No announcement yet.

New pub system (TW-Pub1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the damage of a superlev's shot is exactly the same as it was with the old lev, the only difference is that its now emp instead of incendiary/frag. Yes, i'm a lev player, have been for years but you will not see me piggybacking on a terr to earn my kills. A lot of people say levs have no place in basing. The new map and settings does and so far i've been proving it to people because i'm pretty well know in pub to be the basing lev. Lev has it rough with its settings atm and some of the things you're suggesting are just terrible for it.

I think the devs learned that separate areas hurt the zone moreso than it did to keep most of the playerbase happy... I too took an extended break when they moved the main pub area into a pure pub. The arena where levs and x's played never broke more than 20 people in it. All i'm saying is, lev does not ruin games like it used to, although lt's do wreak havoc if they know how to play and do buy super
    Last edited by Maverick X+; 04-25-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick X+ View Post
      its because even though you get the most kills in a ROUND, doesn't mean you got the most kills in the 10 minute period for Killathon... that's pretty clear cut
      oh i didnt realize K-o-thon was 10mins, i purely base -_-

interesting discussing you and LG are having, because i've always been anti-lev/LT, but it's only with this new map that i think there are finally ways for them to be harnessed in the base. the bigger map means that if you are smart, you can generally position yourself in an area where LT bombs wont kill you (unless there are like, 4+ LT's running around on roof and mid and sides), and i find levs to be _far_ less annoying than, say, thors. also, within the FR, a smart lev can actually deploy and cover the cram entrance fairly well, forcing side-tube attacks which are even easier to stop with a lev bomb or a jav (or a spider with good angles).

etc etc etc afkl
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

• Originally posted by leonardo91681 View Post
        Hey, Arobas+.

Would it be possible to implement a command in the bot to decline duel requests? Some players don't know how to take "NO" for an answer and when I'm forced to ?ignore them they will resort to sending their requests through the bot which becomes very annoying and since I can't ?ignore the bot I'm basically forced to take the annoyance or leave and come back later.

Would this be possible?
        You can now do !npduel which will prevent you from receiving any duel challenges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oops View Post
          Please for the love of god fix the 'Best Terrier' of the round thing. I don't know what it's based on, but it's retarded. It should almost always give Best Terrier to the main terr on the WINNING team, and not the hiding levterr that stayed alive for 15 minutes. thanks
          Please submit a ticket for this and I promise you it will be fixed. Thanks! http://twcore.org/newticket

Comment

• hey dezmond and wingzero

it is possible to enable terr duel in pub?

I know arobas+ trying but doesn't work cause people can tach to you and if they kill other terr it's like terr warp so if 2 persons kill him that put end to duel.

Maybe when you duel in terr that can send you in random private freq (and lock this freq) to not people join you and tach terr...

Ok, maybe if that send you in random private freq u can join an existed freq... so maybe lock freq with long number (example: 75485748574) just for duel

thanks!

Comment

• well, the best way i can think of approaching this from a limited subgame perspective is to track a list of players in a duel, then watch the attach event, and when someone attaches to a dueler simply prize them a steady stream of energy depletes

anyone who tries to will be unable to fire and will soon die, so only a fool would deliberately try to
              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

• Hey Wingzero, i cant seem to make a new ticket on the site, whats up

Comment

• Pub shuffle has been implemented. As it is currently setup, after a minimum of 3 played rounds and a freq size difference of at least 4 a vote will be cast to shuffle teams. If the vote passes, each player on freq 0 and freq 1 will be randomly re-placed making the freq sizes differ by less than 2. Hopefully this will help promote consistent competition between pub freqs.

Originally posted by Maverick X+ View Post
                  Hey Wingzero, i cant seem to make a new ticket on the site, whats up
                  Are you still having this problem? Contacting me in-game might be easier.

Comment

• Slight update from my previous post.. I have added an alternative method for the initiation of the shuffle vote. With this method, players may do !shufflevote to the bot after the end of a round in order to initiate the vote to shuffle the pub freqs. Only 1 person is required to do !shufflevote for the poll to begin. Let me know which you guys like better.

Comment

• Works fine so far, easy enough to get the suffle done. Dont know how fast players will start using it, or overusing it.
                      1:fis> EAT PURPLES TO SUPPORT TEAM!

Comment

• Can you do same thing but for !Listvote to enable/disable lev (each round set (3-4 rounds)) or auto disable/enable lev (each round set (3-4 rounds))

I talk it again with many people and many would like some rounds without lev to have more epic battle in base.... i think like that all be happy lev/lt user and baser (based on wich kind of people are in pub when vote pass)

(and can i be an admin to send my ideas... cause here in forum i think my ideas doesnt pass a lot... and i think my ideas will reduce abusing about a lot of things and put everyone happy for lt/lev/baser/people like killothon users.. just need little change in it ... and sure in the way to keep people in trench war)

Comment

• OK

I don't pub much, but have decided to of late and recently, not sure if anyone else has said anything about this because I didn't read anything in this thread, I just bought a roofturret. IMO, it's a waste of money. I don't get credited for the kills and if I decided to switch freqs for w/e reason and maybe LT or something I have something that I bought with my own money sitting on roof shooting at me. Pretty sure it's not supposed to work agaisnt you, atleast if I switch freqs it should disappear or switch freqs with me and be called Rasaqbot or some shit so I get credited the kills. Just thought that was a bit weird. Is there a reason why the pub bot has money anyways?

Comment

• Hmm i thought it gave you money. Have to check in on that. thanks

Comment

• hi dezmond and wingzero

due many players having over 100k $ or 200k $, many players abusing buying system... you can put a cash limit for a time limit by player to limit that. that will be less lame and having game with more skill... cause if you never bankrupt its sure many will do same thing and the game will be very very noob and maybe you will lose some players for that

thanks

Comment

• hi admins.... don't know who now.... I really don't understand why bring back the price really low (2000$) for the superlev... the people have like around 200 000$ now... when the price was like around 4000$ people not abusing it... now in last days, I see so many lt with super.... and if we compare that by example vs a terr for the kills: a lev with superlev with buy fullcharge(300$) easilly kills so many people for 2 shot back to back (with 4 sec bewteen shot) (and spent around like what 3000$) a terr with buy burst (275$ the shot)(with 30 sec between burst) kills not enough for the cash spent (really high price)(around 5500 for 10mins) ... i know u guys will tell me terr is a defense ship and not a killer ship than the lev but I don't care... it's about the abusing of lev's power vs cash system vs other ships price (I just want make it really fair for everyone... admins dont want it too????) .... so u should a)put higher price for superlev b)put higher time bweteen shot for lev c)put lower price for burst and/or d)put lower time between burst

also, we vote like 2-3 month about some changes for new map, new setting, old lev setting, pub cash change (pinkstar do it... we were like 90 in the area) it supposed to be tested in a weekend... but never see it.... nobody having news about it... what's happen?

so thanks to answering me!

Comment

Working...
                                X