This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
    pl doesnt have to prove anything on this issue aside fromt he fact that it wont happen again.

aside from that it happened a couple times now. it has been brought to his attention. he wont do it anymore. ta-daaa

I doubt this has only happened a couple of times. I'd be willing to bet that hes been using 1920x1080 in every twd game, we only know about it now because they show player resolutions on the site. It doesn't matter how shitty he is at the game, he still abused his powers. If anybody else cheated this much theyd probably get a lifeban. IMO, PL should get a lifetime TWD ban, he clearly deserves it. For some reason PL thinks rules dont apply to him which is shitty, because nobody can do anything about it. If PL was a decent person, he would step down and let somebody who actually cares about the good of the zone be sysop.

Comment

I used to play at whatever resolution I could get away with. There has to be some benefit for putting up with all you lovely whiners.

That said, I didn't play TWD or league. And even with the res advantage, I wasn't a very good player. :P

This isn't a big deal. Making a big over this small issue instead of something more important does the zone a disservice.
      TWSites.com - TWSites.com Web Hosting Services
      qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P
      3:wadi> no yawning on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by DoCk> View Post
        I used to play at whatever resolution I could get away with. There has to be some benefit for putting up with all you lovely whiners.

That said, I didn't play TWD or league. And even with the res advantage, I wasn't a very good player. :P

This isn't a big deal. Making a big over this small issue instead of something more important does the zone a disservice.
        go back into your shell hermit

Comment

I'm typing this from my shell. Can't you hear me? That faint clicking sound... that's me. I've got internets in here.
          qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P

Comment

This thread will now be 10 pages long

Comment

I wouldnt say its a small issue, the leader of the entire zone is cheating. Being sysop shouldnt mean you get a huge advantage in the game, sure some messing around is acceptable, but not in official squad matches and shit. What if he had been cheating in TWL matches? I thought the point of twd/twl was to put 2 teams on level playing fields, but I guess since throws money into the zone he can do whatever he wants. Makes perfect sense.

Comment

Can you explain to me why I served a 2 year ban for using ce in a private arena infront of a smod at the time. He prized me a Thor and asked me to make it infinate in order to join his squad.
                The bot soon disapeared and pure luck was quick to the call and ban me for life.
                It wasn't untill of late when a fellow freind and a smod at the time told me pure luck used to ask his staff how they could get me banned.
                Is it right that one staff member can get away with having an unfair advantage over other players and me serve a 2 year ban for doing something what was asked by a smod?
                We need a change in staff, removing <ZH> has crippled the zone, and the new recruits to staff over the past 2-3 years have been a joke.
                <ER> only host events they like and think hosting is their job title only.
                Staff rarely answer ?help calls but are quick to answer ?cheater calls, which shows staff would rather ban someone than help someone.
                I've realised that if i type ?go eg and do a help call in extreme games that my call will get answered within seconds.
                When new players come to the zone they don't get the help they need. We need a change in staff and I think many agree with me.
                Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                  Can you explain to me why I served a 2 year ban for using ce in a private arena infront of a smod at the time. He prized me a Thor and asked me to make it infinate in order to join his squad.
                  The bot soon disapeared and pure luck was quick to the call and ban me for life.
                  It wasn't untill of late when a fellow freind and a smod at the time told me pure luck used to ask his staff how they could get me banned.
                  Is it right that one staff member can get away with having an unfair advantage over other players and me serve a 2 year ban for doing something what was asked by a smod?
                  We need a change in staff, removing <ZH> has crippled the zone, and the new recruits to staff over the past 2-3 years have been a joke.
                  Staff rarely answer ?help calls but are quick to answer ?cheater calls, which shows staff would rather ban someone than help someone.
                  I've realised that if i type ?go eg and do a help call in extreme games that my call will get answered within seconds.
                  When new players come to the zone they don't get the help they need. We need a change in staff and I think many agree with me.
                  mods have never been concerned with helping people. All they do is sit around waiting for a chance to ban somebody. Theres like 50 people on staff, why cant players ever get help? But of course the second somebody says jew in pub chat 5 little faggots run out of hiding to harass the player. The mods need to get their priorities straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                    I understand you may feel you have been wronged, but I will not weigh in on this specific event because it is irrelevant. Playing at higher resolution for a sysop is not the same as running cheat engine. The game permits it, and the sysop permits himself to do it. Despite however much you feel this was unfair, the sysop makes the rules. He's in charge, you are not.

Staff isn't what it used to be. People who have grown up with this game and had lots of free time have moved on with their lives, and there isn't much qualified new blood to replace them. The gene pool grows thin with time. This is simply the way things go.

Oh and I hope nobody goes saying "if I were staff, i would XXXXX" or "I should be staff, everything would be different!" - because in my experience these types of people are the least qualified for staff. Having such a narrow point of view is good for nobody. I used to try to find people who said they didn't want the job. Those guys are usually the best.

I'm not going to say anything else on this topic. Anything else I say will be inane banter. One of the benefits of being retired is being able to plug my ears to not have to hear the endless whining of hundreds of shallow minded fools. Not that you're one. Just saying.
                    Last edited by DoCk>; 06-11-2010, 02:27 PM.

Comment

excuse me, but i don't really get this talk about nobody answering help calls crap that keeps getting repeated in every single thread that has something to do with staff. i have been staff for quite a while now and i haven't seen that many helps calls that has been left unanswered (and as you know, i am a fucking nerd that is online a lot more than i should be). however, most of the time help calls are answered by some stupid automatic bot reply (to be honest, that's a bad thing) and those automatic responses should be just be removed completely. i believe there has to be more interaction between staff and players, which is why the automatic responses from bots plain suck. but hey, i don't make the rules and i don't have the power to change much -- but i will still do my part and answer help calls, cheater calls and host, and i will do it properly.

you guys are making this sound way worse than it is and should just go shoot yourselves. this is nothing like using cheat engine (mother fucking rule #1) so don't even compare that with a sysop playing at a higher resolution. also, before some idiot says that i'm kissing pure_lucks ass you're plain wrong as he most likely hates me (just like a lot of players in this zone does) and i would easily get axed from doing one mistake. i have nothing against the guy, and to be frank he has hardly done any damage to the zone and has just helped us to stay alive. without him, would this zone still be around? probably not, and it's not like he's abusing his powers (such as prizing himself, or speccing players he's playing against) to gain a huge advantage.

going to watch the wc, cyas. just on time! also, vys -- quit already. thanks!

Comment

ph> ?find vys
                        Not online, last seen 0 hours ago

never change, kid
                        Originally posted by Tone
                        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                        Originally posted by the_paul
                        Gargle battery acid fuckface
                        Originally posted by Material Girl
                        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                          excuse me, but i don't really get this talk about nobody answering help calls crap that keeps getting repeated in every single thread that has something to do with staff. i have been staff for quite a while now and i haven't seen that many helps calls that has been left unanswered (and as you know, i am a fucking nerd that is online a lot more than i should be). however, most of the time help calls are answered by some stupid automatic bot reply (to be honest, that's a bad thing) and those automatic responses should be just be removed completely. i believe there has to be more interaction between staff and players, which is why the automatic responses from bots plain suck. but hey, i don't make the rules and i don't have the power to change much -- but i will still do my part and answer help calls, cheater calls and host, and i will do it properly.

you guys are making this sound way worse than it is and should just go shoot yourselves. this is nothing like using cheat engine (mother fucking rule #1) so don't even compare that with a sysop playing at a higher resolution. also, before some idiot says that i'm kissing pure_lucks ass you're plain wrong as he most likely hates me (just like a lot of players in this zone does) and i would easily get axed from doing one mistake. i have nothing against the guy, and to be frank he has hardly done any damage to the zone and has just helped us to stay alive. without him, would this zone still be around? probably not, and it's not like he's abusing his powers (such as prizing himself, or speccing players he's playing against) to gain a huge advantage.
                          going to watch the wc, cyas. just on time! also, vys -- quit already. thanks!
                          lol I'm not comparing cheat engine to higher resolution, onbviously you didn't get what I meant. I'm saying how is letting off a Thor in private arena when asked to do so by head twdop at the time worse than a sysop having an unfair resolution to everyone else in a competative league.
                          Some players take twd serious, off season or not. Me and you are at the skill level where we can join any decent squad and start in twl. But before I started playing twl, I relied on my twd scores an stats in order to get noticed by the big dogs.
                          All i'm saying there's still a few players who rely on that league to get on a twl squad. Offseason or not whether he sucked or not it's irrelevant. He's the leader of the zone and should set an example, especially with all the talk about how useless staff is these days.

And don't worry, I've done my last log into the game today just to let jaa know I won't be playing twdt.
                          Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Dock has a nice way of summing this up. The gene pool does wear thin over time. The average IQ of the player base has dropped significantly to the point of some games becoming un-hostable because the players are too retarded to learn the rules. Journey for instance.

That is why when I hosted I always made people follow instructions instead of bot warping, bots have really destroyed learning how to play the zone properly, staff to player communication, and lowered the overall IQ of the player base.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I'm typing this from my shell. Can't you hear me? That faint clicking sound... that's me. I've got internets in here.
                              i loled..
                              SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                              SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                              Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                              Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                              1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                              1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

Vys I caught you using infinite bursts in a TWBD game, and TWL was just about to start.
                                Ara / AraGee / Death
                                SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                                SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                                TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                                ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X