New PubBot's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pubbots are good

The new PubBots are good, they always had tracked obscene words as the nword so staff could pick up on that. The teamkilling was also a good idea. Moderators have a hardtime picking up on ?cheater calls for teamkilling, as I have heard/seen. I think it's a great idea, it gives them a break from hassle id say
    1:Hydride> who we play next week
    1:ReNdErED> Pandora
    1:ReNdErED> gulp
    1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
    1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
    1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
    1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
    1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

I'd rather see offenders locked in spider so they might learn something useful as far as basing goes. A WB is a subpar basing ship against a strong team, whereas a spider can actually be valuable. Other than that, I like the idea. I haven't seen enough changes to warrant coming back and playing, but I'm glad staff has finally done something to make pubs somewhat enjoyable again.
      Originally posted by Tone
      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
      Originally posted by the_paul
      Gargle battery acid fuckface
      Originally posted by Material Girl
      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Things it does that it shouldn't:
        gets mad(der) about kills due to mines exploding near enemies.
        gets mad(der) about kills due to long sniper shots at base entrance in the quest to get to 20 bounty.
        keeps a running count of TK's... reguardless of if you died or went into spec
        actually switches your ship after enough TK's... can't it just send a warning to moderators?
        Do you realize what it would take to accomplish the first two? And for the third, people could get away with tk'ing as much as they wanted if they just died or did a quick ship change. Sending a warning to moderators is not necessary when the bot can handle things itself and moderator time can be better spent doing other more important tasks.
        USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

things it does well:
          - makes levs accountable for being retards
          things it should do better:
          - be nicer to sharks (exempt, even)
          - setship people to spiders, like PH said.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Hatred
            I'd rather see offenders locked in spider so they might learn something useful as far as basing goes. A WB is a subpar basing ship against a strong team, whereas a spider can actually be valuable.
            Yeah I do that in cases where shipchanging is appropriate. It's more fun to watch them squirm in spid because they can't handle it. Usually I get PMs back, "Eww spid. Can't I be wb?"

Comment

Just have the bots ban the teamkillers, and yes the shark for imunity.

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt
                Do you realize what it would take to accomplish the first two? And for the third, people could get away with tk'ing as much as they wanted if they just died or did a quick ship change. Sending a warning to moderators is not necessary when the bot can handle things itself and moderator time can be better spent doing other more important tasks.
                Sadly, dieing didn't reset it a day or 2 ago when I first posted. I noticed for the 20 minutes I played today the pubbots weren't in the arena.

And maybe 4-5 kills causes a shipset. In a firefight in base, 4-5 TKs is inevitable... people fire across back right before impact and do other stupid things. Theres no way to get to above 200 bounty before a shipchange when people are actually fighting for base.

Comment

Originally posted by drjibbajabba
                  In a firefight in base, 4-5 TKs is inevitable...
                  That's not acceptable anymore for Levis or Javlins. Team killing has never been acceptable and the only difference now is that we can detect it, you'll just have to trust in the Mod's ability as always for banning and play smarter. For sharks the limit should be much higher and they'll just have to not mine like idiots.

Comment

rofl so you get speced for TK's in a shark...

way to fuck up TW!

oh and heres a good idea to stop teamkilling...

hire staff that actually know what there doing? I think we should remove all bots and go back to manual hosting for like a year, I'm really really really tired of staff thinking that new bots will fix the problems...
                    Last edited by hogo; 05-10-2005, 03:23 AM.

Comment

P.S. you are all gay...

except for rudy

Comment

Originally posted by hogo
                        P.S. you are all gay...

except for rudy

Best double post ever ^-^
                        STARKITTY
                        A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Originally posted by hogo
                          rofl so you get speced for TK's in a shark...

way to fuck up TW!

oh and heres a good idea to stop teamkilling...

hire staff that actually know what there doing? I think we should remove all bots and go back to manual hosting for like a year, I'm really really really tired of staff thinking that new bots will fix the problems...
                          he got a point, it is kinda normal when u get some tks in a shark so why are u guys fucking it up for everyone.

thx staff

no wonder that so many ppl dont like to base....
                          Originally posted by Kolar
                          My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                          ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

I agree with Hogo and due !
                            Let's take all the bots offline .. lol .. go to the park where they put the Bots. Ur amazed of the amount of bots there are.

ElfBot
                            HackBot
                            PubHub
                            RoboBot
                            RoboHelp
                            RoboKing
                            RoboQueen
                            StaffBot
                            TWBot1
                            ZonerBot
                            DoCk> <== lols

Anyways ... let's also remove TWD ! Let's go back to SD's. No rankings, no points, no challenges but hell more fun.
                            7:Barton> hi tats
                            7:Barton> still no smod?
                            7:Barton> :(
                            7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
                            7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
                            3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

Sorry if I am gay (I'd better inform my wife of 25 years).

The trouble I see with counting shark teamkills is easy to understand. You are punishing someone for something they do not have control of (unless you say do not lay ANY mines).

For example. It becomes no problem to get people ship reset if I want to fuck with them. All I have to do is sit in venerable areas where my team-mate mines and wait for them to be repped by other team. The shark can not control this at all.

Or is this supposed to become a new strategy for Basing, a 'mole' player? I am on Freq 1 and tell them that that I will jump to Freq 2 and let their shark team kill me until he gets ship reset. Freq 2 loses base with no shark.

Comment

An Idea

The bot records teamkills, well maybe when it reaches 3+ teamkills, and players know it is deliberate teamkills then maybe give them a command to type. IE, !TK <player>
                                That would work well for sharks too. If players tell the shark to stop mining high because of the teamkills. They then should warn the shark and have a choice to do some kind of command, as, "!TK <player>". The bot would track future teamkills by that player and switch him if he teamkills 1-3 more times.

I know it would be difficult, Distort, but I do know it can be done with an input variable, etc.
                                1:Hydride> who we play next week
                                1:ReNdErED> Pandora
                                1:ReNdErED> gulp
                                1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
                                1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
                                1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
                                1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
                                1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

Working...
                                X