No announcement yet.

Trench Warzone League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit : Ok, I have a few ideas to reply but this forum is bugging whenever I try to post something over about 1000 chars.

http://photos.be-damned.com/stuff/ideas.txt
    Last edited by GuruMeditation; 02-03-2006, 02:08 PM.
    gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
    gravy_: Electric granny chariots
    gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Oh sure, just skip me!

I want on a warzonesquad!!

Edit: I think the making totally different squads for this would be a very good Idea, what if for example ancients doesn't want to play, or say only 5 want to play, then I for example would be left out while I wanna play. Stuff like that.
      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Gall : I would've replied but the forum bugging is annoying me

The points system will be looked over. As I said, open to input
        As for the roster system I'm going to think it over as well. Any willing caps who can get together enough people?

Comment

I am willing to try my hand at capping.. but I am not sure if I am the best candidate.
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I'd love to be in this but BS isn't a bding squad, nor will I ever leave them.

Comment

That's why we are probably forming new and independant from twd/twl squads. And I am willing to cap one.

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
                Ok, so at best the next TWL is a month away. Phooey.

So, here's an idea.

Some of you have probably played Warzone in TW before. Some of you may have played in the Warzone zone or even league. And I think a short warzone league would be cool to spend a few of the weeks until TWL begins.

Scope :

The league would be composed of 9 teams. Any squad can apply, but the from the squads who apply the 9 squads with the highest ranking in TWBD would be chosen. The league would last for 5 weeks, if possible starting the weekend after next.

Match Format :

Each game would be composed of 3 teams. Standard TW WZ arena with 8 flags. Each team would have 12 players in game (this could change depending on feedback). Each match would last 20 or 30 minutes. Once time is up each team would get a point for each flag in their possession. The match would not end if a team had all 8 flags, but when time is up. In the event of a tie during the team with the lowest amount of flags would be kicked out, the game reset and a 10 minute overtime would take place.

League Format :

1 group of 9 teams. During the regular season every team would get to face every other team at least once. The 3 highest ranked squads would then go on to the final. Teams would be ranked by the amount of flags they have at the end of their games. In case of a tie the following tie breakers would decide who is ranked above who :

1 . Match Points :

- 5 points for an outright win (More flags than any other team)
                - 4 points for a shared win (2 teams have the same amount of flags, but more flags than the third team)
                - 3 points for second place (in the event that all teams have a different amount of flags)
                - 2 points for a shared "loss" (2 teams have the same amount of flags, bgut less than the first team)
                - 1 point for third place.
                - 0 points for not showing.

2 . TWBD Ranking :

- Open to other suggestions, but a snapshot of the TWBD rankings would be taken before the league starts. In the event of an unbreakable tie between two teams this will be used to seperate them.

3 . TWBD match :

- In the unlikely event the two tied teams also have the same amount of points in TWBD a TWBD match would be required. Highly unlikely scenario.

League Schedule :

Week 1 -
                1 v 2 v 3
                4 v 5 v 6
                7 v 8 v 9

Week 2 -
                1 v 4 v 7
                2 v 5 v 8
                3 v 6 v 9

Week 3 -
                1 v 5 v 9
                2 v 6 v 7
                3 v 4 v 8

Week 4 -
                1 v 6 v 8
                2 v 4 v 9
                3 v 5 v 7

Final -
                Top 3 teams against each other.

Refs :

Refs would prefarably be taken from each team in the league. Each match would be reffed by a member of staff from a team in the league, who are not playing in the match. If this is not possible another staff would be chosen.

Who would run it :

If you, the TW Public approve of the idea, if enough squads sign up, and if TW Staff approve of the idea the event would be run by someone approved by TW Staff. With their consent I would put up a small site with standings and such.

---------------------------------------

So there you have it. It's a quickly written up idea. Sure there are flaws in it and I'm not even sure if it's technicly possible at the present time. However if you all think it's a good idea, and if staff do too, we'll see if it can happen

Feel free to criticise or comment. Please slag each other off in other threads.
                Guru you know I love you man, but have you ever played warzone outside of TW? Frankly, TW Warzone is nothing compared to the zones who specialize in it, and your rules leave a lot to be desired.

1. Three teams per match? The game will suck with a team defending their base, a team attacking the base, and the other team flanking the attackers. Also, a time limit on a warzone game isn't realistic, you need to drop all flags to win the game.

2. Basing ranking has anything to do with this? I think not. I'm sure any pub/non-competitive squad like Paladen, STONERZ, etc would do as good if not better than the elite basers in TW.

3. Need a new map. The current warzone map frankly is trash and should not be used for any sort of structured, competitive league.

4. I don't think many people would be interested due to most wanting to practice and shake off the rust before TWL. Perhaps after TWL this would be a manageable idea, and I'd be glad to help with this, as I have ran warzone leagues in other zones.

-voth
                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

I looked at your link-reply Guru ... it sounds fine. 4 teams + 1 pub team seems good. If you're worried about the 4 regular teams showing ... you can always start the match with 12 v 12 v 12 ... and then if all teams have enough ppl allow 16. That might be a viable option to make it evened out even if ppl can't show a full 16 man starting line.

Voth - I think Guru is thinking less of a collect all the flags to win game ... and more of a moving-flag-turf style pts game. You don't have to collect all the flags to win. You just need to get the most pts at the end of the time ... maybe 45 min as Guru suggested. And getting the most pts means 1) collecting flags and getting flag ding pts 2) getting kills (preferably with flags). We don't want a game to go on forever.

Guru - I do think that Voth has a point about the map. Are you sure there are enough "decent" bases for 4-5 teams to play in simultaneously? I haven't been in ?go warzone in a long time, but if I remember correctly, only 2 bases are "real" bases. If you do decide to use another map ... maybe try out 2 entrances per base (just an idea ... most flagging warzone type bases in other zones only have 1 entrance ... but I think it'd be fun to allow 2 teams to attack 1 defending team).

Oh, and while I do see some benefits of taking basing squads from TWBD and putting them in this warzone league ... I think it's more fun to allow whoever wants to, to play with whoever they want (what Voth said). One thing you might want to do though is to pick maybe 8 ppl (2 per team ... not including the pub team) who will be the leaders for their squad. And maybe allow them to do their own recruiting ... and/or get a big long list of who would like to participate and start assigning these ppl onto the teams (could allow you a way to even out the teams).

Edit: One last thing ... I think you need to find out how the pts system works in the ?go warzone arena. How many flag pts do you get for each ding? How long btwn each flag ding? Bc if the flag pt dings don't give your team that many pts, then you need to make them worth more. Also tell us how many pts you get for kills w/o flags and kills w/flags. These are some details of the game that might be good to double check to make sure it is actually a flag-focused game. Plus maybe it'll give the teams something to strategize over.

Oh, and how many matches do you think the "season" should run Guru? I'm thinking 4-6 games.
                  Last edited by Sufficient; 02-03-2006, 06:25 PM.

Comment

voth : Well if possible 5 teams would be fine And I think the new rosters idea would work fine. Kinda like TWDT or something. I can code something if needs be

voth + voth/Suff : Regarding the map, if anyone can make a better one or if you have any ideas then sure. Maybe have 4 trench style bases facing each other (for 12 player teams) or to go with the 2 entrance idea, maybe have trench style bases with the tops attached, as so :

Code:

Exact points per ding/kill can be figured out later. They'll probably have to be fine tuned after games anyway.

Other : The news TWL is starting sooner than I thought kinda throws this into doubt. But on the other hand gives us more time to plan this through and get stuff ready.

Comment

I don't think the teams should have anything to do with TWD teams, just a thought though.
                      Originally posted by turmio
                      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                      Originally posted by grand
                      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

You get 25 points per ding per flag in warzone.

Comment

i support it, i wanna be on vehi and nn's team
                          volcano woulda owned warzone league!
                          Gun remembers.

Comment

Sorry, but I think warzone type of play is the worst with TW settings. One attachable ship, and the one hit kill ruins warzone type of game to me.
                            Only the loyal count.

Comment

Haha Sumpson, I was under the assumption that warzone settings would be made for the arena, but then again, the people doing probably have no clue what they're doing.
                              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10
                              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson
                                Sorry, but I think warzone type of play is the worst with TW settings. One attachable ship, and the one hit kill ruins warzone type of game to me.
                                Have you ever played TW Warzone? It's multiple terrs ... not just one. No limits on ships (shipchanges subs etc).

Guru: I'm thinking more and more about dynamics of the game. And I think that 12v12v12... would be too small. Make it minimum 16 and let it go up to how many ppl show up. So if teams (4 regular teams minus the pub team) can show 20, let them play 20.

Edit: One more idea for you Guru. A lotta ppl have played ?go warzone ... so I'm thinking, despite the fact that not all of the bases are very good, we can still use it. We would instead of having 5 teams, make it only 3 teams + 1 pub team. Maybe even enlarge the roster sizes to 50 or so. And have it be 20v20v20v20 ... or however many ppl can show for each team. Probably minimum would be 20 players per team in the game at one time. This way we can still use all the settings and map that's already in ?go warzone. No limits on ship changes, subs, etc like before. And probably 3-6 matches in the "season". I think this setup would involve the least amount of work. No messing with map or settings. To me, the only big thing to do is to hype it up, cuz it'll need a lot of hyping (post on trenchwars.org, in forums, on .txt, zone wide messages, etc). Also clean website to post the announcements, rosters, match dates, results (mvp ... most pts, best ratio, most kills, most deaths, etc) would help with hyping it.
                                Last edited by Sufficient; 02-05-2006, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X