New pub system (TW-Pub1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twenty Four View Post
    You can subscribe at www.youtube.com/FieryFire3D and post your gamename on the channel comments. This helps promote the game and gives you some extra spending money ingame ($5,000) once you pm me and I confirm you've subscribed and posted. Also, we have special contest every week where you can win thousands of extra Pub Cash (Joke Contest, Pick-Up Line Contest, etc.)

Another method of getting a lot of pub money, is to donate to Trench Wars. You'll be helping the zone and at the same time you'll be instantly rewarded with plenty of Pub Cash to LT to your hearts content. If you're wondering how much Pub Cash you'll get, click the link in my signature and there will be a calculator available before actually donating. There is a multiplier too, so the more you donate, the more each Pub Cash each dollar is worth.

Let me know if you have any questions!

this one of the worst steps and posts i've seen in the entire time i've played TW

staff might have a hardon over the unlimited possibilities this crap money system has to offer but really ? Advising ppl that you can now pay 2 play super lev ... thats what we want ? there is a difference between altruistically donating money to a game and bribing ppl that they can save days of playing to get the new advantages you brought in ... i'd say against the ethos of why i choose TW over other zones

not only that, despite throwing real money at it and changing system so it's all about rewards, has it made any difference ? will not more ppl get pissed off at being told to buy super lev "if they want to support the game" with real money and drive those like myself away ... i'm not seeing fun filled pubs over what was before hand or tons of ppl staying.

Real Money tournaments are a novelty at best and shouldn't be over done or relied upon , advertisement through FF3d is the only good thing i've seen out of all this
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

Comment

I think thor is too fast at the moment. Someone who has played 30 minutes carefully getting a good streak will be shot down like a fly without a chance. Thors should be used in the flagroom, not in hunt.

Also, dont bring back the insane nukes and bombblasts. They ruin the fun from basing.
      1:fis> EAT PURPLES TO SUPPORT TEAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
        this one of the worst steps and posts i've seen in the entire time i've played TW

staff might have a hardon over the unlimited possibilities this crap money system has to offer but really ? Advising ppl that you can now pay 2 play super lev ... thats what we want ? there is a difference between altruistically donating money to a game and bribing ppl that they can save days of playing to get the new advantages you brought in ... i'd say against the ethos of why i choose TW over other zones
        If this is against your values pressure, feel free to donate real money to TW from the KINDNESS OF YOUR HEART. You'll then be given a coupon, which of course you won't cash in because that would be against your priciples.

The money made from donations goes towards getting more players to this game. If you have a BETTER way of getting funds/players to the game, please provide your idea. Better yet, impliment your idea and save TW your own way. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot, and I'm not in all the key circles, but I haven't seen you do anything productive yet. (I said the same thing about d!str0rt, little did I know he's some kind of TW hero )

Anyways, you'll continue playing just like you always have, feel free to thank us later when we have 500+ people on consistantly.

Enjoy your day,

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

d1s u my tw hero

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

hey we should have experience and the more people you kill the higher your experience gets and then with experience you can buy like stuff and go into secret arenas and you should be able to change the outfit of your spaceship and have bracelets
            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Auto Decline Duel request

Hey, Arobas+.

Would it be possible to implement a command in the bot to decline duel requests? Some players don't know how to take "NO" for an answer and when I'm forced to ?ignore them they will resort to sending their requests through the bot which becomes very annoying and since I can't ?ignore the bot I'm basically forced to take the annoyance or leave and come back later.

Would this be possible?

Comment

could probably just grab you in-game, aro, but i figure if i leave this here you're bound to see it sooner or later.

since re-enabling the !settile function after the halloween map was up, the setting is once again not persistent. i have to type !settile boki to the bot every time i log on and off. now perhaps it's only meant to be persistent during one session. if that's the case, i'll kindly stfu. :]
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Four View Post
                  If this is against your values pressure, feel free to donate real money to TW from the KINDNESS OF YOUR HEART. You'll then be given a coupon, which of course you won't cash in because that would be against your priciples.

The money made from donations goes towards getting more players to this game. If you have a BETTER way of getting funds/players to the game, please provide your idea. Better yet, impliment your idea and save TW your own way. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot, and I'm not in all the key circles, but I haven't seen you do anything productive yet. (I said the same thing about d!str0rt, little did I know he's some kind of TW hero )

Anyways, you'll continue playing just like you always have, feel free to thank us later when we have 500+ people on consistantly.

Enjoy your day,

your arrogance is quite outstanding

but like i've said before yourself and other staff seem to have a holier than thou attitude to your own changes self proclaiming your saving the game ... and anyone who disagrees isn't helping the zone ... handy that

if you cant see why it's pretty sad that TW has reached the point where a staffer is advising a new poster to the forums to go buy a "super levi" for real money then it's a lost cause.

it's been months do you have any stats ? i'd be interested in seeing the stats to see the massive positive impact the last few months of pub changes have brought

i've tried the changes in pub and didn't like them and have now stopped pubbing, after TWL is over if the pubs are this crap and your offering advantages for real money i'll be quitting. I'm not being a martyr but since that is the case i'm pointing out your changes to get new players are driving players away.
                  In my world,
                  I am King

sigpic

Comment

Hey listen Pdrop I actually agree with you and that is why I didn't like the pub money system but lets face it us old guys are already quitting in droves anyways, I am sure every single TWL coming with less people showing up than the year before didn't allude you. Our time is basically done, maybe what.. 2-4 years left with the current old guard before people move on with their lives, get married, find a job that doesn't allow them to play, or just lose interest. Look at it from the perspective of the staffers who are doing this.. we constantly bitched about nothing getting done to bring people into the zone and unfortunately the new pub money system is just a sign of the times.. this is just the way online games work now. If it brings in lots of new players after they do the big advertising bonanza thing they have planned so be it I suppose. Just think about what you did to better the zone while you played and know its time to pass it to a new generation and if that fails to just let it die.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

a huge problem

Please for the love of god fix the 'Best Terrier' of the round thing. I don't know what it's based on, but it's retarded. It should almost always give Best Terrier to the main terr on the WINNING team, and not the hiding levterr that stayed alive for 15 minutes. thanks
                      5:Melanoma> so I kinda cheated on my gf yesterday
                      5:Melanoma> but I was drunk so it doesnt count right
                      5:Oops> doesnt count if ur sober just so long as u dont get caught
                      5:Melanoma> aight cool
                      5:Melanoma> + it was with a dude
                      5:Oops> what?
                      5:Melanoma> ye
                      5:Oops> you serious?
                      5:Melanoma> innocent kissing
                      5:Melanoma> fu
                      5:Melanoma> I WAS DRUNK
                      5:squallFF8> this is akward

Comment

a huge problem indeed

Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

All the changes suck.
                          remove res cap, im tryin to pwn

Comment

New items

sphere : Sphere of Seclusion for 30 seconds (for everyone) (a la enigma)
                            blindness : Get someone blind for 15 seconds (awesome item)
                            baseterr : A bot spawn and acts as a ter in base for 2 minutes (killed after 20 shots)
                            roofturret : A bot spawn and kill enemies on roof for 5 minutes (auto-aim + unkillable)
                            immunity : Makes you immune to attacks purchased by players against you for 4 minutes (ie: blindness)

Current bug
                            !tileset still doesn't properly save your setting, soon soon..
                            You may have to rejoin the arena if your money is not shown or at $0.
                            Last edited by Arobas+; 01-06-2011, 08:42 PM.
                            TW Bot Developer
                            TW Web Developer
                            Friends> All I saw was arobas+
                            Friends> It's like death

Comment

Roof Turret with the super'd WB is a bit annoying. I see what some people were so upset about in pub, however it does make sense because it is less annoying than constant roofers.

Can it be killed? I haven't really tried to kill it... just watched it.

The idea of a temporary base terr is intriguing, especially for those brief periods when noone wants to be a terr.
                              Fuck it.

Comment

Bots can be killed, it depends of its configuration. If you want to know, PM the bot. It will tell you if its killable or not, etc..

New update
                                • The command !tileset should now work properly.. save your favorite tileset (boki/monolith/bluetech).
                                • New LT detector : As soon as a lev attachs a ter and stay attached for more than 5 seconds, FREQ 0 and 1 are alerted about a new LT around. If you kill a LT with a lev (need at least 30 bty), you get 2x its bounty in money.
                                • Along with this new LT detector, the command !lt
                                • To help LT, superlev is now $2k instead of $3k.
                                TW Bot Developer
                                TW Web Developer
                                Friends> All I saw was arobas+
                                Friends> It's like death

Comment

Working...
                                X