No announcement yet.

New PubBot's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That will be abused so much Hydride. It's hard to detect intentional Team killing and accidental but the bot can do it well enough now and shipset if needed. For sharks I can understand how annoying it is and the limit should be different to encourage players to use this basing ship yet use it well enough to know where to mine. Mostly it's still people team killing without caring. I think the system works better now because levis and javs need to play smarter or risk being found and or banned for something that is illegal.

Comment

as for tk's have any of you ever been to SSCU 17th Parallel?

they have a very unique way of counting tk's. if u are tked by someone u get a short 5 line menu with some choices on what to do in order to punish the teamkiller. i think i recall the command to be ::!punish # and the punish command is only available for a short period of time.

some of the choices were: warp person around a few times, prize them energy depletion, the last choice was forgive the person, another was to store the tk.

the store tk option is cool, cuz u can store them up and eventually kick the person off when u have enough stored.

two cents.
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

If you think that's a good idea for TW then you'd better get a refund. It isn't even worth ONE cent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
          ... For sharks I can understand how annoying it is and the limit should be different to encourage players to use this basing ship yet use it well enough to know where to mine...
          My earlier post points out how it doesn't matter if a shark 'knows where to mine'. This is a huge difference. I'll say it again. You are punishing someone for something they do not have control of (unless you say do not lay ANY mines).

ANY good shark pair could go use their reps and get the opposing shark ship-reset. I don't give a shit how careful a player might be laying mines, the fact remains that it is largely out of his control.

I consider myself an experienced shark player and the stupid thing shipchanged me and changed the outcome of the game. I have never been banned and can only remember one case were I was warned in 6 years of play.

This is a stupid way of trying to automate the job of a mod. Humans can make judgement calls, a fucking Bot can not. Stop trying to automate judgement decisions.

Shark was already a under-utilized ship in pubs. It is a 'thank-less' job to play pub shark to begin with, and now it has been made it unusable.

Because of this issue, and not that it matters to anyone, but I will not play shark in pub anymore.
          Last edited by Ephemeral; 05-11-2005, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
            My earlier post points out how it doesn't matter if a shark 'knows where to mine'. This is a huge difference. I'll say it again. You are punishing someone for something they do not have control of (unless you say do not lay ANY mines).

ANY good shark pair could go use their reps and get the opposing shark ship-reset. I don't give a shit how careful a player might be laying mines, the fact remains that it is largely out of his control.

I consider myself an experienced shark player and the stupid thing shipchanged me and changed the outcome of the game. I have never been banned and can only remember one case were I was warned in 6 years of play.

This is a stupid way of trying to automate the job of a mod. Humans can make judgement calls, a fucking Bot can not. Stop trying to automate judgement decisions.

Shark was already a under-utilized ship in pubs. It is a 'thank-less' job to play pub shark to begin with, and now it has been made it unusable.

Because of this issue, and not that it matters to anyone, but I will not play shark in pub anymore.
            listen to eph

the shark was one of the first ships I actually tried to learn, (granted I Suck At Shark) with all this cram bullshit and this new fangled TK bot my favorite ship is being destroyed and that makes hogo sad

Comment

And if Hogo is sad, Anduril is sad
              7:Barton> hi tats
              7:Barton> still no smod?
              7:Barton> :(
              7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
              7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
              3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

I've said it before: there should never be any automated system to deal with teamkills. The best way is the way it's always been handled. I know it has its own flaws but they pale in comparison to the flaws of this bot.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                  If you think that's a good idea for TW then you'd better get a refund. It isn't even worth ONE cent.
                  but....but...i liked the idea...
                  thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Ephemeral has some very good points, staff should really read his messages more closely; especially the point of mole strategy where you purposely get tk by a shark.

I never play shark, but I agree this new automated tk system should only apply to Javs and Levis.

Comment

Lols .. I don't see anyone take pub sooooo serious that he's gonna play a mole and get Tked in another team to take out the shark ...
                      Lols .. the day that I see that happening, I retire.

Comment

Somebody do what he said, quickly.
                        Originally posted by Tone
                        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                        Originally posted by the_paul
                        Gargle battery acid fuckface
                        Originally posted by Material Girl
                        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Anduril.
                          Lols .. I don't see anyone take pub sooooo serious that he's gonna play a mole and get Tked in another team to take out the shark ...
                          Lols .. the day that I see that happening, I retire.
                          Were you around when people would take advantage of the freq-change-teamkill bug? Or seen people who hunt other people for months in pubs? Or come into a pub for over a year and macro political statements?

How is that any more or less 'serious' about the game?

Comment

Yes I was, but my point is that I don't think that people put so much energy in taking the flag in a pub.
                            You hardly ever see flagroom fights anyway in Pub. Mostly they're just flying and killing outside base, and there is like one lonely javelin sitting near the flag, waiting to kill some lost warbird who has no clue where he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                              That will be abused so much Hydride. It's hard to detect intentional Team killing and accidental but the bot can do it well enough now and shipset if needed. For sharks I can understand how annoying it is and the limit should be different to encourage players to use this basing ship yet use it well enough to know where to mine. Mostly it's still people team killing without caring. I think the system works better now because levis and javs need to play smarter or risk being found and or banned for something that is illegal.
                              Well instead of moderators watching them.. waiting for a teamkill after a warning (They may not know if it is intentional) why not have a command for them to type so the bot will automatically ban them if they teamkill for x number more times. People will be encouraged to stop teamkilling, even when a moderator has left the arena. As I report a bit, the player sees a mod come in and they switch ships :<
                              1:Hydride> who we play next week
                              1:ReNdErED> Pandora
                              1:ReNdErED> gulp
                              1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
                              1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
                              1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
                              1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
                              1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

That's not an improvement either. It's still too easily abused. No one should ever be banned for something without a staffer actually present to witness it. If people think there are too many complaints about bans now, this would only make it worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X