No announcement yet.

New PubBot's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah automated bans would never work for TW. Mods can change to another name and watch the player if needed. It was good the way it worked before where only players would report TKs, but most players would ignore it and move on, even if it was rampent because they had little faith in the abilities of the staff (because their friends' sister's brother got banned by them because he's a dirty racist) in the first place.. so why bother reporting it...
    Last edited by Kolar; 05-11-2005, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
      Yeah automated bans would never work for TW. Mods can change to another name and watch the player if needed. It was good the way it worked before where only players would report TKs, but most players would ignore it and move on, even if it was rampent because they had little faith in the abilities of the staff (because their friends' sister's brother got banned by them because he's a dirty racist) in the first place.. so why bother reporting it...
      I would like to see staff go on alias, but, i am afraid to say some are to ignorant to do so :< (I AM NOT REFERING TO ALL OF STAFF)
      1:Hydride> who we play next week
      1:ReNdErED> Pandora
      1:ReNdErED> gulp
      1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
      1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
      1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
      1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
      1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

we need some undercover staff like in the other thread.
        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Not good
          Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
            I played Pub yesterday and was the only person willing to shark. We owned the flag room from the first minute. I was placing mines very low in the entrance, but several of my javs kept dying when these mines were repped. With just a minute or two left, I was change into a WB for 'tking'.

Base was lost, no one else on my frequency would shark, other frequency came back and won.

Is this the way it is supposed to work?

I got warned about that... GG
            This new system totally sucks really bad.
            yeah, TKing is illegal BUT everyone knows how hard is it to play without any TKs.
            I'm pretty sure noone with brains dont tk on purpose, those should get warned. Not those who are trying to get in or defend the base.
            I'm sure jebASS specced me before warning... but i still dont know why did he warn me. I played like a normal person. I'm not a fuckign machine who could play without any TKs.
            Soon there are no longer javs or sharks in pub.
            THANKS FOR THOSE STUPID PUB SETTINGS! <_<
            -Kawrae

Comment

Originally posted by Kawrae
              yeah, TKing is illegal BUT everyone knows how hard is it to play without any TKs.
              I'm pretty sure noone with brains dont tk on purpose, those should get warned. Not those who are trying to get in or defend the base.
              I'm sure jebASS specced me before warning... but i still dont know why did he warn me. I played like a normal person. I'm not a fuckign machine who could play without any TKs.
              Soon there are no longer javs or sharks in pub.
              THANKS FOR THOSE STUPID PUB SETTINGS! <_<
              they removed the warnings for shark!!!

thx guys
              Originally posted by Kolar
              My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
              ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

The Levi Armada will hear of this. Surely you realize the cloaker's influence is preading like poison through our youth population. This will be evidenced in the end, and the Levis will strike at the heart of this campaign of evil! Repent from your cloaker bot worship, and go, go into the Blue Light, there to be healed and forgiven for your insolence!

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt
                  Sending a warning to moderators is not necessary when the bot can handle things itself and moderator time can be better spent doing other more important tasks.
                  This is the problem with TW. What more important tasks could a moderator be doing? Making more bots? Are you serious?

LET'S HAVE BOTS CONTROL EVERYTHING, THEN MODS CAN DO WHAT THEY REALLY NEED TO DO, LIKE... MAKING MORE BOTS TO CONTROL THINGS!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. Let's think about RoboHelp. The Worst bot ever in TW. Now being a <ZH> means all you have to do is have a macro that says ;on it and know how to !tell someone. Great! Perfect way to be a Zone Helper!

But wait! This is really good, right? Because now the staff has this bot, so they can do more important things. Fucking STOP making more bots to control TW. That is the problem!

Staff: Please stop making bots to fix TW. Fix Staff first. Train <ZH>s to go handle calls. Teach them that their tag is about service in TW, not about bot coding. Train them all the way up. Then when they advance up the ladder in TW, they won't be some lazy ass who has "better things to do" than wtach for Teamkillers or enforce TW rules. Thanks.
                  3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
                  3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                  MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Kawrae
                    Considering some auto-bot-banning-for-TKs: it may be interesting if coders try some experiments - for example they can:
                    green energy depleted when you TK or
                    lower your bounty (this would definately stop blind long range bombing especially considering levs) or
                    degrade your ship (may be interesting to see bombless javs )
                    Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

Please limit the amount of terriers to 2 in pure pub.
                      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
                        Please limit the amount of terriers to 2 in pure pub.
                        I think that if they will ever considering limiting any ship in pub it will be jav.
                        Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

Yeah it's bloody populair, yesterday I played in public and both teams were full to 15, and there were about 20 javelins in base. I asked wether the amount of javs could be limited, but it's not going to be possible, the only thing you can do is report the teamkillers, but there are so many and they don't really teamkill on purpose, they just shoot randomly.

I asked for a tight terrier limit because it would give more structure to the game, now everyone is randomly attaching to 5 different terriers, and so basing is just as random as spawnzone, so it's no use trying to make a basepub in this half form. Now if a team loses flagroom there will be a bunch of terriers on the roof trying to burst in. An average team will have at least 3 terriers, so you will have little attacking groups of about 3.
                          Nice basing.. 4 terriers and 10 javelins.. I really tried to return to public, but it just isn't fun anymore once you played ?go base.
                          Last edited by Zerzera; 05-27-2005, 07:19 AM.
                          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Maybe if the two terriers dont enter the base within a small, unannounced or random time period they'd get shipset back to a spider/wb? I think having the bot shipsets for accidental team killing for javs (2-3 tks) is completely acceptable, beyond that number it could lock them or report to moderators. For Levi team kills it could downgrade or degreen them for each team kill (if that's possible).

Comment

Why not just have a bot control each players's ships, to fly, fire and attach. Then, we can all sit back and watch a perfectly executed game of base.

Comment

A_S_S_wipe, you have no idea how much of a problem team killing is so please keep off this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X