.ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
    .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
    .fff\__________/

Comment

Raise the reso so i can use my new fancy 42" tv for playing
      FIRST you pillage, THEN you burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
        I've spent 7 years playing warbird and learning to radar, I'm not going to let someone with a bigger screen and higher res outgun me because they can see me better than I can see them. No way to res increase or people will be shooting one side of twdd arena to the other, people who rush will be anoyed at going that extra distance, and people who are used to radaring will be anoyed that there whole proffesion is obsolete.
        Good, this place needs a refreshing new point of competition and tolerance
        Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
        1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
        2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
        Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
        Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
          that's the case already. he with the shittiest modem usually wins.

but you can't control that, so just enforce what you CAN and keep the res cap in place.
          F3
          1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
          1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

Originally posted by Erska View Post
            as previously stated, at a bare minimum we need to add widescreen support at least up to 1440x900.
            as I use a widescreen I gotta choose between stretched or a allot smaller playing field
            What that guy said ^
            Indulgence

Comment

Vote No

lets get 1 thing straight...no matter how big your res is, you still wont be better than me cus than id probably play on that same res as well...
              i play on a 17" but i have a 19" as well...so either way i dont care but for the overall benefit of the game, i vote No for the same reasons the "no limit res" was taken off long time ago...

truth be told, if you suck on the res we have now, you wont improve on higher res either...
              Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

Bought a widescreen because everything else in the computing world has accepted it so I might as well too... 1440by900 seemed like a nice resolution to use and it is! Everything supports 1440by900 including every single other zone except trench wars. I call all whining low rez users noobs because they're just looking for a reason to suck. High resolutions give you tiny tiny ships... is this an advantage? no. Makes it harder to stay focussed on your aim. It does, however, allow you to see more... ummm radar ftw ne1?

I vote yes and pity the foo who lives in the past... This game is all about skill. I own regardless of my resolution; to me it is merely a personal preference.

Until it changes, windowed ftw.

Comment

I voted no because I would like to see an even playing field for the competitive arenas without people needing to upgrade hardware.

For me that includes widescreen resolutions where any dimension exceeds the current maximum. People will actively exploit their width dimension so comparing areas is not valid. If you are horizontally sneaking up on someone then you are well oriented to dodge anyone exploiting your vertical.

For arenas like pub where win/loss isn't really important I am happy to see any res supported.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                    1600 * 1200 = 1920000 pixels. (31% more than current res)
                    1680 * 1050 = 1764000 pixels. (25% more than current res)
                    1280 * 1024 = 1310000 pixels. (current ress)
                    1440 * 900 = 1296000 pixels. (0.01% less than current res)

That's the difference.
                    Current Settings
                    Code:
                    Misc:MaxYRes = 1280
                    Misc:MaxXRes = 1024
                    I think the settings below would be an acceptable compromise. Adds wide screen support without too much of a disadvantage to those with smaller screens. All new computers come with wide screen of at least 1440x1024 pretty much.

Doc Flabby's suggestion of compromise for those who think removing limits from pub is too much.
                    Code:
                    Misc:MaxYRes = 1440
                    Misc:MaxXRes = 1024
                    The only arenas that needs to keep to 1280x1024 is twdd and twld. It doesnt give any advantage in any other league. In jd and bd seeing width doesnt help you much. If you want some ez kills you want to see height, up into base. or down to the spawn. Width does nothing for jd and bd.
                    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Only a widescreen resolution that's the closest to 1280x1024 please
                      Ara / AraGee / Death
                      SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                      SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                      TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                      ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
                        The only arenas that needs to keep to 1280x1024 is twdd and twld. It doesnt give any advantage in any other league. In jd and bd seeing width doesnt help you much. If you want some ez kills you want to see height, up into base. or down to the spawn. Width does nothing for jd and bd.
                        Apparently you don't know what you're talking about. In JD/LJ map we go mainly
                        from left to right or vice versa, because of the map's structure, so giving more
                        than 1280x width space gives a huge advantage to players with widescreen
                        resolution. And why wouldn't it help in BD/LB maps? You have a better vision of
                        the whole FR and lower base's tubes.
                        Ara / AraGee / Death
                        SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                        SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                        TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                        ----------------------------------------------

Comment

I don't know about you guys but to me the monitor isn't the most important part of my computer (I don't play many computer games). Meaning, when I upgrade my computer I would much rather get a new processor instead of a monitor as long as my monitor still makes me happy. I definately won't buy a new monitor for a free 2d spaceship game.

I know that widescreen come with most new computers. So support for them would be nice but I don't see how this is possible and keep the playing field even.

I am sure there is a way for staff to log the max resolution of everyone that logs into ss. If most are widescreen, and when I say most...atleast 70%, I would change max resolution. However, remember this will probably discourage some new players from trying the game.

-Legionair
                          4:Mootland <ER>> <- Mom of the year
                          4:Mootland <ER>> Hear ma baby
                          4:Mootland <ER>> Breast feeding time?
                          4:dll> YES
                          4:Mootland <ER>> Ok, take a suck
                          4:dll> u produce the best milk ^_^
                          4:Mootland <ER>> Hey, no teeth!
                          4:Mootland <ER>> ffs
                          4:dll> your nippies are red :P
                          4:Mootland <ER>> yes :\

Comment

Resolution

Originally posted by Heroin Bob View Post
                            cant believe you all are too broke to afford a 15 dollar computer. this is disgusting.

I'm pretty sure that when you have a bigger monitor, you need a better computer. If we had better computers, we would not be playing Subspace.

Originally posted by Heroin Bob View Post
                            jesus, stop crying and get with the times. max res increase doesn't mena 30495809 x 18947u3598347983289, it just means it goes up a bit.
                            ffs.
                            If it only goes up a bit, there's no point to bother upping it right? Keep the senseless talk to yourself. These comments are useless.

On topic: Don't change the max resolution for I suspect many, many Subspace players have fairly small, and cheap, monitors.
                            Do however change the option to go widescreen (1400x900 is it?). Amount of surface remains the same while it upgrades widescreen perspective.

Regards

Hakkinen B)

Comment

the less area doesn't seem to matter, the widescreen ratio gives an advantage to left right movement (not that its really that big of an advantage).

here's how you accomodate these widescreeners-- put up a sideways letterboxing, like widescreen movies on a regular aspect monitor. make it black, and then they'll just be left to wonder what's hiding in places no one should see anyway. Then they'll whine about not seeing that extra 50 pixels or so on the top and bottom...

so far poll says no and i have to aggree
                              .fffffffff_____
                              .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                              .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                              .fffffff\______/
                              .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                              .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                              .fffff\________/
                              .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                              .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                              .fff\__________/

Comment

add the widescreen, dont raise max res tho, what royce said is pretty fucking true.

Comment

Working...
                                X