No announcement yet.

1st Proposed Public Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that it should have it's speed & rotation increased too. That way it will be more of it's 'own' ship instead of (in general) having to combine with a terrier.

That said, an attach bounty of say 10 could remain. Even though it's not as powerful as before, it could still be a fairly effective turret bomber; people will just have to learn the new advantage/disadvantages.

We just need to give it a try and see how it works out.

On another note, this thread being titled '1st Proposed Public Change', are their any other suggestions for the leviathan if this version turns out to not work?
    Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

bit is vague

how much bigger blast area?
      how much more damage?

if its still up in the air, at least give a reasonable estimate

like is a bit 5-15% or is it more like 15-25% etc ...

i think this is a move in the right direction however and i'm glad to see it being tried out.

i aslo agree and have said before that if changes like this be made, it should have its speed and rotation increased, so that its still the worst but not so handicaped.
      In my world,
      I am King

sigpic

Comment

also who is on this Public Committee?
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

Burst needs to be fixed before lev.
          Supertile need to be fixed before lev.
          Luckblaster needs to be fixed before lev.

Levterring doesn't promote basing and that's all that will ever happen in an arena that its it, taking off the restriction would only hog up player spaces.

"The goal is to have 8 basing ships"
          Well that's nice but considering we only have barely 5 actual ships (and one of them with a hugely broken aspect) I'd say we've got one hell of a long ass way to go before we have a full 8.
          sage

Comment

The lev has always been a turret ship so I would see no reason to increase its speed or rotation. Under the old settings levs escaped the spawn if they knew how and yeah you die alot trying sometimes. The trick is to use what you have like the reps port and stealth to live long enough to get to the safe. It will still be a very effective ship but it won't be such a threat to a freq that just spent 5 minutes fighting to get the flagroom only to have some lev blast them out in 5 seconds. The idea is to bring back the lev without the lame properties that made the lev be removed from the pure pubs in the first place.

Whats wrong with the bursts
            what would you call a supertile and luckblaster
            ?find dads revenge

Comment

Dads I think part of this change is to move the lev away from the turret and turret only status it's had.

Originally posted by dads revenge
              Whats wrong with the bursts
              what would you call a supertile and luckblaster
              He likely thinks bursts are overpowered, especially with 5 terrs in the fr

I wouldn't mind seeing them go back to random damage (in pubs only)

Supertile=weasel Get it? it's small and powerful

Luckblaster=lancaster Get it? it shoots more than one bullet
              Last edited by Ignominy; 09-23-2006, 10:52 AM.
              afksry

Comment

lemme rephrase the changes..

Levi bombs are level 2 bombs with alittle more power/radius.
                bullets are backt o level 3
                start with stealth/3 reps and a portal

Comment

I really think that change has a chance of working
                  I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                  I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Any reduction in the attachable bty target?

Edit:

I think we should just to try it and see. I never even play in anything but the Pub 0 or robogirly pubs, because the priv-freq LT's can be a nuisance---when you're in the mood to just focus on the CTF element of TW. So I have no justification in complaining until it's implemented and we can give it a shot.

I say cool, and thanks to all involved at trying to keep the game interesting.
                    Last edited by Subjugation; 09-23-2006, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck View Post
                      lemme rephrase the changes..

Levi bombs are level 2 bombs with alittle more power/radius.
                      bullets are backt o level 3
                      start with stealth/3 reps and a portal

Increase either thrusters, speed, or turning.
                      1:abbot> i think i played well
                      1:brookus> abbot last time i checked YOU lost
                      1:brookus> so im going to say that YOU sucked as well

7:Sleuth> HOW DO YOU FUCKS SAY CRACKER
                      7:Vue> WE SAY CRACKER
                      7:Vue> U DIPSHIT

7:Rampage Jackson> wtf are you guys drunk or 15?
                      7:Vue> lol jackson when sleuth is online everyone becomes 15

oar> i got rejected from Stray
                      oar> and both of their caps are on my personal chat
                      oar> but its ok

Comment

Nothing will change from the way it was before. You'll get a good pub basing game going then there will be 3 LTs there to kill it thus killing the basing atmosphere which is what we want to promote, no?

Comment

Maybe you could link this in the message that you get when you enter pub and make a zone with this setting with a few hosted basing events so we could all have a good idea what this will do instead of speculating on a few sentinces because things in reality are a whole lot different than on paper?

From the sound of it the lev should go a little faster if its getting nurfed into a super jav.
                          Last edited by Iguana Bob; 09-24-2006, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Well a slightly less powerful bomb wont completely devastate basing like the old levi, and at the same time lets everyone have their fun. It's a step in the right direction at the very least..have to see how testing goes just like with anything though. On a side note why was the block in each ear removed??? Never got any explanation for this no matter how much I ask and its random/stupid for that to be missing
                            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

I agree with Adamant, I dont see how adding levi back in pure pub will promote basing. Javs are already a problem as it is, now we want to add a suped-up jav?

Comment

Javelins a problem? They never were before Pure Publics, I'll admitt. That's because Leviathans could blast them off the walls. While the radius is smaller than the original settings, I doubt you'll see as many Javelins as you see now. And Izor, I don't know why that block was removed sorry.
                                "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                                • Shark
                                • Dicer
                                • Sager
                                • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Working...
                                X