Should we raise the max resolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes To Wide Screen Resolution
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I played a zone recently with no resolution limit with my computer display hooked to a wall-screen projector. I had a massive resolution that made the ships nearly the same size as they are on my laptop. The gameplay was skewed a bit to my advantage. With the maximum resolution changed, people with the ability to go higher will have an advantage. Still, people from Australia and Brazil will probably have the greater advantage with the lag. If you care about unfair advantages, keep the resolution. To me, it doesn't matter if someone has an unfair advantage, there are already tons of players who have lag that gives them more than enough edge.
      sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
      1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

So ironically Brazilians have crap connections (socioeconomic issue) which allows them to have the leg up on North American players so we should have no max resolution so our North American asses can waste immaculate amounts of money on bigger screens. Yes this is what should happen....
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Raise..

the fucking ploss limit for twd, or take it off completely. Having a 3.1 ploss if sooooo amazingly fun as the limit is 3.0.. and why the fuck is there a ploss limit in the first place, it doesnt even affect on your gameplay unless it's around 20.0 or something..

ontopic: raise the max res. to 1440x900.
          Last edited by Mela; 03-08-2008, 04:24 PM.
          (Dutch Baser)>i would have voted mccain cuz he is white

8:Hercules> whats a normal day for a finn consist of ?
          8:Singularity> alcohol and masturbation

Daldur> if u add me 6th obviously u dont want me

BasingCrew

Comment

So?

What are we going to do with this Resolution issue????

:P
            OBama/Biden 08

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Survivor View Post
              So?
              What are we going to do with this Resolution issue????
              Good question. Given the poll results, nothing is to be done :P
              Not up to me though
              Maverick
              Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
              Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
              Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
              Subspace Statistics Administrator
              Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Heres another poll regarding this issue.

widescreen or not

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=31972

i say, support widescreen.
                6:Screamo> this sub is making my leg twitch
                6:LMAO> subway is kinda shady nowdays
                6:Screamo> err
                6:Screamo> subwoofer*

1:Krazie <ER>> crap
                1:Krazie <ER>> i get one less hour of sleep
                1:Krazie <ER>> freaking DST
                1:bioture> at least my car clock will finally be correct

(ignite)>There is a new currency on the market, the IGNITE

Comment

i see no harm in allowing the standard widescreen reso (1400 something or other)

allow it in every arena, i dont care. my computer is starting to sputter, and when i get a new one i will probably grab a widescreen too.

but anyways, allow 1400

that shouldnt be a large enough difference to afford some sort of giant unfair balance. like someone said, the overall pixel numbers are still about the same.

just do it asdjfsdgjddddddddddf

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

YES, ffs, who can't go past 1280x1024 anymore??? Jeeez

Monitors are so cheap now, jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                      Good question. Given the poll results, nothing is to be done :P
                      Not up to me though

It's not a landslide victory for "No" resolution limit, however there are still a hell of alot of players that haven't voted simply because they don't have a forum name.

To get a more accutate concensus, I would do a vote when the population of TW is peaking probally on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. 1400x900 isn't that much of an increase.

"LAG" has has affected and will continue to affect this game in a far more negative way then uping the ResCap so that people with lcd Widescreens can enjoy playing this game again

P_L ,
                      I think that people are thinking that there isn't going to be cap at all. That shouldn't be the case, you guys should just up to the next common resolution 1400x900.
                      OBama/Biden 08

Comment

Originally posted by moltenrock View Post
                        YES, ffs, who can't go past 1280x1024 anymore??? Jeeez

Monitors are so cheap now, jesus.
                        i can't even get that far. no way in hell i'd go buy anything just to make the game a little easier. maybe if you had to pay to play on that higer resolution since you desire it so badly...

Can those with LCD widescreens not play on 1280 x 1024? is that why they keep whining that they will "finally enjoy playing again?" i used to be able to and now i can't, but i havent stopped enjoying the game.

is this an attempt to make the game easier? more fun? more fair?

for those of us forced to play @ 1024 x 768, the difference matters more

right now i'm at a 256 pixel disadvantage both ways, but if 1400 x 900 is allowed, i'll be at a 376 and 132 pixel disadvantage.

someone at max right now would be at a 120 disadvantage one way and at a 124 advantage teh other. so it's actually better for them (i guess)

but a 376 pixel difference is almost 1.5x the disadvantage we already face, and like to not make it any more disparaging than it already is
                        .fffffffff_____
                        .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                        .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                        .fffffff\______/
                        .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                        .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                        .fffff\________/
                        .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                        .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                        .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                        .fff\__________/

Comment

well playing on a 22 widescreen really sucks when windowed mode wont work, its so stretched i cant even line up a shot....
                          Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
                          1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
                          Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                          caco <ER>> )Oo
                          caco <ER>> bot thief!
                          caco <ER>> duel me for it
                          Evasive <E> no!
                          Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

Who the hell are these 81 idiots not realizing they TOO can probably play on a higher resolution as well? I refuse to believe those idiots who voted no have smaller than 17" monitors.

This shouldn't even be a poll, this should just be instituted flatly. It's been probably -10- years (I know it's been at least 8+) since the resolution cap was placed. 10 years of computer time is like a hojillion year advance in technology.

This doesn't even really give any advantage at all, anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by DankNuggets View Post
                              i can't even get that far. no way in hell i'd go buy anything just to make the game a little easier. maybe if you had to pay to play on that higer resolution since you desire it so badly...

Can those with LCD widescreens not play on 1280 x 1024? is that why they keep whining that they will "finally enjoy playing again?" i used to be able to and now i can't, but i havent stopped enjoying the game.

is this an attempt to make the game easier? more fun? more fair?

for those of us forced to play @ 1024 x 768, the difference matters more

right now i'm at a 256 pixel disadvantage both ways, but if 1400 x 900 is allowed, i'll be at a 376 and 132 pixel disadvantage.

someone at max right now would be at a 120 disadvantage one way and at a 124 advantage teh other. so it's actually better for them (i guess)

but a 376 pixel difference is almost 1.5x the disadvantage we already face, and like to not make it any more disparaging than it already is
                              Dude, are you playing this game on an Apple IIe? a 19" CRT is nearly worthless nowadays, they're practically giving them away. You can probably find one for 10 bucks on craigslist...even 19" LCDs are going for less than $100 at most stores nowadays. Get with the times. Or if you're too poor, get a damn job! You clearly have too much time on your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Mage View Post
                                Dude, are you playing this game on an Apple IIe? a 19" CRT is nearly worthless nowadays, they're practically giving them away. You can probably find one for 10 bucks on craigslist...even 19" LCDs are going for less than $100 at most stores nowadays. Get with the times. Or if you're too poor, get a damn job! You clearly have too much time on your hands.
                                Not everybody plays on a desktop...... I can't exactly spend $100 to upgrade my brand new laptops lcd from 1680x1050 to 1920x1200 since they don't even make 15" panels with a res that high.

Comment

Working...
                                X