No announcement yet.

New pub system (TW-Pub1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to say I'm really liking the new pub map. I've never seen so many people, especially vets, flying around in there as I have these last few weeks.

I do have a some comments, though.

1. People were worried that killothon was taking too much attention away from basing and always ended up being a 30 minute spawnfest outside of base. I'm not sure this is so much of a problem anymore since the time was lowered to 15 minutes and the reward was reduced substantially. I have no problem with this, but I wouldn't mind seeing the reward raised a bit so that people don't lose interest. I haven't pubbed much in the last week, but I remember that the longer killothon was great because it brought a lot of people from other arenas into pub for a brief period of time because everyone wanted to win the $25,000. I think a lot of people lost interest since this was changed. Consider making it less frequent than once per hour, increase the prize money, and keep it at 15 minutes. This way it's not long enough to really disturb basing for very long and still keeps people thoroughly entertained.

2. Duel rings need to be a little bigger. I like the idea of pub duels being different than the long, "stressful," drawn out ones in ?go duel. But still, the ring is a little small and there are way too many rocks.

3. Nuke really needs to come back in some shape or form. Lots of the appeal in collecting money is to have something really epic to save up for. Right now, there really isn't anything like that. I thought I read somewhere that nuke is being worked on, but I could be wrong.

4. The bot is really annoying about making sure people in spec aren't afk. This becomes a problem when speccing on a private freq. If there's already a cap on how many people can be flying around, I don't see a problem with letting someone sit in spec for say 10 minutes instead of 5.

5. Things like jav TKs make basing really not fun. Seriously, the amount of team kills is absurd. People who do this need to be locked out of ships with bombs for a while. Maybe force them to spend some time earning money in a different ship until they have enough to re-buy their jav (and after maybe 10-30 minutes of being locked out). Is this feasible?

6. !algorithm to the bot gives back "This is a secret!" If you want people to base, maybe you should let them know that kills inside the base are worth more than those outside.

7. Consider adding more periodic minigames in pub to keep things fresh and exciting.

That's all I have for now. Overall, I'm really pleased with the work being done in pub. Keep it up

Comment

motherfucker comes out strong with his first post

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
        motherfucker comes out strong with his first post
        ROFL

gj chompie
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Chompie View Post
          1. People were worried that killothon ... Consider making it less frequent than once per hour, increase the prize money, and keep it at 15 minutes. This way it's not long enough to really disturb basing for very long and still keeps people thoroughly entertained.
          The first few days, kill-o-thon was started manually and I was choosing how much people were earning. Now, people earn $2000 per session of 15 minutes (pause of 1 hour between each). $2000 is still a lot for only 15 minutes. Once the bot will be fully set, directives will be given to mods to change those settings on the fly during a peak hour, for longer session/more money.

2. Duel rings need to be a little bigger. I like the idea of pub duels being different than the long, "stressful," drawn out ones in ?go duel. But still, the ring is a little small and there are way too many rocks.
          The idea behind the small ring was to have a quick and dirty duel because we have already arenas like ?go duel for real duel. I will talk with flared to make the wb duel box a bit bigger since more and more players request it.

3. Nuke really needs to come back in some shape or form. Lots of the appeal in collecting money is to have something really epic to save up for. Right now, there really isn't anything like that. I thought I read somewhere that nuke is being worked on, but I could be wrong.
          The bot was crashing on rare occasion when this item was bought. It's on plan to bring it back with 'bombblast', as soon as I figure out why it happens.

4. The bot is really annoying about making sure people in spec aren't afk. This becomes a problem when speccing on a private freq. If there's already a cap on how many people can be flying around, I don't see a problem with letting someone sit in spec for say 10 minutes instead of 5.
          TW-Guards make sure everyone plays in pub, why? to avoid multiple public arena just because people idle on the main one. But, it's not the case anymore, we don't have a limit anymore on pub since a few days. We could disable this feature and see..

5. Things like jav TKs make basing really not fun. Seriously, the amount of team kills is absurd. People who do this need to be locked out of ships with bombs for a while. Maybe force them to spend some time earning money in a different ship until they have enough to re-buy their jav (and after maybe 10-30 minutes of being locked out). Is this feasible?
          It should be feasible, if X TK in X minutes, -$200 and lock on this ship for X minutes.. that's an option.

6. !algorithm to the bot gives back "This is a secret!" If you want people to base, maybe you should let them know that kills inside the base are worth more than those outside.
          I had no time to write the algorithm, I should not have added this command until I had the text written.. soon soon!

7. Consider adding more periodic minigames in pub to keep things fresh and exciting.
          Of course! Hunt is already there but still a little bit bugged (I fixed a few bug yesterday, should be ready soon). It will run between games (during the 5 minutes break). If you have any idea, we are open.

Excellent post.
          Last edited by Arobas+; 10-26-2010, 06:46 AM.
          TW Bot Developer
          TW Web Developer
          Friends> All I saw was arobas+
          Friends> It's like death

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
            2.) make it so that the tileset you set with the bot is persistent
            Your change is supposed to be permanent but it reverts to 'bluetech' sometimes. It's a bug I need to find. Try it, !settile boki, ?go test, ?go 0. It should work.
            TW Bot Developer
            TW Web Developer
            Friends> All I saw was arobas+
            Friends> It's like death

Comment

tested it last night and it worked.

thanks aro, as always you da man!
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

If we are going to have a hunt module in pub, i hope that means that it won't be hosted 15X a day by <ER>s that want to meet their quota the easy way

Comment

ERs cant host in pub
                  lets keep it that way
                  The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                  SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Are you trying to be funny or are you retarded?

Serious question

Comment

give a few space bucks to winners of hosted events

Comment

give winners of twl games a few spacebucks so all 8 of us can line up at bottom and send a nuclear strike manually

Comment

!t (!terrier) and !tea (!team) shouldn't have to be PMed since they're priority commands that are used often.

!settile has not worked since the Halloween map ended; I'm guessing it's because you haven't synchronized the tileset with the new map with additional dueling circles?

On levies, bringing them back with lesser firepower but higher endurance is a good trade off. But concerning the sporadic changes, the price of Superlev (L3 bomb for levies) should NEVER cost more than a thor. $500-$1000 was a good price, why is it jacked up to 3K now? A good aimer can easily take out a hard-earned 500 bounty LT who's inside a base with a thor, plus the LT is already castrated if someone buys a cheap $300 antiwarp.

Also, if you minded to change the graphics of the levi bomb so it looks one tier higher, why not include the sound too, so the superlev bomb sounds fearsome as its L4 counterpart instead of the weak "eeehh" sound?

I don't think I'm alone in saying that the changes to TW, though with good intentions, have been too frequent and too abrupt these months, and with the lack of announcements and requests for public input (in game), I feel like us pubbers are just guinea pigs at the whim of the invisible modders. Please remember that players are what makes the server, not those who run it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drant View Post
                            !settile has not worked since the Halloween map ended; I'm guessing it's because you haven't synchronized the tileset with the new map with additional dueling circles?
                            Nope, that's all taken care of already. The reason it's disabled is because it was causing some bot problem.

On levies, bringing them back with lesser firepower but higher endurance is a good trade off. But concerning the sporadic changes, the price of Superlev (L3 bomb for levies) should NEVER cost more than a thor. $500-$1000 was a good price, why is it jacked up to 3K now? A good aimer can easily take out a hard-earned 500 bounty LT who's inside a base with a thor, plus the LT is already castrated if someone buys a cheap $300 antiwarp.
                            The reasoning behind the expensive superlev is because the superlev is now even more powerful than the old lev given its increased manueverability and EMP bombs. Also, thors cost that much per thor, whereas the superlev lasts until you die.

I don't think I'm alone in saying that the changes to TW, though with good intentions, have been too frequent and too abrupt these months, and with the lack of announcements and requests for public input (in game), I feel like us pubbers are just guinea pigs at the whim of the invisible modders. Please remember that players are what makes the server, not those who run it.
                            We are taking all public opinions into account, and we have gotten generally good feedback from this whole new-pub project. We are open to all suggestions and comments, thats the purpose of this thread.
                            Gun remembers.

Comment

Thanks for fixing the !settile

Levs and Superlevs:

Superlev isn't that super; though the damage radius is larger, the slow bomb speed makes them much more evadable; EMP is not useful since EMPed enemies can just run away while the lev takes a long time to refire. The increased rotation is only helpful while greening, since it is a defensive buff for the slow lev, and not relevant as an offensive lev on a fast terr. It would be a fine trade off if you bring back the signature fast bomb speed and remove the extraneous EMP.

The case against the luxurious $3000 price is that super LTs are fragile; they can be easily killed if any rich player buys much cheaper prizes like antiwarp or thor before the LT can do any significant damage. If the LT warps unluckily and end up right next to a bunch of warbirds, the 3K is instantly gone and it'll take days of casual playing to get back the money to buy another.

Public Feedbacks:

I don't think most Trenchers even know this website exists, let alone this thread. What I was supposing was that you'd announce the changes ahead via the Zone News text instead of making users coming in and "BAM": years old ships settings are changed, the base gets new entrances, and prices plunge and soar. You could also mention the link to these suggestion forums or threads.

EDIT:
                              The bot doesn't remember my !settile after I leave the zone for an hour or so.
                              Last edited by Drant; 11-08-2010, 03:54 AM.

Comment

The 3K is instantly gone and it'll take days of casual playing to get back the money to buy another.
                                You can subscribe at www.youtube.com/FieryFire3D and post your gamename on the channel comments. This helps promote the game and gives you some extra spending money ingame ($5,000) once you pm me and I confirm you've subscribed and posted. Also, we have special contest every week where you can win thousands of extra Pub Cash (Joke Contest, Pick-Up Line Contest, etc.)

Another method of getting a lot of pub money, is to donate to Trench Wars. You'll be helping the zone and at the same time you'll be instantly rewarded with plenty of Pub Cash to LT to your hearts content. If you're wondering how much Pub Cash you'll get, click the link in my signature and there will be a calculator available before actually donating. There is a multiplier too, so the more you donate, the more each Pub Cash each dollar is worth.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

Working...
                                X