Trench Warzone League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trench Warzone League

Ok, so at best the next TWL is a month away. Phooey.

So, here's an idea.

Some of you have probably played Warzone in TW before. Some of you may have played in the Warzone zone or even league. And I think a short warzone league would be cool to spend a few of the weeks until TWL begins.

Scope :

The league would be composed of 9 teams. Any squad can apply, but the from the squads who apply the 9 squads with the highest ranking in TWBD would be chosen. The league would last for 5 weeks, if possible starting the weekend after next.

Match Format :

Each game would be composed of 3 teams. Standard TW WZ arena with 8 flags. Each team would have 12 players in game (this could change depending on feedback). Each match would last 20 or 30 minutes. Once time is up each team would get a point for each flag in their possession. The match would not end if a team had all 8 flags, but when time is up. In the event of a tie during the team with the lowest amount of flags would be kicked out, the game reset and a 10 minute overtime would take place.

League Format :

1 group of 9 teams. During the regular season every team would get to face every other team at least once. The 3 highest ranked squads would then go on to the final. Teams would be ranked by the amount of flags they have at the end of their games. In case of a tie the following tie breakers would decide who is ranked above who :

1 . Match Points :

- 5 points for an outright win (More flags than any other team)
    - 4 points for a shared win (2 teams have the same amount of flags, but more flags than the third team)
    - 3 points for second place (in the event that all teams have a different amount of flags)
    - 2 points for a shared "loss" (2 teams have the same amount of flags, bgut less than the first team)
    - 1 point for third place.
    - 0 points for not showing.

2 . TWBD Ranking :

- Open to other suggestions, but a snapshot of the TWBD rankings would be taken before the league starts. In the event of an unbreakable tie between two teams this will be used to seperate them.

3 . TWBD match :

- In the unlikely event the two tied teams also have the same amount of points in TWBD a TWBD match would be required. Highly unlikely scenario.

League Schedule :

Week 1 -
    1 v 2 v 3
    4 v 5 v 6
    7 v 8 v 9

Week 2 -
    1 v 4 v 7
    2 v 5 v 8
    3 v 6 v 9

Week 3 -
    1 v 5 v 9
    2 v 6 v 7
    3 v 4 v 8

Week 4 -
    1 v 6 v 8
    2 v 4 v 9
    3 v 5 v 7

Final -
    Top 3 teams against each other.

Refs :

Refs would prefarably be taken from each team in the league. Each match would be reffed by a member of staff from a team in the league, who are not playing in the match. If this is not possible another staff would be chosen.

Who would run it :

If you, the TW Public approve of the idea, if enough squads sign up, and if TW Staff approve of the idea the event would be run by someone approved by TW Staff. With their consent I would put up a small site with standings and such.

---------------------------------------

So there you have it. It's a quickly written up idea. Sure there are flaws in it and I'm not even sure if it's technicly possible at the present time. However if you all think it's a good idea, and if staff do too, we'll see if it can happen

Feel free to criticise or comment. Please slag each other off in other threads.
    gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
    gravy_: Electric granny chariots
    gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

what does this have to do with TWBD ranking? O_o
    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Of the 3 leagues I felt TWBD was the best indicator of :

a) Being able to show enough players for this to work.
      b) Have any basing ability.

Comment

Why don't we see how many teams register and not just allow 9 teams?
        9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

a ) 9 squads allows us to have a short but structured season. Every squad gets to face every other squad.
          b ) Hopefully by including a limited number of squads we'd reduce the possibility of some not showing.
          c ) If there were enough intrest for this event, and people would want to see more of it, then we'll see.

Comment

i love warzone... :fear:

Comment

Greetings,

I am sure the staff of TW have their hands full getting things prepared for TWL it self, starting something else on the side would make things worse.

Just a thought.
              TWLD Finals Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Finals Champion Season 12
              TWEL Warbird Champion: Season 4

Primordial> How many time for ld

Comment

Hey Guru, I'll offer an alternative setup since I don't think TW Staff will put their full support for this. This setup only needs 1 ref and is pretty simplified.

Change whatever #'s you want, but here's my suggestion

- 5 teams.
                - 40 players per roster
                - All 5 teams play simultaneously in a match
                - Each match is 12 v 12 v 12 v 12 v 12 ... or 16 v 16 v 16 v 16 v 16
                - 60 min matches
                - Unlimited subbing and shipchanges
                - Have the "season" run around 5 matches total? I dunno how long you want it to run ... whatever you want it to be.
                - Use whatever pts/winning system you want. You could do it straight up pts from the games all added together, or ... maybe 5 pts for 1st, 4 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th, 1 for 5th (5 pts for the team with the most total points in that match). More complicated systems can be thought up to reward high pt scoring teams or those who have the flags at the end of the match. There are a lot of possibilities.

Advantages I see using such a setup ... only need to 1 ref to watch 1 game a week. No scheduling needed, just 5 games total in the season. No special playoffs/championship format needed. 5 teams is a good number for fun matches, plus all teams should be able to show 12 (or 16) players to a game. The more teams, the less likely all can show a full lineup. Also less squads + big rosters means lots of subs and big matches are fun =).
                Last edited by Sufficient; 02-03-2006, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Awesome idea, I hope it succeeds.
                  Originally posted by turmio
                  jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                  Originally posted by grand
                  I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Sounds awsume. Kinda like EGDL

Just need a ER now :P
                    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

I kinda think suff's setup is better for the sole fact, that during a match of the setup from Guru, one team simply has to get 4 flags, then they all hide in a base and they wouldn't have to get out again, seeing as that with 4 flags the possibility of you winning that game is pretty high, aslong as 1 of the teams has 1 flag, the other can't get more then 3, and they have to AND defend their flags AND attack because you have more flags, while all you have to do is sit back.

But with suff's approach it's all about points, so you need as MANY flags as possible, + as MANY kills (thus points) as possible, so there is more of a drive to attack an other team and go out to get your kills, instead of sitting back.

I am totally in this tho, I love Warzone. I just think point based games are better then the number of flags.
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Should make new squads for that, totally different from TWD and TWL. Would be nice to see some new faces for a change :P
                        Regency> not in for dd lol
                        Regency> would rather eat some cock ;<

Comment

as a warzone god, or rather having been among the top 10 point getters before the reset killed it for the most of us, I want on erathias team. He knows why.
                          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

For the setup I suggested ... you could even do this: 4 teams that are set. But the 5th team can be a "whoever shows up but is not on a roster team that wants to play". That'll allow any random ppl who are interested to play as a sort of random team. Or you could make that as a 6th team and have 5 "real" roster-set teams.

Comment

Purple : They're free to say no
                              Jeenyuss, Doc : Thanks for the support
                              Nick : If you actually come into SS some time I'll bug you about it

Sufficient : My post is bugging the forums. Let me try adding my reply in another post.

Comment

Working...
                              X