No announcement yet.

New PubBot's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have an idea, I play in those arenas as well. The javs tk all the time, and jsut earlier, no bot ship changed them, the ones I was watching. No biggie, I can understand a few tks happen. I hope the bots DO move in the right direction.

Comment

True Kolar, TKing is a problem.
      BUT i think this new system is even bigger problem than those TKs.
      -Kawrae

Comment

Yes it's not perfect Kawrae but atleast something is being tried and in most cases staffers are going to watch players more so now then ever. It needs to be tweaked more and players need to learn that TKing is TKing, accidental or not you need to learn that collateral damage is not acceptable. If you're talking about sharks then yes they need to be excluded almost entirely from this system.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
          .... If you're talking about sharks then yes they need to be excluded almost entirely from this system.
          at first - I am sharking in pure pubs so I know what I am talking about (hopefully)

Shark TKing is still a problem tho - especially mining on attack... I guess it cannot be handled by bot tho - really too specific issue.
          But still u have sharks who mine near friendly terr in FR battle - I would rather of simple counting of sharks TKs appreciate some kind of ratio - ie its usually acceptable one TK to one or two kills in FR (if not your terr of course ) Sharks with bad ratio may be then waned/switched/provided with link to some guide.
          Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

It's hard to deal with attack miners with bots but i'm sure some other way like you said would work. Flag mining is necessary with cloakers these days, more so for pure publics so it's more complicated then it looks.

Comment

So fix the fucking weasel. Stop letting it sneak in with 5 seconds left and unnecessarily extend the round. Oh wait, that's right, staffers who have the authority and ability to make these changes don't understand (or just don't care about) the frustration involved when a team is playing a near-flawless round and some dickweed cloaker creeps in through a roof hole and snatches the flag so his team can spend another 3 minutes failing to get into the FR. Repeat. Again and again and again.

I can't play in pub 0 anymore with these bullshit settings, and I'm not alone in that respect. A total of ONE ship has unconditional, full-time X-Radar. I'm sorry that a few rookie javs can't use their ship, but a good jav was THE best defense against a roof weasel. Before the jav got dumbed down I was one of the best at guarding against that shit. Not one of those cocksucking fucks EVER got in on my watch. I might not have always killed them, but I scared them enough to keep them away from the roof holes. Now I get to choose between shark and lanc, which are useless as all hell when shooting from FR to roof. Plus they don't always get X-Radar anyway, so it's a crap shoot at best to even try cleaning roof with them. But I digress.

I could give a rat's ass what the bots do for teamkills, because I rarely if ever teamkill. But for the love of whatever deities upper staff believes in, please stop this Weaselgate bullshit. The ship has gone from legitimate to ludicrous. To hell with trying to fix levis, they're a lost cause as long as selfish maggots like Tone and A_S_S_wipe are around. Bots warning and shipchanging for teamkills? E for effort, F for fucked up priorities. Fix the goddamn piece of shit weasel. Pure pub basing will stay fucked until you make it big again, or at the very least give the jav its X-Radar back. With the TK warnings and shipchanges I don't see what harm it would do to give them a way to defend against the little shits. If they fuck up they'll be put in their place, while the good javs will keep roof clean and dipshit-free.
              Originally posted by Tone
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
              Originally posted by the_paul
              Gargle battery acid fuckface
              Originally posted by Material Girl
              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
                Were you around when people would take advantage of the freq-change-teamkill bug? Or seen people who hunt other people for months in pubs? Or come into a pub for over a year and macro political statements?

How is that any more or less 'serious' about the game?
                I miss Spinsanity. He was good for a laugh.

I have to dissagree with Pure Hatred. I like the fact that a weasel (or any other ship) can come in and extend the round, it makes it more fun. If every round was 3 minutes, 7 bounty win, refreshments, that would suck. It's just another challenge, and if you've got terriers who pay attention, or lancs or sharks for that matter, it isn't a problem. You fear change! Fatty.

Change is good, but thus far, the changes have been shit. The weasel is retarded, I agree. But, as the old Hindu proverb says, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and tone managed to whine the loudest. I say we just spam the living hell out of the forums until we get our way, until staff says, "Maybe this will shut them up."

Comment

Originally posted by PEGASiS
                  This is the problem with TW. What more important tasks could a moderator be doing? Making more bots? Are you serious?

LET'S HAVE BOTS CONTROL EVERYTHING, THEN MODS CAN DO WHAT THEY REALLY NEED TO DO, LIKE... MAKING MORE BOTS TO CONTROL THINGS!!!!!!!!!!

Train <ZH>s to go handle calls. Teach them that their tag is about service in TW, not about bot coding.
                  Please try to know what you're talking about before ranting about it, k? I only know of 1 zh that makes bots, and that is because he has no life . The majority of staff doesn't make the bots, there are maybe 10 people directly involved with the bots in the entire zone.

The main reason for having RoboHelp is so that the zh's can be monitored if I understand correctly, so the more calls they answer the better they look at promotion opportunities (motivating them to answer more calls OMG!).

I would say that watching for tk's is important, some noob killing another noob in pub is not the end of the world, especially when people are flying through walls and tweaking their frequency. This I suppose is a matter of opinion, however, so if you think you can better keep hundreds of 13 year olds in line you should try to be a zh yourself. Anyone who is willing to put up with all of the crap that zh's have to put up with, from players and other staff members has my respect for that.
                  USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Lets not make this thread to another weasel bitching one. I think weasels are not tmojor threat because of:

- you need to have flag for 3 or 5 sec at least till bot notices that
                    - terr has costless xradar so he can warn easily
                    -jav and lanc has xradar good enough to hunt weasel if they know there is one near

I personally find quite hard to steal the flag from decent team in weasel.
                    Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt
                      Please try to know what you're talking about before ranting about it, k? I only know of 1 zh that makes bots, and that is because he has no life . The majority of staff doesn't make the bots, there are maybe 10 people directly involved with the bots in the entire zone.

The main reason for having RoboHelp is so that the zh's can be monitored if I understand correctly, so the more calls they answer the better they look at promotion opportunities (motivating them to answer more calls OMG!).

I would say that watching for tk's is important, some noob killing another noob in pub is not the end of the world, especially when people are flying through walls and tweaking their frequency. This I suppose is a matter of opinion, however, so if you think you can better keep hundreds of 13 year olds in line you should try to be a zh yourself. Anyone who is willing to put up with all of the crap that zh's have to put up with, from players and other staff members has my respect for that.
                      First off, you're an idiot. Did you read my post? I would guess not. Having RoboHlep to monitor ZH's number of calls taken sounds good to you? I was on staff chat when Torr <ZH> aka Stalfos aka (no one knows, he changes his name monthly) was on staff. He had an ;on it macro that he could hit so fast it was ridiculous. ZH's don't read ?help calls. They just say ;on it. Then they say !tell bla bla. Great! Thanks for the automated help line. Have you ever tried calling a bank when you had a question about your account (if you're even old enough to have money or an account)? Don't you think automated systems are lovely! What the fuck does it take to talk to a real peron who knows what he's talking about?

Now Trench Wars ?help line has become just that. Every answer is !tell, and every ZH that does it has no clue as to the answer. But BY GOD THEIR NUMBER OF ANSWERED CALLS IS BEING RECORDED. Maybe if they do ;on it 500 times this month they can be ER. Great! More kiddie ER's who don't know what's going on. Here's an idea: Stop monitoring with bots! Stop answering calls with bots! Stop using bots to do what literate human beings can do.

I do realize that you blessed these forums by joining in February of 2004, which means you've been playing for at least a year. I know that means you're obviously a veteran. But please, don't act like you know anything about TW now or how it used to be.
                      3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
                      3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                      MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

That is a problem with the ZH's then, and not with the bots.

ps. I know more than you think I do.
                        USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by Riesen
                          I have to dissagree with Pure Hatred. I like the fact that a weasel (or any other ship) can come in and extend the round, it makes it more fun. If every round was 3 minutes, 7 bounty win, refreshments, that would suck. It's just another challenge, and if you've got terriers who pay attention, or lancs or sharks for that matter, it isn't a problem. You fear change! Fatty.
                          If I fear change, why the hell am I calling for it? Assclown.

A team that plays flawlessly for 3 minutes deserves to win the round, regardless of what ideas a no-talent fuckhead weasel might have. In some cases I've seen a team suck so badly that even the terrier himself basically says "we suck guys, we're not getting in, someone x the flag". That's bullshit. You have 3 minutes plus the time between rounds to organize your team, and if you can't get your act together AT LEAST to a point where you can get in the flagroom in that amount of time, you don't deserve a chance to extend the round. Period. I'm all for a round being extended due to a frontal flagroom breach, because that means the defending team didn't hold their ground and they don't deserve to win at that point. But as I said, in a heated battle a team can execute a perfect flagroom defense, and a weasel can come through one of four holes. A terrier cannot warn against multiple weasels, and often three or more weasels will try to steal the flag when their team has given up. That makes for a busy terrier. He has to warn his teammates, and then try to fend the bastards off basically on his own because he's the only one with a full-time X-Radar to use against them, which you failed to consider as far as sharks and lancs go. Protecting the flagroom from these fucks should not be a crap shoot. If you're going to leave the damn thing small, at least consider this. With the addition of the teamkill warns and shipchanges, the good javs deserve to have their X-Radar returned to them. It won't make a difference with the bad ones because they can't hit shit with or without the X-Radar, and they'll end up TK'ing themselves into at least a shipchange.
                          Last edited by PH; 05-27-2005, 08:09 PM. Reason: penis
                          Originally posted by Tone
                          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                          Originally posted by the_paul
                          Gargle battery acid fuckface
                          Originally posted by Material Girl
                          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Hatred
                            If I fear change, why the hell am I calling for it? Assclown.

A team that plays flawlessly for 3 minutes deserves to win the round, regardless of what ideas a no-talent fuckhead weasel might have. In some cases I've seen a team suck so badly that even the terrier himself basically says "we suck guys, we're not getting in, someone x the flag". That's bullshit. You have 3 minutes plus the time between rounds to organize your team, and if you can't get your act together AT LEAST to a point where you can get in the flagroom in that amount of time, you don't deserve a chance to extend the round. Period. I'm all for a round being extended due to a frontal flagroom breach, because that means the defending team didn't hold their ground and they don't deserve to win at that point. But as I said, in a heated battle a team can execute a perfect flagroom defense, and a weasel can come through one of four holes. A terrier cannot warn against multiple weasels, and often three or more weasels will try to steal the flag when their team has given up. That makes for a busy terrier. He has to warn his teammates, and then try to fend the bastards off basically on his own because he's the only one with a full-time X-Radar to use against them, which you failed to consider as far as sharks and lancs go. Protecting the flagroom from these fucks should not be a crap shoot. If you're going to leave the damn thing small, at least consider this. With the addition of the teamkill warns and shipchanges, the good javs deserve to have their X-Radar returned to them. It won't make a difference with the bad ones because they can't hit shit with or without the X-Radar, and they'll end up TK'ing themselves into at least a shipchange.
                            Whatever, fatty. Not all weasels are part of a crappy team just trying to make the round last longer. Plus, if you are a flawless team, you'll get more points, and points make the player. Right? I would like to see the weasel go back to its old settings, and not be able to touch the flag, though.

Comment

A total of ONE ship has unconditional, full-time X-Radar.
                              I thought both terr and weasel can have it on full-time? I've found that flying a weasel myself seems to be the best defense.. at least, given my specific abilities as a pilot.

at the very least give the jav its X-Radar back.
                              seriously, whoever took it from the jav to give it to the lanc.. what was the reasoning behind that? javs were awesome x-killers.. especially against the ones that tried to sneak in fr holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesen
                                Whatever, fatty. Not all weasels are part of a crappy team just trying to make the round last longer. Plus, if you are a flawless team, you'll get more points, and points make the player. Right? I would like to see the weasel go back to its old settings, and not be able to touch the flag, though.
                                Weasels have no place in basing, period. To say that 'not all weasels are part of a crappy team just trying to make the round last longer' is completely false. What the fuck else is the weasel? It's not anything else. Period. You're not making good arguments, so stop posting.
                                3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
                                3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                                MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

Working...
                                X