This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tibro
    staff is a reward for hard work? i dont think so. Sure people deserve recognition, but it shouldnt be in the form of <ZH>. otherwise the staff would be flooded with people who know nothing about the zone, but work their ass off to make a million maps in a week. then what would happen to the zone?
    i dont think that u know D1st0rt very well even tro u are in the tw dev chat with him. if u did u would not have posted this msg.

i'm pritty sure that he knows more then u do about this zone.
    Originally posted by Kolar
    My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
    ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

• this thread has turned into a "let's flame the mods". Tibro probably got staff for a good reason, and distort probably hasn't gotten picked for a reason. I realize some of you might see this as me sucking up to staff, but I've been staff on many different forums, and I know how hard it is to pick good staff members. Especially with many people spamming you and asking to be staff, it's hard to tell which people make themselves appear good, and which people will actually perform on the job. so it is kind of ignorant of you to flame the staff about their decisions, as I'm sure they are doing the best they can.
      Last edited by Expunge; 06-10-2005, 02:42 PM.
      Expunge> I'M EMO!!!!!!!
      Dark_grim> are you crying and cutting your wrist right now?
      Expunge> >.> <.<
      Dark_grim> DIE EXPUNGE
      Dark_grim> DIE
      Expunge> lol
      Dark_grim> die!!! -stabs you-
      Dark_grim> -STABS HARDER-
      Expunge> LMAO!

2: Dark_grim> _/\o/ Expunge \o/\_

1:caco <ER>> sorry, sweettitties
      1:Expunge> LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Chao <ER>> I have a crush on left eye and I just host to impress her

Comment

• Originally posted by Not ThiX
        Ill apply. i know i'm good for the job. I know the rules of TW, i can write down commands.. I'm always here to host, and start base so you lazy ass staffers don't have to.
        pacè
        See though, when you join staff you'll become a staffer. And since staffers are "lazy", you'll be lazy too. So we're back where we started. =(

Comment

• Originally posted by Ardour
          As for recruiting new staff -
          Have a system like in twd where everyone gets one vote on potential staff. A player has to log into the twd site and vote "yes" "no" "dont know them". This would increase staff to public relations too as the public that cared would know who might be getting into staff. So many times i see a random ZH and wonder who on earth it is.

It would also be a nice way to see if a player is really liked by the trenchwars public. If this system had been implemented, it would definately stop players like Louis logic getting into staff that really shouldnt get past the system in the first place.
          I like that idea. Not everyone will vote though. Hell, whenever I host DM and load the poll module, and say there's 50 players in DM, less than 1/3 of them actually vote. Though I think the poll is probably the best idea I've read yet in this thread. If only we could implement the poll effectively, so as to prevent players from creating multiple nicks/user names to rig the polls, then I think it'd be gold.
          Last edited by Asmodeus; 06-10-2005, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asmodeus
            I like that idea. Not everyone will vote though. Hell, whenever I host DM and load the poll module, and say there's 50 players in DM, less than 1/3 of them actually vote. Though I think the poll is probably the best idea I've read yet in this thread. If only we could implement the poll effectively, so as to prevent players from creating multiple nicks/user names to rig the polls, then I think it'd be gold.
            Use twd signed names... it might work.
            A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

• Tibro's right, TW Dev is mostly full of people who just want to do something to get staff, not all of the people there are using it like that though. It shouldn't be a reward, it's almost like a second job but fun 99% of the time. We shouldn't be using it to reward players, tw dev and other things allow players to show the staff recruiters their knowledge and other skills so I think it's great we have it setup like that but it shouldn't be taken too seriously nor should it be the only qualification. I don't know distort and I haven't seen his name around during recruiting times at all during my time. I was passed over many times for a specific reason and I relsoved with the Smods so i'm sure if and when we need more people he'll get in unless hes done something pretty bad... I can't see too many other potential staffers these days anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kolar
                Tibro's right, TW Dev is mostly full of people who just want to do something to get staff, not all of the people there are using it like that though. It shouldn't be a reward, it's almost like a second job but fun 99% of the time. We shouldn't be using it to reward players, tw dev and other things allow players to show the staff recruiters their knowledge and other skills so I think it's great we have it setup like that but it shouldn't be taken too seriously nor should it be the only qualification. I don't know distort and I haven't seen his name around during recruiting times at all during my time. I was passed over many times for a specific reason and I relsoved with the Smods so i'm sure if and when we need more people he'll get in unless hes done something pretty bad... I can't see too many other potential staffers these days anyways.

can u tell me what u see in "potential" or what does someone need to have to be "potential".

also i have heard from some staffers that they look to your squad tag if they wanna recruit someone.
                Originally posted by Kolar
                My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

• Yeah, define "potential" so Due knows how to act when he resumes his attempts to brown-nose his way onto staff.
                  Originally posted by Tone
                  It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                  Originally posted by the_paul
                  Gargle battery acid fuckface
                  Originally posted by Material Girl
                  I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

• Originally posted by Due
                    can u tell me what u see in "potential" or what does someone need to have to be "potential".

also i have heard from some staffers that they look to your squad tag if they wanna recruit someone.
                    I mean from my point of view, looking at players. I personally don't see squading very important to being on tw staff and I don't see how it could help or hinder your chances unless it's having more of a personal interaction with some upper staffers.
                    Last edited by Kolar; 06-10-2005, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• I think its clear that the deans do atleast look at the squadtag a little bit. I mean sometimes thats a good thing tho bc if ur on a good squad then you probably know alot about the zone.

I also notice that alot of the <ZH>'s are coming from .?go base. Why dont we have more duelers/javers being made staff? I dont know if it matters, im just curious.

Also i dont really know how staff is chosen nowdays. Sometimes i see a new <ZH> and think to myself, "who is that guy? What staffer changed his name" Then im told he's a new <ZH>.

I dont see how the dean can chose Newbie1<ZH> over newbie2 <ZH> by just talking to them and watching them in game. It doesnt really show who would be MORE helpful to the zone, or who would do more work on staff.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

• Originally posted by Asmodeus
                        as arikel was saying, you could use TWD signed names, or you could use an IP recognition system (i'm not sure if that's how TWD signing works or not)
                        Expunge> I'M EMO!!!!!!!
                        Dark_grim> are you crying and cutting your wrist right now?
                        Expunge> >.> <.<
                        Dark_grim> DIE EXPUNGE
                        Dark_grim> DIE
                        Expunge> lol
                        Dark_grim> die!!! -stabs you-
                        Dark_grim> -STABS HARDER-
                        Expunge> LMAO!

2: Dark_grim> _/\o/ Expunge \o/\_

1:caco <ER>> sorry, sweettitties
                        1:Expunge> LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Chao <ER>> I have a crush on left eye and I just host to impress her

Comment

• You should make the application...however only to apply you must be invited...you can be more lenient tho with who you invite..then filter out from those who apply...that should work ok...you can have a hidden location or somthing for where it is...idk...figure out the details

Comment

• Well, it can't get any worse than the 99.9% of shit staff that have been appointed since P_L took over, so let's get some more worthless pieces of shit in.
                            Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

• Originally posted by Denon
                              Well, it can't get any worse than the 99.9% of shit staff that have been appointed since P_L took over, so let's get some more worthless pieces of shit in.
                              These worthless POSs take your help and cheater calls. Worthless they are indeed. Think you can do better? If you ever join staff, you'll be a worthless POS as well. So lets see you do better and become a worthless POS.

Comment

• I want to be a useless POS.
                                Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                                TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Working...
                                X