Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd say the rule of hiring should be 3-4 years experience- they aren't newbs, and they haven't yet developed a giant ego.
    Kthx> Does JB Inc pay his child support with pub bux?

Undisputed Pre-Menstral Super-Bitch Internet Kickboxing Champion 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Volcs
      I'd say the rule of hiring should be 3-4 years experience- they aren't newbs, and they haven't yet developed a giant ego.
      I agree with u. :P
      TWLD Champion 2014
      TWDTB Champion 2013
      TWDTB Champion 2016
      TWDTB Champion 2017
      TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
      -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

• Originally posted by Volcs
        I'd say the rule of hiring should be 3-4 years experience- they aren't newbs, and they haven't yet developed a giant ego.
        But how can you accurately verify how long they have been playing for? People can lie about their usage...and many people will.

I like the idea though.
        I am no longer living in false hopes. All is clear to me now.

Comment

• actually staffbot is very old but the module in staffobt is not old at all, it is like 1-2 months old i believe. we don't throw that many recommendations on there and for 2 people to be hired from it is pretty good. Considering we arent going to be hiring all 10 people at one time.
          Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

• Hey

Maybe another cool idea would be a nomination system. So if you beleive someone does something out of their way to help other nominate them, and when some one gets an excessive amount of nominations they could be considered for staff?
            this could be abused as friends may nominate friends and stuff, but errors should iron each other out.

Oh and first nomination - Pandagirl!, ive never seen a girl type so fast, think how many help calls she could reply to every minute $$$ :greedy:
            :whistling

Comment

• Originally posted by SeiferDude
              But how can you accurately verify how long they have been playing for? People can lie about their usage...and many people will.

I like the idea though.
              Any player can view the past scores from pub all the way back to the score reset on Nov 1, 1999. If someone says they started playing x.x.200x, then you can go to that scorereset period and actually see if they have a pub score.
              http://edome.fi.soneraplaza.net/subspace/scores.html
              Consider it subspace's way back machine.
              People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyace
                Any player can view the past scores from pub all the way back to the score reset on Nov 1, 1999. If someone says they started playing x.x.200x, then you can go to that scorereset period and actually see if they have a pub score.
                http://edome.fi.soneraplaza.net/subspace/scores.html
                Consider it subspace's way back machine.
                And if you don't play in public arenas then ur screwed? lol
                I am no longer living in false hopes. All is clear to me now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeiferDude
                  And if you don't play in public arenas then ur screwed? lol
                  How many people do you know of who didn't play in public when they first came to TW? I mean getting 1 kill, 1 death in public, or even getting team flag points.
                  People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

• i should be staff

then i could ban all the ppl i don't like and cap myself in base

shit i mean host a load of events --- i always get that one wrong
                    In my world,
                    I am King

sigpic

Comment

• I would be like teh leet mod bviotch :P

host my shitty arenas 24/7 then we see who boss biotch!!!11!!1!!one!!

and ban myself for being too sexy, <3

Comment

• give me a sec
                        Last edited by Suh; 04-30-2005, 10:31 AM.
                        Reinstate Sarien
                        ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyace
                          How many people do you know of who didn't play in public when they first came to TW? I mean getting 1 kill, 1 death in public, or even getting team flag points.
                          Theres still a flaw. I once found a name that was played on in 99 that was reset and signed it up. It had 0 hours usage. Only thing I could not do was play elim. So maybe ask the player how much usage they have and have several rooms. one which to enter requires 1000 hours, another 2000 and so on.

As for recruiting new staff -
                          Have a system like in twd where everyone gets one vote on potential staff. A player has to log into the twd site and vote "yes" "no" "dont know them". This would increase staff to public relations too as the public that cared would know who might be getting into staff. So many times i see a random ZH and wonder who on earth it is.

It would also be a nice way to see if a player is really liked by the trenchwars public. If this system had been implemented, it would definately stop players like Louis logic getting into staff that really shouldnt get past the system in the first place.
                          Last edited by Ardour; 04-30-2005, 02:44 PM.
                          Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                          TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

• Smods can check usage (I THINK)
                            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                            ---A few minutes later---
                            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                            9:Kim> UM
                            9:Kim> i didn't
                            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

• As far as I know, on subgame they cannot.
                              USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

• I don't think that would be useful at all to have players voting on potential staffers. It seems like upper staff just wants to get an idea of who is looking to join staff. I think we could do more then that by using the forum application idea because staffers can discuss and maybe even take some responsibility away from future Dean[s] and be more involved in the process. It's just a more involved and realistic solution then either a web application or a Bot.
                                Last edited by Kolar; 04-30-2005, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X