Swastika

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annux ... >:-O
    Hello. My dilemma is this: I love my guitar, but my guitar don't love me back. What should I do? Stevie Ray Vaughn's guitar was his first wife, she didn't speak to him, she spoke for him. That's the kind of relationship I'm trying to develop with it.

Dr. Zaius Replies:

As much as I work with your kind, you humans never cease to baffle me. It is bizarre and pathetic that you expect your "love" for an inanimnate object to be returned. The real problem is that music is a high art, and as such it requires a higher intelligence, and a fully developed set of emotions. Give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Taciturn Bob
      ridden with irony.
      How?

Also, I was the guy who thought Terrorist squad's name should be changed. And, Annux, not EVERYTHING can be considered offensive to everybody (the squadname Sk8, for instance. That's just not offensive.), and besides that, there are different levels of offensiveness. Personally, I'm all for the word "fuck" being allowed in TW, but I'm against anything that brings back memories of people dying or being enslaved in large numbers. I was playing with the name Masturbation the other day, and some guy thought that was offensive. And while he may have thought it improper, it certainly didn't remind him or his or anyone else's ancestors being gassed because of their religion. If it did remind him of that, he's a weird motherfucker. At one point before, I think I said that I don't think the swastika banner should be banned, but now I've changed my mind, especially after reading the posts of some of the people that carry the banner.
      -Face

Edit: I said I was against anything that brings back memories of people dying in large numbers. Obviously, I'm not against history books, etc, but I don't like people using things that remind others of cruel mistreatment to piss people off in a spaceship game.
      Last edited by Facetious; 07-31-2002, 06:35 PM.
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Face

blah blah blah... (the squadname Sk8, for instance. That's just not offensive.), blah blah blah....
        im offended.
        Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
        Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

Wel I believe them to be ironic in the fact they call me racist and predjudice and so forth... Well by saying these things to me are they not also being predjudice?
          The people are mad at me due to the fact that I have a banner, is that any different than skin color?

Why is it that racists try to turn things around so that the OTHER people are the ones being wrong?

Comment

I don't understand why you would keep a banner that EVERYONE seems to find offensive. I'm not saying you should do or not do stuff just because somebody happens to disagree with you, but this is just riddiculous.
            It's like you are dead set on pissing people off.
            On a side note, I personally don't give a fuck about what you choose to use as your banner.
            There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

moved to useless crap
              Matthew> Goddness is fat and has big fingers takes ur 1 hour to start a game <probbly eating>

Comment

Fallen, ty

Troll King, I'm not racist.
                At the very least you have no understanding of racism and the damage it can cause. If you did you wouldn't have made that previous post.

Comment

dolt

It is racism when I hate you because you're black. It is NOT racism when I hate you because you're you, and you also happen to be black. When people message you that you're a scumbag, they aren't being racist, because you just suck.

Comment

Wel I believe them to be ironic in the fact they call me racist and predjudice and so forth... Well by saying these things to me are they not also being predjudice?
                    The people are mad at me due to the fact that I have a banner, is that any different than skin color?
                    You CHOSE to have an offensive banner. People don't choose their skin colors.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Face
                      [B]

How?

Also, I was the guy who thought Terrorist squad's name should be changed. And, Annux, not EVERYTHING can be considered offensive to everybody (the squadname Sk8, for instance. That's just not offensive.), and besides that, there are different levels of offensiveness. Personally, I'm all for the word "fuck" being allowed in TW, but I'm against anything that brings back memories of people dying or being enslaved in large numbers. I was playing with the name Masturbation the other day, and some guy thought that was offensive. And while he may have thought it improper, it certainly didn't remind him or his or anyone else's ancestors being gassed because of their religion. If it did remind him of that, he's a weird motherfucker. At one point before, I think I said that I don't think the swastika banner should be banned, but now I've changed my mind, especially after reading the posts of some of the people that carry the banner.
                      -Face

Face,

The name Sk8 most definitely offends me, you attention craving prick. You have no care for others feelings or toleration of other peoples belief systems. I can't believe you are so thick. I think that you should be banned for your horrible nature. If I knew who you were, which I don't I would seek you out, and stand outside of your house with a bullhorn at three in the morning and tell everyone how insensitive and cruel you really are. How dare you think "Sk8" doesn't offend anyone? You mindless pig.
                      -Ennui
                      2: DaNuMbA1OrGaZmO> virginia is where all faggots are from that wear a condum

Overwhelm> Maisoul used to be a loser
                      Overwhelm> then he joined paladen and became leet ;)

Comment

Blurst.

Comment

As for Bob...

I think that your banner should be kept. Now, I know that pisses a lot of people off, but the Swastika is as much a staple of our history as the Christian cross itself. No one complains when some god loving, holier than thou Christian uses a cross as his/her banner. However, I feel that the cross is much more offensive, and has much more connotation of prejudice than the Swastika. After all, the cross is what the nazi's stood behind, or at least pretended to, just as much, if not more than the Swastika. The cross was also used as a symbol of prejudice during the Crusades, where hundreds and thousands of lives were lost, for what I believe to be no reason at all. let us remember that more people have killed, and been killed in the name of religion than for any other reason, even racism during the 30's and 40's. However, I do not condone racism in any manner, and I feel strongly that anyone who supports racism is a coward and should suffer the wrath of the masses, but the Swastika is a legitimate symbol of our history. I do think that you are a jerk for not adhering to what the vast majority of people want you to do, but at the same time I respect your courage. You really should just respect other's wishes and change your banner though. I think it would be in your best interest to do so. But if you don't want to, I don't think you should be in anyway penalized for your actions. I just think you should have an ounce of respect for others wishes and just change your banner. It isn't even that big of a deal.
                          -Ennui

Comment

Originally posted by triceratops
                            shtu up
                            Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
                            Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

Tric,

Thank you for that, that was the best ever.

Ennui

Comment

1:MAGI KOZ> A SWASTIKA REMINDS ME OF MY BROKEN FAN.

Comment

Working...
                                X