This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dethdefire
    Yes, my idea could very well be too exstensive for a game such as Trench wars. I will stand my ground on my point that staff have been, in the past, hired because they have played Trench Wars for four a long amount of time, joined the right squad, or were friends with a lot of people.
    Playing for a long time/being active = being noticed. This is a social game and to say it's wrong to be recruited this way is pretty stupid. If someone has played for a long time then there's a good chance they know a lot or more then a ZH about the game, the zone.. If people join popular squads then they're probably active enough and if they're friendly then what the hell is the problem? This is like the basics for staffers, I think you're assuming PL doesn't go beyond that.

As I said I see no way for a test or application to cover all of this effectively. The dean of staff's job is to look for these things in players, by testing them aliased, getting recomendations, seeing other zone/project work ect.. A small test compared to a real person doing this..

The best an application could do (in this zone) is give general knowledge and skills to PL and show intent, that's all he wants anyways. The whole use of the ZH position is to train them aswell as test them, I'm not saying we should skip all mesures to keep abusers and ass kissers out but I think things are working well. Abuse is low in this zone and I think if all levels of staff were involved in the recruitment process like I suggested then it could be almost eliminated and the quility of staff would go up.

Comment

• I wanna be staff so I could:

a) start base
      b) mock pretentious little bitches like lnx

but that's against the guidelines
      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

• Originally posted by Kolar
        Playing for a long time/being active = being noticed.
        hi kolar

yes i'm here again

pl only notice basers coz he is always in ?go base or ?go twbd1-5.

i dont see him in ?go elim or ?go wbduel to notice some duelers.

some squadrons dont like to base so thoes ppl will nvr be noticed by pl.

edit: forgot something to say
        Last edited by Due; 06-03-2005, 07:21 AM.
        Originally posted by Kolar
        My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
        ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

• That is not the only way he recruits player Due, and you would not be a person he would consider, nor would a lot of duelers be considered. It really comes down to the persons knowledge and what they've done for the zone. Recomendations also keep it balanced and PL has asked specificly for them, the problem is though there's not any real potential duel-staffers out there. I think the game play just makes people anti social and annoying mostly but if they're not infected with that bullshit yet and want to be on staff then PL will notice them and if you want to PM me their name I'll consider putting them on staffbot.

Comment

That is not the only way he recruits player Due, and you would not be a person he would consider, nor would a lot of duelers be considered. It really comes down to the persons knowledge and what they've done for the zone. Recomendations also keep it balanced and PL has asked specificly for them, the problem is though there's not any real potential duel-staffers out there. I think the game play just makes people anti social and annoying mostly but if they're not infected with that bullshit yet and want to be on staff then PL will notice them and if you want to PM me their name I'll consider putting them on staffbot.
            ok ok i know i will nvr get staff (i dont really care if i get staff or not it is all about the fun) becouse i like to mess around here & play with tats uk sure i got some warnings but i am nvr been banned from the TW server, but i know more then the avg ZH, i still remember Nyamo posting here in the help subforum how to do stuff & 3 weeks ltr "she" got ZH. i know a couple more ppl that dont know much & still got zh but i will stop here coz this is not the place to post this sh!t. as i was saying i know alot, close to everything (not all), as u might know or not know or not care i'm in TW DEV making new events for TW coz it is my way to help TW, do i want staff for it? no i dont.
            i'm kinda getting tired by hearing dueler this & dueler that, i know there are ppl in ?go elim that spam like hell or do some crazy stuff that staff does not want but u are not gonna tell me that EVERY dueler acts so. duelers are the bigest pop in TW so it is normal they messup more then basers. there are enough potential duel-staffers in TW if u do the effort to look for coz the basing pop is smaller & u can find faster potential staffers.

i know that recomendation is the other way to recuit ppl but lets SAY that some smod or mod recomend a dueler that olny plays wb, pl will ask do u guys know <name of dueler>? thoes basing staffers will say no i dont. so pl will think that he is a newbie and not recruit him.

ps i know my spelling & stuff sucks so no need to flame at me! thx
            My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit

Comment

• If I were judging you I would say no, i'm sure the Smods would also considering the way you act on here and in game. Nyamo shouldn't have been on staff and is not welcome to rejoin because of abuse of it's powers, the radio thing didn't help any. There are enough duelers on staff to give recomendations and even I know some dueling players, actives ones at least. If it were my job to find players for staff then I could look into potential duelers. I see no reason why things have to be even anyways on staff but it's not impossiable to become staff as a dueler. If there are so many PM me their names and I'll consider putting them on staffbot.
              Last edited by Kolar; 06-03-2005, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asmodeus
                When I start the bot in ?go Base I see a few people ask for caps. If I don't recognize any of those that asked or if they aren't on a squad I've seen that's somewhat established I hesitate to cap them. However, a lot of the time it's only those that aren't on established squads (or players I'm not familiar with) that ask for caps, no one else asks...so I cap them...who else would I cap? Then there are times when I don't cap the first person to ask for caps, and instead cap someone who I recognize or know is on an established squad, and I still get b*tched at. It's generally lose-lose for the staffer cause there is always someone not happy.
                Kinda shows my statement that the biggest whiners are the basers. Check out ?go base or so .. ppl whine constantly.
                I do believe there are better possible dueling staffers than basing staffers. And kolar .. you just made yourself look like a fool by saying
                the problem is though there's not any real potential duel-staffers out there.
                because you are a baser. Do you ever meet nice duelers ? No .. Why not ? Because you're always with ur comrades in ?go base. So it's an endless circle actually.
                1) Who is dean of staff? => Baser.
                2) Where does he meet nice people? => Base.
                3) Who are those people? => Basers.
                4) Where do they meet their friends and who do they recommend for staff? => Basers.
                So you can start all over again here..

Anyways ... I totally agree on due's post above. I care a lot about TW too. Got website host => twsites.com ... I chose them out of all the 9156815624864 others cuz the money will be used for TW aswell.
                I also started creating new events and stuff lately. And I'm starting studying comp stuff, so I get to know more programming languages and I might actually start creating bots when needed too than.
                Do I want staff? Nah .. not really ... Don't think I'd ever accept it when being asked.
                I too know way more about TW than the average <ZoneHelper>. Me and due had lots of fun before with some dumb ZH's , and we laughed sooooooo many times at their dumbness. (No offense, but some of them just don't know a lot)
                I too remember Nyamo <ZH> who was a big joke. Started playing since 2 months, sucked up to PL, started basing some and got staff. Hilarious.

It really comes down to the persons knowledge and what they've done for the zone.
                Tibro <ZH>
                Nimbo <ZH>
                Nyamo <ZH>
                Raspi <ZH>
                Superstar <ZH>
                ToK <ZH>
                Whispus <ZH>
                Evul <ZH>

Not sure what they've done ..
                7:Barton> hi tats
                7:Barton> still no smod?
                7:Barton> :(
                7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
                7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
                3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

• I goto Elim and Belim sometimes to talk, I know duelers, I'm mostly not welcome by a lot of them for some unknow reason. I rarely play ?go base these days, either pubbing or talking. Thanks for helping the zone, I don't know where both of you are going with that though. Nyamo was a mistake, I don't know who fucked up. I know it was not an active baser, I never saw it doing anything really.

If you know a few good possiable dueling staffers forum PM or in game message me their names, I'll look into it and maybe put them on staffbot. I'm not closed off to accepting duelers, there's not a lot of them from what I've seen but i'm sure theres some out there so if you want them in do something about it then.

Originally posted by Anduril
                  Tibro <ZH>
                  Nimbo <ZH>
                  Nyamo <ZH>
                  Raspi <ZH>
                  Superstar <ZH>
                  ToK <ZH>
                  Whispus <ZH>
                  Evul <ZH>

Not sure what they've done ..
                  All of them but Nyamo, long time players, some very nice people.

Comment

If I were judging you I would say no, i'm sure the Smods would also considering the way you act on here and in game. Nyamo shouldn't have been on staff and is not welcome to rejoin because of abuse of it's powers, the radio thing didn't help any. There are enough duelers on staff to give recomendations and even I know some dueling players, actives ones at least. If it were my job to find players for staff then I could look into potential duelers. I see no reason why things have to be even anyways on staff but it's not impossiable to become staff as a dueler. If there are so many PM me their names and I'll consider putting them on staffbot.
                    ingame & forums are 2 diff worlds (i got that from wadi)

radio thing?? ks made ?go radio if i'm right
                    My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit

Comment

• Originally posted by Due
                      ingame & forums are 2 diff worlds (i got that from wadi)

radio thing?? ks made ?go radio if i'm right
                      I'm sorry you view the forum that way, it is connected to the game and it's a good place to discuss issues, but it's your choice how you want to be. By the radio thing I meant she gave out the radio pw to some site, twerp and some other TW Dev people made ?go radio, and it looks like complete shit to me.
                      Last edited by Kolar; 06-03-2005, 08:27 AM.

Comment

I Thanks for helping the zone, I don't know where both of you are going with that though.

yw, the point is WE DO SOMETHING FOR TW, thoes new ZH did nothing just play & suck up (most of them)

Originally posted by Anduril.
                        Me and due had lots of fun before with some dumb ZH's , and we laughed sooooooo many times at their dumbness. (No offense, but some of them just don't know a lot)
                        LOL YES!!!! ?go ALF is the place to be, made so much fun there. laughed for hours in there. good ol' times
                        My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit

Comment

I'm sorry you view the forum that way, it is connected to the game and it's a good place to discuss issues, but it's your choice how you want to be. By the radio thing I meant she gave out the radio pw to some site, twerp and some other TW Dev people made ?go radio, and it looks like complete shit to me.
                          i got that from wadi he told me that ingame & forums have nothing to do with eachother. i dont think he would lie to us or does he?

sadly enough i have to agree with u about the ?go radio map, that is why sinister asked me to make a new map for it, didn't got time to do so.
                          My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit

Comment

• Originally posted by Due
                            yw, the point is WE DO SOMETHING FOR TW, thoes new ZH did nothing just play & suck up (most of them)
                            It's just my opinion but TW Dev seems to be just for that these days. I think most of the new ZHs have done something for the zone, that's not a requirment though. It's a game and if they want to play and help out the zone then they're welcome to. I don't know but I think wadi only meant that policies and punishments can not extend into the game.

The different groups I think we should be looking at when recruiting is only time zones because game play doesn't matter and making it fair doesn't matter either. Having enough staff online does matter.
                            Last edited by Kolar; 06-03-2005, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• Lets be honest here, any new player can play trench wars for four to six months and know every basic thing about the zone that any other player would know. The only areas that would need seasoned staff members would be TWD and TWL. Being a friendly person does not make you a responsible person. Trench wars needs more responsible staff. Playing trench wars for a long amount of time doesn't make you qualified to be a staff member, even if you are a friendly player. I think that by allowing people willing to do the work and put in the time and effort, that staffing may require, to come apply rather than inviting friendly players or "vets" who, in the long run, may or may not be willing to put forth effort is a much more effective way of hiring. If these friendly players that would otherwise be noticed, and invited to staff, by the dean(s) of staff wanted to be a staff member, they could apply for it through a fair and equal process that any other zone player could go through. I will say that I strongly disagree to allowing all levels of staff to directly participate in hiring. This only adds to my comment about staff being a popularity contest. Doing This will further allow players, unfit for staff, who are friends with multiple staff members to be hired in because of who he/she may know instead of the right reason, their qualifications. True, in the end it is Pure_luck who has the final decision, why not give everyone an equal chance to be judged?
                              Spacely> kidnapper!!! we have you surrounded!! put down the candy and let the lil boy go

Comment

• [QUOTE=Dethdefire]Lets be honest here, any new player can play trench wars for four to six months and know every basic thing about the zone that any other player would know.

Originally posted by Dethdefire
                                The only areas that would need seasoned staff members would be TWD and TWL. Being a friendly person does not make you a responsible person. Trench wars needs more responsible staff. Playing trench wars for a long amount of time doesn't make you qualified to be a staff member, even if you are a friendly player.
                                Probably not but it's the basics that we should be looking for. I don't know what else PL looks for, I'm not the dean.

I think that by allowing people willing to do the work and put in the time and effort, that staffing may require, to come apply rather than inviting friendly players or "vets" who, in the long run, may or may not be willing to put forth effort is a much more effective way of hiring.
                                So the goal of an application, as I've said, is to clearify intent and give general knowledge.

If these friendly players that would otherwise be noticed, and invited to staff, by the dean(s) of staff wanted to be a staff member, they could apply for it through a fair and equal process that any other zone player could go
                                through.
                                Being tested, being know and knowing enough to do the job is always going to be part of it. You can't cut it off right with a stupid little application, hire them and hope it works out. A test can show almost nothing compared to what a dean can by interacting and being part of the comunity. A application is only going to give us knowledge of known players and player we're intrested in for the most part. It's not a popularity contest, do your normal shit: help out the zone, dont get banned and be friendly and you could get ZH.

I will say that I strongly disagree to allowing all levels of staff to directly participate in hiring. This only adds to my comment about staff being a popularity contest. Doing This will further allow players, unfit for staff, who are friends with multiple staff members to be hired in because of who he/she may know instead of the right reason, their qualifications.
                                This would allow staffers to give professional comments on the player, only through a private forum and they could judge them, like the dean already does.

True, in the end it is Pure_luck who has the final decision, why not give everyone an equal chance to be judged?
                                That's fine by me. I can not see the application becomming harder then it already is, if all staff memebers were involved then I think we could judge the potential staffers better, faster, and keep the qulity of staff up.

Comment

Working...
                                X