No announcement yet.

thank goodness for Levis and LTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Kuuk, I have summed up my stance. I would prefer map changes than ship changes. Ok, change lev attach bounty to 40 or something, that will cut down a lot of the levis, if proper map changes discouraged random bomb hurling.
    Well, it is 7:30 and about 70 ppl in pubs. Two deny me the ability to attack base with levs, the thirsd has no one levving or basing. It might lure some lev players to base if the levi arenas had a similar timed game, with defense levis/ attack levis.
    As far as the number of ppl in there, those arenas stay full 24/7, at night theres no option to play levs in a full arena. That msut mean there are lev palyers in those bot pubs, who play there for no other reason than that is where the few players online are. Thats all I'm saying.
    The whole ?go base where there are no levis allowed at all has ticked me off, then the two late night arenas are denied. I'm bitching because even though ship settings remained, I still cant play levi in a decently populated arena. Without moving the bots or turning one off at night, what do I do? I come here to bitch, I guess. So thats how I think basing is forced on us. If its the whole intent of TW (which I disagree, elim and such are just as popular), then I can deal with it. But in fact, the TW I've known is changing, and I only wanted to add my 2 cents. If its progress, why cant theri be progress with levis, and not the gay settings like a Mark2.
    Map settings. They added the blocks to stop fast bombing, LTs got around it, add some more blocks. Players like me get bored with puny ship settings. Lets see some new maps or attach bounty settings.
    But, if the zone must progress and leave the levi behind, then I guess I have no choice but to find a zone elsewhere. Which is exactly what I've been doing.
    Fuck it all I guess, this is getting me nowhere. During the day I may play trench while the levi arenas are up, or hosted games such as turretwars come around. But at night I'll find other venues.
    And time between posts jsut means I'm asleep.
    Anyway, thanks for listening to my vents, there is nothing for me to do but sit back and watch my favorite haunt unravel. At least I spoke up.
    Lets go ahead and remove the levis for at least 2 weeks, to see how it goes. That will end all debate once and for all.

Comment

Leave!!!!!
      help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

When I'm ready. Thanks for your non literate post.

Comment

Originally posted by A_S_S_wipe
          OK, Troll, I deduce from your post that if the numbers dropped, and it hurt gameplay, then the anti-lev campaign was a failure. From Kolar's point of view though, it would be a success.
          I point is it wouldn't hurt the game play if we did lose those players playing the levi. The population may be hurt but we only have everything but a short term spikes in the population to gain if we do remove the current levi.

Comment

When I'm ready. Thanks for your non literate post.

Originally posted by send
            im missing your illiterate posts on forums these days
            Some people like them.
            help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

Comment

They must be French or something then.

Comment

What the fuck ?

have to go now, it class is over. i flame you when I get back home.

Comment

I had no idea they let you use computers in Newbology 101. Hmmmm

Comment

Well, Kuuk, I have summed up my stance. I would prefer map changes than ship changes. Ok, change lev attach bounty to 40
                    It will just take longer for their friends to green them.

The whole ?go base where there are no levis allowed at all has ticked me off, then the two late night arenas are denied. I'm bitching because even though ship settings remained, I still cant play levi in a decently populated arena. Without moving the bots or turning one off at night, what do I do?
                    Not annoy people trying to base?

If its the whole intent of TW (which I disagree, elim and such are just as popular), then I can deal with it.
                    It is the goal and game of public maps. Even though you can do whatever you want in public arenas that can not take precedent to basing, nothing can. Dueling exists because duelers made their own sub arenas and games since spawning in publics get boring, too many new players... and it mostly didn't help people trying to get to the base.

I respect Troll King's opinion and I think he's a lot better at this stuff then me but revamping the public map is unlikely. It took Ari long enough to come up with a map for basing, I don't think it will be changed much ever.

Comment

It may take a while to get a map just right, but it's taking a long while to get the settings right too. Some of my suggestions won't require as big a map change as people expect either.

Comment

I had no idea they let you use computers in Newbology 101. Hmmmm
                        First of all, when you made this post, where you really lauching behind your desk and telling yourself your so funny ? 2nd of all. Dude ... Newbology? how do you come up with this stuff ?

Comment

Well, Kuuk, I have summed up my stance. I would prefer map changes than ship changes. Ok, change lev attach bounty to 40 or something, that will cut down a lot of the levis, if proper map changes discouraged random bomb hurling.
                          Then by all means do make your own map. :P
                          Actually, maybe it would be better if we ban levs from TW and the levs make their own zone? You can make your own zone, you know, it's rather easy. (Well the hardest part is getting the server.)

Well, it is 7:30 and about 70 ppl in pubs. Two deny me the ability to attack base with levs, the thirsd has no one levving or basing. It might lure some lev players to base if the levi arenas had a similar timed game, with defense levis/ attack levis.
                          For flag??? Now that just won't work. And the non-pure pubs aren't "levi arenas" dammit, most people there are not leving, or LTing.

As far as the number of ppl in there, those arenas stay full 24/7, at night theres no option to play levs in a full arena. That msut mean there are lev palyers in those bot pubs, who play there for no other reason than that is where the few players online are. Thats all I'm saying.
                          well you can go to the nonful arena, so at least at night it's possible for most people to have a decent basing going on without levs interfering. (See the word "most")

then the two late night arenas are denied. I'm bitching because even though ship settings remained, I still cant play levi in a decently populated arena. Without moving the bots or turning one off at night, what do I do? I come here to bitch, I guess. So thats how I think basing is forced on us. If its the whole intent of TW (which I disagree, elim and such are just as popular), then I can deal with it.
                          I've got nothing against duelers. You see, duelers don't make basing hard for other people who want to base, if not impossible.

But in fact, the TW I've known is changing, and I only wanted to add my 2 cents. If its progress, why cant theri be progress with levis, and not the gay settings like a Mark2.
                          Yup, of course it's important to hear oppinions from everyone. But you know, many people liked Lev Mark II. The reason you didn't like it was that it made LTing practically impossible?

Map settings. They added the blocks to stop fast bombing, LTs got around it, add some more blocks. Players like me get bored with puny ship settings. Lets see some new maps or attach bounty settings.
                          Bounty settings are ship settings too you know. :P And why do you insist on map changes instead of ship settings changes? So that there would even be a hope for LTing?

But, if the zone must progress and leave the levi behind, then I guess I have no choice but to find a zone elsewhere. Which is exactly what I've been doing.
                          Fuck it all I guess, this is getting me nowhere. During the day I may play trench while the levi arenas are up, or hosted games such as turretwars come around. But at night I'll find other venues.
                          And time between posts jsut means I'm asleep.
                          Anyway, thanks for listening to my vents, there is nothing for me to do but sit back and watch my favorite haunt unravel. At least I spoke up.
                          Lets go ahead and remove the levis for at least 2 weeks, to see how it goes. That will end all debate once and for all.
                          You were asleep for four days? :P

Anyways that two weeks wouldn't really solve anything. In the start we would have people saying "OMFG What is this shit?! Give us levs back!" and then people saying "Thank you thank you thank you". After two weeks people would come to the forums saying "OMFG What is this shit?! Keep the levs away!" and the others saying: "Thank you thank you thank you".

Comment

Are you saying that levi players who go to the non levi arenas make basing fun? That's really biased, dude. lol You'll get your wish one day.

Comment

Jesus this is getting old...

I respect Levis, or rather the players who use them to NOT fuck over the game. The people who Levi that go straight from spawn into mid/flagroom to help defend/attack and that sacrifice their bounty/score to actually help the team are to be commended.

However, LTs are not to be commended. They are fun from time to time, when you are PART of the LT. As a base Terr, finding a defense against an LT is hard, and the only spot I know of in flagroom that gives complete safety from a Levi bomb(from outside the base) is right under the flag... which puts you in danger from everything else. LTs are like, if you took the largest missle/gun in the world and put it on the fastest ship in the world, and completely negated any penalties for speed(aside from reloading) or weight. LTs are the unfair end boss of fighting games put into Continuum. In the hands of players, it takes little to no skill to defeat anyone and everyone because they are so pumped full of strength and down graded on weakness.

Keep the Mark II Levi, but with a bit faster speed, faster Shrap(the slow shrap is just not very effective), different bullets or maybe, just maybe remove bullets and give it an additional bomb, if at all possible, say perhaps a non bouncing Jav bomb as well as it's shrap bomb, kinda like having a grenade and mortar launcher as your weapons, I dunno... nah now that I think of it it's kind of dumb.

But anyway, LT really does fuck basing, I compare Levis(just Levis mind you) to Heavy Armors in games like Tribes, which is a pretty valid comparison, however LTs are again like I said earlier, if you gave the power of the Heavy with the Speed of the light.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                              .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Working...
                              X