, need to be formed so that inactive staff, abusive staff, and lazy staff are removed from the staffing program. I see no reason to involve the entire body of 100+ staff in the hiring process. Trench wars does not have, or need, a high rate of staff hiring thus this removes the need of this type of participation in the hiring process.
          To keep up the qulity I think it would be something worth the time to try. I think if you went through the process and saw how things work here, you'd have a better understanding about the recruitment process. Inactive staff are removed, we have quotas to fill. Abuse is low and lazyness is not something I've seen a lot of. We don't need another group of people to through around power and be lazy.

Comment

• Yes I agree Due. Most people join Twdev thinking it is a fast track to Staff but then do next to nothing. But there is a few that do alot and get no consideration. D1st0rt for one has been passed over too many damn times. I surprised he still works for dev, but he still keeps plugging away making new bots for Trench Wars.

Comment

• Like Zabuza and jappeuuuh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                Keep it the way it is. Too many wannabees who just started the game will overflow the system.
                says Dameon Angell ROFL
                (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°•.¸O¸.•°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
                << evoce >>
                /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
                (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸.•'´O`'•.¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)
                (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

TWLJ Season 10 Champion (Thunder)
                TWLD Season 9 Champion (Sk8)
                TWLD Season 8 Runner up (Pirates)

Comment

• lol nice sig evoce

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperDAVEpostal
                    Yes I agree Due. Most people join Twdev thinking it is a fast track to Staff but then do next to nothing. But there is a few that do alot and get no consideration. D1st0rt for one has been passed over too many damn times. I surprised he still works for dev, but he still keeps plugging away making new bots for Trench Wars.
                    i agree, he should be on staff.
                    My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                    ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

• Thanks guys, but I really do have my hands full smod/sysoping at my other zone. I just like programming
                      USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

• Zabuza isnt on twdev anymore, i agree though TWdev hasnt been putting things out because of school, atleast i know thats why i havent gotten my stuff into tw yet, i have a bunch of stuff ready to go i just dont have any time to finalize it, i plan on sending al my stuff in the first day of summer, i get out on June 22, so.... SUCK, but yea alot of ppl think that twdev will get them staff, but to tell you the truth there are tons of twdev members who arent staff, so if there are people reading this that want to get into TWdev and think it will get them easy staff, think again the only staff members on twdev are the Heads of twdev like 2d, sdp, ikrit, but there are actual members that are staff like Kim, Tibro and Kyace. But yea back on topic overall, just make an application that just asks some info but dont base the decision on the application think of it as a way to learn something about the person, just watch them ingame ask other staffers bout them stuff like that, make sure that you have a Gmail PL cuz u will get over 1000 mb of Spam staff applications, i think that the Gmail storage is up at 2500 Mb's now, not sure it goes up every day
                        Big Chill

Comment

• Lol? i joined TWbeta because my brother was in it saw him testing and looked really cool! then i got into maps and joined twdev, dont think TWDev is really like another step to staff, just another orginisation working, if want staff just join Spastics and wait a while... -_-

eh? did they do the staff applications? or did we give up on that?

Comment

• zabuza for zh
                            8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                            8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                            8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                            8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                            8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                            8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

• Originally posted by Due
                              i agree, he should be on staff.
                              staff is a reward for hard work? i dont think so. Sure people deserve recognition, but it shouldnt be in the form of <ZH>. otherwise the staff would be flooded with people who know nothing about the zone, but work their ass off to make a million maps in a week. then what would happen to the zone?
                              04.07.05 08:59

Comment

• Tibro, what did you do before you got staff?

Why do you deserve staff...

I didn't realise, whining and trashing got staff.
                                -Rasc

Comment

Working...
                                X